Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: The Next Prophesied Event  (Read 12927 times)

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
Re: The Next Prophesied Event
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2021, 06:28:05 PM »
There are two Days of the Lord; His terrible Day of fiery wrath, when He won't be seen, Habakkuk 3:4
This is a pretty egregious misuse of that verse.

There's nothing "hidden" about what's happening in Habakkeuk 3. Verse 4 describes how the LORD's power was hidden in "his hand", but is now (contemporary to Habakkuk) shining out, impossible to miss, like a sunbeam.

The entire chapter is a poem that depicts the undeniable, visible arrival of the LORD with his war party to battle his enemies.
Habakkuk 3:4 plainly says that when the Lord sends His wrath, He will be hidden; not be seen. Also Psalms 18:11, and Psalms 11:4-6 tells us He stays in heaven; sending His fiery wrath to destroy His enemies.

We will see that fire, feel the earthquakes, storms and tsunamis. 
Yes; 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 does say the Lord will reveal Himself to His people. That will be soon after that Day, when His people have gathered into the holy Land. As we see in Revelation 14:1
Writer of Bible Prophecy articles: logostelos.info

agnostic

• ex-Christian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2021, 06:36:15 PM »
Habakkuk 3:4 plainly says that when the Lord sends His wrath, He will be hidden; not be seen.
And of course, Habakkuk 3:4 has zero literary connection to Habakkuk 3:1-3 or Habakkuk 3:5-19, the parts of the chapter which describe the LORD riding across the world to conquer his enemies.

God came from Teman,
   the Holy One from Mount Paran.
          Selah
His glory covered the heavens,
   and the earth was full of his praise.
The brightness was like the sun;
   rays came forth from his hand,
   where his power lay hidden.
Before him went pestilence,
   and plague followed close behind.
He stopped and shook the earth;
   he looked and made the nations tremble.
The eternal mountains were shattered;
   along his ancient pathways
   the everlasting hills sank low.
I saw the tents of Cushan under affliction;
   the tent-curtains of the land of Midian trembled.
Was your wrath against the rivers, O Lord?
   Or your anger against the rivers,
   or your rage against the sea,
when you drove your horses,
   your chariots to victory?
You brandished your naked bow,
   sated were the arrows at your command.
          Selah
   You split the earth with rivers.
The mountains saw you, and writhed;
   a torrent of water swept by;
the deep gave forth its voice.
   The sun raised high its hands;
the moon stood still in its exalted place,
   at the light of your arrows speeding by,
   at the gleam of your flashing spear.
In fury you trod the earth,
   in anger you trampled nations.

He's marching over the earth, with his "glory covering the heavens" and his "brightness like the sun". I find it shocking a person can read this and conclude it's talking about something invisible and secret, based entirely on one word in one verse.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2021, 09:33:03 PM »
I have yet to see any proof that I am wrong in my use of the Prophetic Word.
I have yet to see that you're correct in your use of the Prophetic Word. Has anything that you've predicted come true? Nope, not a single thing.

Jeremiah 6:10 To whom shall I speak, to whom give the warning? The people are incapable of listening, for they treat the Lord's Word as a reproach.
So now you're not only interpreting the prophets, but you're a prophet yourself?  Very presumptuous.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2021, 09:39:54 PM »
He's marching over the earth, with his "glory covering the heavens" and his "brightness like the sun". I find it shocking a person can read this and conclude it's talking about something invisible and secret, based entirely on one word in one verse.
I'll do you one better. The whole chapter is past tense. It's about things that have already occurred before Habakkuk's time.  Now, the whole chapter is very poetic, so we'd have to read it in that context. But it's past events.

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2021, 10:38:02 PM »
Obviously I am not going to make any impression on people who don't want the prospect of a shocking worldwide disaster spoil their day.
Such a thing is graphically described in many Bible prophesies and it is easier to discount it than worry about it.

Fair enough; we shouldn't worry about the prospect of an event of similar magnitude as what happened in the days of Noah. Many have cried 'wolf' and then looked very silly.
But the Bible prophesies are clear; one day the Lord will arise and change the world. Isaiah 2:12-24, 2 Peter 3:7

We are told that we should be aware of what the Lord has planned for our future. To say I am wrong about prophesies that have yet to take place, is foolishness.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2021, 11:18:57 PM »
Obviously I am not going to make any impression on people who don't want the prospect of a shocking worldwide disaster spoil their day.
Such a thing is graphically described in many Bible prophesies and it is easier to discount it than worry about it.
I'm honestly not worried. I trust in God.

But the Bible prophesies are clear; one day the Lord will arise and change the world. Isaiah 2:12-24
How about Isaiah 2:1-5

This is what Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem:

In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established as the highest of the mountains;
it will be exalted above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.

