Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Biden’s Afghanistan Blunder  (Read 7056 times)

RandyPNW

• View Profile
Re: Biden’s Afghanistan Blunder
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2021, 02:00:00 PM »
In this case you may be taking the moral high road. But in terms of theology it is much more complicated. God reserves the right to use military coup, if He so desires. In the U.S., we've made a covenant to live by the laws we made for ourselves. Presently, a major political party, ie the Democrats, have determined to skirt the laws in any way they can do so and still mislead the American people. They control the left-leaning media.

In this situation, I don't know what God expects of us? Technically, an abusive govt. should be overthrown--I just don't think it's come to that point, yet. Taking radical action requires some pretty hefty evidence of fraud, and misuse of our Constitution. We're getting pretty close to that sometimes. I agree with Mark Levin, that American Marxism is rearing its ugly head!

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2021, 02:31:09 PM »
The theology isn't complicated, and God would probably prefer it if the American people stopped using him as an excuse at every opportunity. (Sure God could 'use' a military coup, but who wants to be the first to say, 'God is saying...'? Not me.)

If you want to imbue the US military with moral imperative then go for it. There's no reason to soil God any further in the name of American politics.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

greenonions

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2021, 01:47:48 AM »
God can use disputed elections to choose a leader too.

The Afghans had 20 years to taste an alternative to the Taliban, and it seems like the Afghan government didn't feel it was worth fighting for. The Afghan army was plagued by corruption and lack of support too.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2021, 03:41:44 AM »
The Afghans had 20 years to taste an alternative to the Taliban, and it seems like the Afghan government didn't feel it was worth fighting for. The Afghan army was plagued by corruption and lack of support too.

How many of those Afghans were Taliban who cosied up to the US for training and armaments? I imagine the US just spent the last 20 years arming and training mostly Taliban fighters.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2021, 08:15:18 AM »
The point of my posts, should the Audit's prove that VP Biden was not elected, it is NOT a coup when the Military upholds the Constitution against domestic enemies.

Edit: A thought, should the Audit's prove that VP Biden was not elected, the government will be "incapacitated." The Military will step in, when our government is incapable of true leadership.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 08:11:09 PM by Slug1 »
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2021, 10:28:27 PM »
More than 50,000 Afghan soldiers have been killed  since 2015 while battling the Taliban.

I'd say it's much more likely that they felt betrayed by their so called ally (that's us, folks!) and lost the will to fight.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2021, 06:13:46 AM »
More than 50,000 Afghan soldiers have been killed  since 2015 while battling the Taliban.

I'd say it's much more likely that they felt betrayed by their so called ally (that's us, folks!) and lost the will to fight.

The Vice documentary on the Afghan army shows the systemic issues with the Afghan army, especially the drug use. It's no mystery. Combine that with the Taliban commander generator known as Guantanamo and heyyyyyy...

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2021, 06:48:37 AM »
The point of my posts, should the Audit's prove that VP Biden was not elected, it is NOT a coup when the Military upholds the Constitution against domestic enemies.

Edit: A thought, should the Audit's prove that VP Biden was not elected, the government will be "incapacitated." The Military will step in, when our government is incapable of true leadership.

An "audit" is not contemplated in the Constitution as a methodology for removing a sitting President and Vice President.  Sorry, just not there.   The election officials of the individual states decided, whether correctly or not, to appoint electors, who then lawfully voted in the Electoral COllege for the election of the President and Vice President.  They are duly elected.

I don't like it.  I think the entire administration is like the clown show at the circus, but the mechanisms in place at the state level appointed the electors, and no "audit" is going to change that.  It's called federalism, and it isn't an inconvenient truth when the states are filled with corruption and error permitted by a fat, lazy, corrupt citizenry.

The fight is at the local and state level, not the federal level.

The government is already incapacitated.  We have new house and senate elections in only 15 months.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2021, 09:58:20 AM »
The Vice documentary on the Afghan army shows the systemic issues with the Afghan army, especially the drug use.
They're brave enough and willing to die for their country. It's hard to carry on when your so called allies abandon you though.
Combine that with the Taliban commander generator known as Guantanamo and heyyyyyy...
Uhhh the individuals in Guantanamo  are there because they were already Taliban/Al Qaida commanders.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2021, 10:48:37 AM »
An "audit" is not contemplated in the Constitution as a methodology for removing a sitting President and Vice President.  Sorry, just not there.   
See, lawyers aren't all bad.  :o

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2021, 10:59:07 AM »
An "audit" is not contemplated in the Constitution as a methodology for removing a sitting President and Vice President.  Sorry, just not there.   
See, lawyers aren't all bad.  :o

Just MOSTLY bad....

:P
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2021, 08:22:54 PM »
The videos from Afghanistan are heart wrenching. People crying and begging to be saved from the Taliban. That Biden doesn't feel bad about what he did shows that not only is he incompetent, but he's a bad person.

Redeemed

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2021, 09:20:18 PM »
We've had around 40 years to get to know Joe. I'm surprised that anyone is surprised when he screws something else up.

Edit to say: I'm not making light of the situation. It's horrific in more ways than one and will hurt our country and others for years to come.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 09:22:10 PM by Redeemed »

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2021, 05:38:11 PM »
The videos from Afghanistan are heart wrenching. People crying and begging to be saved from the Taliban. That Biden doesn't feel bad about what he did shows that not only is he incompetent, but he's a bad person.

Well come on, as he explained:

"That was four days ago, five days ago!"

You can't expect the man to remember as far back as four or five days ago -- or even two.

nzr

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2021, 09:15:28 AM »
The election was not fraudulent. Biden simply got more votes. Most Americans don't like Trump. This was the most scrutinized election in American history. Also Trump is the one who negotiated the deal with the Taliban. Biden inherited this mess. And he is trying to save as many people as possible. I'm in favor of letting every American vote. And it should be easy. If we can't vote. Or if our votes don't get counted. Then we will no longer be free. Because we are only free as long as we can vote and our votes get counted.

Recent Topics

Church Abuse/ Rebuke by Kfawn
October 03, 2024, 10:47:03 AM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Oscar_Kipling
October 02, 2024, 03:45:12 PM

Has anyone heard from Parson lately? by Athanasius
October 01, 2024, 04:26:50 AM

Thankful by Sojourner
September 28, 2024, 06:46:33 PM

I Knew Him-Joseph by Cloudwalker
September 28, 2024, 01:57:39 PM

Riddle by RabbiKnife