Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Biden’s Afghanistan Blunder  (Read 7080 times)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: Biden’s Afghanistan Blunder
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2021, 02:21:36 PM »
That is WHY the audits are being resisted.
I hear that and I don't disagree. But the states certified those numbers and the electoral college voted and the president was sworn in. That's the process. If we're saying that the military or any other body has the power to overturn a certified election then we're in banana republic territory.

In fact, I'll do you one better. If the military deposes the president I bet the left would be delighted. All trust in the process will be gone.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 02:24:21 PM by Fenris »

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2021, 03:01:15 PM »
I hear that and I don't disagree. But the states certified those numbers and the electoral college voted and the president was sworn in. That's the process. If we're saying that the military or any other body has the power to overturn a certified election then we're in banana republic territory.

It's the opposite actually. If the election was faulty, meaning that the person who won, lost and the person who lost, won... to allow this to happen = this is a banana republic. The Military will not allow such error to continue, IF proven. They will step in, remove the loser and either do 1 or 2 from my earlier post.

In fact, I'll do you one better. If the military deposes the president I bet the left would be delighted. All trust in the process will be gone.

If the Military is forced to act, based on the evidence, and those on the left refuse to accept the evidence, the left will begin to realize how little their feelings matter. I pray they begin to realize what the Constitution means though. In the end, if they do, then they will admit their error and thank the Military for preserving this Nation while they watch all their leadership be removed from power. A leadership that is "failing" ALL Americans and also, all the world ie Afghanistan.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 03:09:53 PM by Slug1 »
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2021, 03:57:05 PM »
It's the opposite actually. If the election was faulty, meaning that the person who won, lost and the person who lost, won... to allow this to happen = this is a banana republic. The Military will not allow such error to continue, IF proven. They will step in, remove the loser and either do 1 or 2 from my earlier post.
Where in the Constitution does it give the army the authority to remove a president? Voting is a state issue not a federal issue. Once the Secretary of State for a given state certifies the election results, it's in the books. It's done. In Bush Vs Gore in 2000, once the Florida Secretary of State certified the election numbers, nothing Gore could do would have changed anything. That's the way the law is.

Aside from impeachment or the invoking 25th Amendment, I don't think there's any other way to remove the president.

If the Military is forced to act, based on the evidence,
Again on what legal authority?

and those on the left refuse to accept the evidence, the left will begin to realize how little their feelings matter.
I don't think feelings are important here. Laws are.

In the end, if they do, then they will admit their error and thank the Military for preserving this Nation while they watch all their leadership be removed from power.
I'm a man of the right, not the left, and I would be horrified if the military deposed the president.

A leadership that is "failing" ALL Americans and also, all the world ie Afghanistan.
That's true, but it has nothing to do with deposing presidents.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2021, 04:17:17 PM »
I voted for Trump in 2020. And I would have crawled over broken glass to do so. Furthermore, Joe Biden has exceeded my expectations as to what kind of disaster his presidency has become. High inflation. Gasoline prices doubled. Border wide open. Businesses shut. Government spending out of control. Afghanistan collapsing. Criminals emboldened and police unwilling to arrest anyone. Basically everything he has touched has turned to garbage. But he was duly sworn in and is the president. For better or worse (and it's going to get worse yet). 2020 is over. It's time to look forward to 2022 and 2024.

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2021, 07:36:45 PM »
Where in the Constitution does it give the army the authority to remove a president?

No where.

Voting is a state issue not a federal issue.
Do you believe "all" states followed their established voting laws as established through State Legislation? Or did several states "change" state voting laws in opposition of the laws established through State Legislation?
There is a time limit if a state wants to change a voting law and several states disregarded that timeline.

Once the Secretary of State for a given state certifies the election results, it's in the books.
Is the certification legit if the established state voting laws were changed without State Legislation vote in the proper timeline to have a law established prior to election day?

It's done. In Bush Vs Gore in 2000, once the Florida Secretary of State certified the election numbers, nothing Gore could do would have changed anything. That's the way the law is
Big Hooah if all the votes were legit and the voting laws were followed in accordance of laws established by State Legislation.