Many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.”

The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He will judge between the nations
    and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

Nothing scary at all. A rebuilt temple in Jerusalem, with all the nations coming there to learn of God's ways. And there will be no more war. I could look forward to that.
We are told that we should be aware of what the Lord has planned for our future. To say I am wrong about prophesies that have yet to take place, is foolishness.
To say that you're right about anything when none of your predictions have come true yet is what, then?

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2021, 04:05:28 AM »
To say my predictions have failed, shows your gross bias and is tantamount to member abuse.

Firstly they are not my predictions, I just point out what the Prophets have told us.
Then to think they have failed because they haven't happened, is really childish. We await their fulfilment and those who have failed to take note of the warnings will be disadvantaged.

Isaiah 34:1-8 Attend to this warning, all you peoples! For the Lord’s anger is against all the nations and His wrath upon all their military might. He has given them over to slaughter and destruction. All their dead will cover the ground, the corpses and blood will stink.
On that Day, My sword will appear in heaven and the sky will roll up like a scroll. [Rev. 6:14] My sword, covered in blood will descend on peoples doomed for destruction, upon Bozrah [the sheepfold] and Edom. [the ungodly nations] For the Lord has a Day of vengeance, a time of retribution to uphold Zion’s cause. 2 Peter 3:10, Isaiah 66:15-16, Habakkuk 3:12, Zephaniah 1:14-18

Nahum 1:2-8 The Lord is a jealous God, a God of vengeance against His adversaries. He will not let the guilty go unpunished. His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, the earth is in tumult before Him, the world and all who live on it. Who can stand before His wrath? His rage pours out like fire, He makes an end to all who oppose Him. But, the Lord is a sure protection for those who make Him their refuge.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2021, 10:25:18 AM »
To say my predictions have failed, shows your gross bias and is tantamount to member abuse.

Firstly they are not my predictions, I just point out what the Prophets have told us.
Then to think they have failed because they haven't happened, is really childish. We await their fulfilment and those who have failed to take note of the warnings will be disadvantaged.
So you're allowed to say that they haven't happened yet, but when I say they haven't happened yet, it's abusive. Got it.

Isaiah 34:1-8 Attend to this warning, all you peoples! For the Lord’s anger is against all the nations and His wrath upon all their military might. He has given them over to slaughter and destruction. All their dead will cover the ground, the corpses and blood will stink.
Again let's look at context. Isaiah 33 begins "Woe to you, destroyer, you who have not been destroyed! and continues "The Lord is exalted, for he dwells on high;     he will fill Zion with his justice and righteousness." and "Look on Zion, the city of our festivals; your eyes will see Jerusalem, a peaceful abode, a tent that will not be moved" etc etc. The prophet is speaking of God punishing the nations that have plundered Jerusalem, not the world-at-large. 

Nahum 1:2-8 The Lord is a jealous God, a God of vengeance against His adversaries. He will not let the guilty go unpunished. His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, the earth is in tumult before Him, the world and all who live on it. Who can stand before His wrath? His rage pours out like fire, He makes an end to all who oppose Him. But, the Lord is a sure protection for those who make Him their refuge.
LOL why are you starting with verse 2 and not verse 1? Because verse 1 says "A prophecy concerning Nineveh...."

agnostic

• ex-Christian
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2021, 11:32:49 AM »
Obviously I am not going to make any impression on people who don't want the prospect of a shocking worldwide disaster spoil their day
Okay, you're being pretty dishonest about what's going on in this thread... and you know you are.

It has nothing to do with how "shocking" your predictions are.

It has to do with how severely you're misquoting and misusing the Bible, the evasive answers you give when things get too specific, and the way you pretend to know what others are thinking.

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2021, 04:58:13 PM »
The Earth will Burn:     2 Peter 3:7, Isaiah 66:15-16, Zeph. 3:8, Isaiah 33:10-12

In ancient times, God promised to Noah that He would never again destroy the earth with a flood. Genesis 9:11 But we see in Deuteronomy 32:34-35 & 22, God has kept in His storehouse a judgement of fire prepared and ready for His Day of vengeance.
 As we are once again ‘as in the days of Noah’, this terrible and devastating Day of fires, storms and earthquakes will soon strike the world, it will be the next prophesied event that will commence all that must happen, leading up to the Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign.

Psalms 46:1-11 The Lord is our refuge and stronghold, He will help us in trouble, so we are not afraid when the earth is shaking and the mountains move; when the waves of the sea roar and the earth is quaking before the Lords majesty.            Nations are in an uproar and kingdoms fall when the Lord thunders; the earth burns.
 Come and see what the Lord has done, the desolation He has brought on the earth. He makes wars to cease throughout the world, He breaks the bow, snaps the spear and burns the chariots in the fire.
 There is a river whose flow brings joy to the city of God, the holy Place of the Most High. The Lord is within her, she will not be overthrown and at the break of Day, He will come to her aid.
 Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations and revered throughout the world. The Lord Almighty is with us, the God of Jacob is our Rock.

This describes how the Lord will judge and punish the nations and ‘the desolation He will bring to the earth’. He will destroy all weapons of war and military forces will be neutralized or wiped out, but the Lord promises ‘to be a refuge’ to His people, when at the ‘break of day, the sea roars, the earth quakes and burns’. It is His great Day of vengeance and wrath, a massive explosion of the suns surface that will bring about all the vividly described effects. We are warned to be prepared for that terrible Day, but our only true protection will be our faith and trust in the Lord. Isaiah 30:15 & 18

Isaiah 9:18-19 The ungodly will be set ablaze, as a fire that consumes briars and thorns. It sets the forests on fire and all is wrapped in a pall of smoke.
The land is scorched by the fury of the Lord and the people will be fuel for the fire. Ezekiel 21:1-7, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Romans 1:18, Hebrews 10:27

Psalms 50:3-5 The Lord is coming and will not remain silent. A consuming fire runs ahead of Him and all around a great storm rages. He calls to the heavens above and the earth below, that He may judge His people.
  Gather to Me, My loyal servants, those who have made a Covenant with Me by sacrifice.  1 Peter 3:17  Ref: REB, NIV.  Some verses abridged.

This is not the Return of Jesus in His glory, that cannot happen until the Anti-Christ is revealed. 2 Thess. 2:3 It will be the Lord’s judgement and punishment of the nations, Psalms 110:5-6, Habakkuk 3:12, and all the world will be affected. It will be triggered by an attack on the State of Israel by an Islamic confederation. Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12
The Lord’s people will be judged, Jeremiah 46:27-28, 1 Peter 4:17 and those who are His ‘loyal servants’, will be protected.  Zechariah 9:15-16, Joel 3:16, Psalms 37:9, Zephaniah 2:3, 2 Thess.1:6-10

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2021, 06:07:07 PM »
The Earth will Burn:    Isaiah 66:15-16,
This is one of your "ignoring the context specialties". Isaiah 66 is talking about the exiles gathered to the land of Israel. Verse 10: Rejoice with Jerusalem and exult in her all those who love her. Verse 13: Like a man whose mother consoles him, so will I console you, and in Jerusalem, you shall be consoled. Verse 20: And they shall bring all your brethren from all the nations as a tribute to the Lord, with horses and with chariots, and with covered wagons and with mules and with joyous songs upon My holy mount, Jerusalem," says the Lord, "as the children of Israel bring the offering in a pure vessel to the house of the Lord. "

This is an optimistic chapter, it's not about God burning the earth down, which is nowhere in the text.

Zeph. 3:8,
Same here

Verse 14: Sing, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O Israel! Rejoice and jubilate wholeheartedly, O daughter of Jerusalem! Verse 17: he Lord your God is in your midst-a Mighty One Who will save. He will rejoice over you with joy. He will be silent in His love. He will jubilate over you with song. Verse 19:Behold, I wreak destruction upon all those who afflict you at that time. Verse 20: I will make you a name and a praise among all the peoples of the earth when I restore your captivities before your eyes, said the Lord.

It's the oppressors of Israel that God is speaking of, not the whole world.

Isaiah 33:10-12
Verse 14: Sinners in Zion were afraid
This chapter is a warning for Israel, not the whole world.

In ancient times, God promised to Noah that He would never again destroy the earth with a flood. Genesis 9:11 But we see in Deuteronomy 32:34-35 & 22, God has kept in His storehouse a judgement of fire prepared and ready for His Day of vengeance.
Vengeance against whom? Your vision of God is quite disturbing. He just wants to burn billions of people? Deuteronomy 32 is a warning to the Jews. Read the chapter. It has nothing what so ever to do with the rest of the world. Settle down.

This describes how the Lord will judge and punish the nations and ‘the desolation He will bring to the earth’.
It's a poem by the sons of Korah, about trusting in God no matter what happens. It's not a prophecy about anything at all.

Isaiah 30:15 & 18
Whole chapter is about Israel. Read it, not just verse 15 and 18.

Isaiah 9:18-19 The ungodly will be set ablaze, as a fire that consumes briars and thorns. It sets the forests on fire and all is wrapped in a pall of smoke.
Verse 7: The Lord has sent a word against Jacob, and it has fallen in Israel.

This isn't addressed to the "ungodly", its addressed to Israel.

And on and on and on. The bible wasn't meant to be read as isolated verses, but as books as a whole.