Aside from impeachment or the invoking 25th Amendment, I don't think there's any other way to remove the president.
There isn't.

Again on what legal authority?
The Constitution :-)

I can toss in the Law of War Manual June 2015 with a Dec 2016 update... chapter 11.

Let me drop this in... why do you think Antifa was designated a terrorist force? And what about those who lead them and give them their mission(s) on American soil? Is this leadership considered the enemy of America?

I don't think feelings are important here. Laws are.

Can't agree. President Trump hurt the feelings of many on the left and those in power of states "changed" their voting laws  WITHOUT State Legislation, to appease their feelings.

I'm a man of the right, not the left, and I would be horrified if the military deposed the president.
The Military would never dispose an "elected" President.

That's true, but it has nothing to do with deposing presidents.
Has everything to do with a person who was not elected but occupies the office of the President.

--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2021, 07:38:56 PM »
I voted for Trump in 2020. And I would have crawled over broken glass to do so. Furthermore, Joe Biden has exceeded my expectations as to what kind of disaster his presidency has become. High inflation. Gasoline prices doubled. Border wide open. Businesses shut. Government spending out of control. Afghanistan collapsing. Criminals emboldened and police unwilling to arrest anyone. Basically everything he has touched has turned to garbage. But he was duly sworn in and is the president. For better or worse (and it's going to get worse yet). 2020 is over. It's time to look forward to 2022 and 2024.

Do all these examples of fruit that VP Biden bears... do they reveal a person who is leading as a "President?" Where are the millions who voted for him crying out praise of the work the man they voted for, has done? Have you seen photos of the crowds attending his public speeches... photos from proper angles?

No fruit he bears leads one to see him as an "elected" President.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 07:48:21 PM by Slug1 »
--Slug1-out

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2021, 08:26:30 PM »
Senior general staff are all,in the tank with progressives.  No military coup.

Midterms 2022 will demonstrate.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2021, 09:41:11 PM »
Senior general staff are all,in the tank with progressives. 

While most that you're referring to can be named, are "all" senior staff siding with the woke progressives?

Nope.

Also, are any of the named senior staff part of the latest Military force that has been stood up ? :-)

No military coup.
Defending the Constitution is not about any coup... except in removing a coup attempt.
It will be a blessing if we can get to this time without defense of the Constitution and partake in an election that is paper only, face ID checked of only registered voters.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 10:29:40 PM by Slug1 »
--Slug1-out

Redeemed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2021, 10:11:52 PM »
The results of the 2020 election were certified and Trump's own election "experts," the attorney general and many of the judges that Trump himself appointed have stated that there wasn't massive voter fraud and the election wasn't "stolen."

Give it up man. That ship has sailed.

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2021, 10:27:46 PM »
The results of the 2020 election were certified and Trump's own election "experts," the attorney general and many of the judges that Trump himself appointed have stated that there wasn't massive voter fraud and the election wasn't "stolen."

Give it up man. That ship has sailed.

When the results of the Audits are made public, we will all return to our posts and see how correct or wrong we are :-)
--Slug1-out

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2021, 08:03:52 AM »
Senior general staff are all,in the tank with progressives. 

While most that you're referring to can be named, are "all" senior staff siding with the woke progressives?

Nope.

Also, are any of the named senior staff part of the latest Military force that has been stood up ? :-)

No military coup.
Defending the Constitution is not about any coup... except in removing a coup attempt.
It will be a blessing if we can get to this time without defense of the Constitution and partake in an election that is paper only, face ID checked of only registered voters.

By brother is at War College right now.  Believe me, all the general officers that want to stay in service are a part of the work cabal.  O-6’s that want to get enough time in to retire on O-6 retirement pay walk an extremely narrow path.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2021, 04:18:05 PM »
Biden last month on Afghanistan: "the likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely."

The only question now is whether they overrun the whole country before 9/11, or after.

We've been reduced to begging them not to attack our embassy in Kabul.

This is a national disgrace.