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2021, 03:33:23 AM »
When people see how some reject and deny what scripture tells us, they will be discredited and ignored.

It is generally accepted that the Psalms do contain a fair amount of prophecy; warnings about events yet to happen.
We know from Psalms 46 and many other prophesies, that the Lord WILL send fire to burn and make the earth desolate.   I believe that 'eretz', translated as 'earth' here and elsewhere, also as 'land', refers to the Middle East region, not to the whole world.  Zephaniah 1:14-18 puts it better.

I read and know the whole Bible quite well. My more that 800 articles mostly on the Prophetic Word prove it
So I can post them every day for the next 2 + years.  Would that convince anyone?
No; of course not, the only way for those who reject the truths of Prophecy, will be when things do start to happen.  THEN the eyes will be opened and the ears unstopped. Isaiah 32:3-4, Isaiah 42:18-20, Isaiah 29:18

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2021, 09:49:30 AM »
When people see how some reject and deny what scripture tells us, they will be discredited and ignored.
Nobody is rejecting scripture. They're rejecting your own, personal interpretation of scripture. You reject the way other people understand scripture literally all the time. Does that mean that you're rejecting scripture, too?

It is generally accepted that the Psalms do contain a fair amount of prophecy; warnings about events yet to happen.
"Generally accepted" by whom? "Warnings" about what? It's all doom and gloom to you, everything is a warning.

We know from Psalms 46 and many other prophesies, that the Lord WILL send fire to burn and make the earth desolate.
We know of no such thing. I know you have this idea that God is going to destroy nonbelievers in a giant fire, and you search high and low in the bible for proof of this. But maybe you should read what the bible says, without expectations,  than go in looking for what you already believe.

I believe that 'eretz', translated as 'earth' here and elsewhere, also as 'land', refers to the Middle East region, not to the whole world.
It means nothing of the sort. You're inventing your own language now. Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ God only created the middle east? Who created the rest of the planet?

Zephaniah 1:14-18 puts it better.
No, it doesn't. It isn't a prophecy for a distant time meant for the whole world. It's a warning for the people of Judea who lived at that time. The chapter's repeated references to Judah and Jerusalem make this obvious.

I read and know the whole Bible quite well. My more that 800 articles mostly on the Prophetic Word prove it
Just because you write a lot of articles doesn't make them true or correct.

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2021, 05:10:46 PM »
I point out a lot of prophecy. clearly stated things that remain to be fulfilled.

The tell about terrifying events and disasters, that I agree; we shouldn't be fixated on, but someone needs to put out the warning and try to explain what God has said He will do.  Pastors and Bible scholars don't do it, they avoid the subject altogether. Of the few who do, John Hagee for example, most promote weird and sci-fi scenarios.

My message to you and all who will listen is; Be prepared for dramatic changes, stand firm in your faith and look forward to the amazing completion of Almighty God's wonderful Plan for mankind.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2021, 05:25:46 PM »
I point out a lot of prophecy. clearly stated things that remain to be fulfilled.
You also point out  a lot of prophecy about things that were fulfilled long ago. The prophets first and foremost spoke to the Jews of their generation. They warned them that if they did not repent and stop idolatry and wicked behavior, they would be punished, culminating in their cities being destroyed and the land being left barren. They were warned of being exiled. And all those events actually took place, some 2600 years ago.

Now, some prophecies were also of the distant future. Some have occurred in our lifetime, like the ingathering of the Jewish exiles back to the land of Israel. Some have yet to occur, like universal peace and knowledge of God.

But we have to be able to distinguish between the two types of prophecies. And we can, by reading the verses in context of the entire chapter. As I urge you to do.

The tell about terrifying events and disasters, that I agree; we shouldn't be fixated on, but someone needs to put out the warning and try to explain what God has said He will do.
Why do you think we need warnings? If we're all here and all God-fearing, what purpose do these warnings serve? Or have you appointed yourself to this role for reasons that have to do with you and not us?

Pastors and Bible scholars don't do it, they avoid the subject altogether. Of the few who do, John Hagee for example, most promote weird and sci-fi scenarios.
I'm rather fond of Pastor Hagee myself. What is it that you don't like about him? That he's a Christian Zionist?
My message to you and all who will listen is; Be prepared for dramatic changes, stand firm in your faith and look forward to the amazing completion of Almighty God's wonderful Plan for mankind.
And that's fine.

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
Today at 11:05:49 PM

Thankful by Sojourner
Today at 06:46:33 PM

I Knew Him-Joseph by Cloudwalker
Today at 01:57:39 PM

Church Abuse/ Rebuke by tango
Today at 09:34:39 AM

Riddle by RabbiKnife
Today at 08:04:58 AM