That whole briefing was a disgrace:

THE PRESIDENT:  When I was in Afghanistan — I’ve been there a number of times — I remember being in a school outside and — and, by the way, the schools in Afghanistan are not fundamentally unlike schools in the West Coast, where they have, you know, a — an area in the middle that is sort of like — it looks like a playground and single-story buildings connected around it.

And I remember saying to — speaking to a group of young women — I guess they were roughly — don’t hold me to this — they look like they’d be 14, 15 years old.  And they’re in school, and there’s a tiered classroom with single light bulbs hanging from the ceiling, as I know you know.

And I said, “You know, the United States came here to make sure that we got this terrorist, Osama bin Laden, and that terrorists didn’t amass again to — to go after our country.  And then we’re going to have to leave.”  And a young woman said, “You can’t leave.  You can’t leave.”  It was — it was heartbreaking.  “You can’t leave,” she said.  “I want to be a doctor.  I want to be a doctor.  I want to be a doctor.  If you leave, I’ll never be able to be a doctor.”  Well, that’s why we spent so much time and money training the Afghan Security Forces to do the work of defending that.  If every work —

ThAt'S wHy We SpEnT sO mUcH tImE aNd MoNeY.

So what, Iran is just better at backing the Taliban than the US is at backing Afghan Security Forces? Do you mean that if you pull out of a proxy war the other side is going to start winning?! So what's worse, Trump the misogynist or Biden, who handed over the women of an entire country to a brutalist, regressive, misogynist regime? Better bust out those pink hats!

And lololololol at the election conspiracy.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2021, 09:38:23 PM »
No where.
So you want the US army to use it's power on American soil in a manner not authorized by the Constitution?

Do you believe "all" states followed their established voting laws as established through State Legislation? Or did several states "change" state voting laws in opposition of the laws established through State Legislation?
There is a time limit if a state wants to change a voting law and several states disregarded that timeline.
That may very well be true. But their Secretarys of State certified their election results. It's over. There's no such thing as undoing an election.

Is the certification legit if the established state voting laws were changed without State Legislation vote in the proper timeline to have a law established prior to election day?
That's a state issue not a federal issue. There isn't even a federal right to vote.

Big Hooah if all the votes were legit and the voting laws were followed in accordance of laws established by State Legislation.
And if they didn't? What is your solution?

There isn't.
Soo...what are we talking about here?

Let me drop this in... why do you think Antifa was designated a terrorist force? And what about those who lead them and give them their mission(s) on American soil? Is this leadership considered the enemy of America?
Antifa is a law enforcement issue, not a US army issue.

Can't agree. President Trump hurt the feelings of many on the left and those in power of states "changed" their voting laws  WITHOUT State Legislation, to appease their feelings.
And that's a state issue. Not a federal or US army issue.

The Military would never dispose an "elected" President.
Biden was indeed elected by the electoral college.

Has everything to do with a person who was not elected but occupies the office of the President.
So what's your scenario? Don't be coy, spell it out. What's going to happen?

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2021, 09:43:14 PM »
So what, Iran is just better at backing the Taliban than the US is at backing Afghan Security Forces?
The Taliban have said in the past that "America has the clocks but we have the time". And they proved that to be correct. They played the long game and waited until we had a president stupid enough to pull out and hand them a victory.

This is a shameful display of American weakness and our enemies are taking note. We can expect more attacks in the future.

But no more mean tweets amirite?

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2021, 09:45:03 PM »
Taliban commander to CNN: "It's our belief that one day mujahideen will have victory, and Islamic law will come not to just Afghanistan, but all over the world. We are not in a hurry. We believe it will come one day. Jihad will not end until the last day."

Recent Topics

Church Abuse/ Rebuke by Kfawn
October 03, 2024, 10:47:03 AM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Oscar_Kipling
October 02, 2024, 03:45:12 PM

Has anyone heard from Parson lately? by Athanasius
October 01, 2024, 04:26:50 AM

Thankful by Sojourner
September 28, 2024, 06:46:33 PM

I Knew Him-Joseph by Cloudwalker
September 28, 2024, 01:57:39 PM

Riddle by RabbiKnife