Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Falsehoods Of Christian Nationalism?  (Read 11145 times)

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
Re: Falsehoods Of Christian Nationalism?
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2023, 12:43:53 PM »
When the word "hate" was added to a crime  we saw a movement away  from our
constitutional republic. The word hate is very subjective. What crimes are committed because the perpetrator loves the victim? 
The left/liberal/democrat are eroding the Constitution like a cancer. Politics should not be a carer, but a service.

interesting hill to plant your flag on, I beg you, please say more on this topic.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2023, 02:03:06 PM »
In the early years of the American republic, members of Congress met occasionally to resolve legislative matters, and once complete, went back to their farms. Today, people make a career of political office, typically using their position to benefit themselves. From pork barrel politics and influence peddling to insider trading and shady dealings with lobbyists. Many entrenched career politicians--particularly Senators, grow into feared, fat cat power brokers. Many are elected by those with deep pockets whose campaign contributions are viewed as an investment.

By and large, politics can be a very dirty business, and it's sad that so many career politicians make us expect scandal and corruption in elected public servants instead of being disappointed by it. I believe the very few honorable, idealistic candidates that still exist find after election that they are in a river with a strong current, and must either go along with the flow--and turn a blind eye to impropriety--or else make their way to the shore and get out. One day this planet will be ruled by a righteous, incorruptible King whose reign will be one of global peace and justice. Until then, we must accept the status quo and do what we can with our ballots.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 02:11:05 PM by Sojourner »
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2023, 02:37:14 PM »
constitutional republic. The word hate is very subjective. What crimes are committed because the perpetrator loves the victim? 
I think if the perpetrator's intent can be proved to be motivated by hatred of some group that the victim belongs to, it could be considered an aggravating factor in sentencing. I don't think it's unConstitutional. Certainly none of the laws that reference it have been challenged on Constitutional grounds.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2023, 02:38:59 PM »
I asking because I think that when Trump is reelected he will try to change that law, like Putin and Xi did with the intent to run for a third, forth term.
I don't think Trump can win. Even if he does, he can't change the Constitution to allow him to run for a third term. He'd need 2/3 of Congress and 75% of the states to back him, which isn't happening in this universe.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2023, 02:39:52 PM »
One day this planet will be ruled by a righteous, incorruptible King whose reign will be one of global peace and justice. Until then, we must accept the status quo and do what we can with our ballots.
Can't argue with that.

Rebecca

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2023, 04:24:22 PM »
I think if the perpetrator's intent can be proved to be motivated by hatred of some group that the victim belongs to, it could be considered an aggravating factor in sentencing. I don't think it's unConstitutional. Certainly none of the laws that reference it have been challenged on Constitutional grounds.
I see it as the beginning of the slide so to speak ... I am sure folks older then me have seen it sooner.  In a way considering something a 'hate crime' comes against the 1 amendment .  Seems labeling  one a hater ones own words are used against them as evidence.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2023, 06:59:35 PM »
I just wonder how long it'll be before pastors are charged with hate speech for calling homosexuality a sin.
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Rebecca

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2023, 07:30:53 PM »
I just wonder how long it'll be before pastors are charged with hate speech for calling homosexuality a sin.
Ask Canada

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2023, 08:40:34 PM »
Ask Canada

Yeah, I know how things are there. But we are approaching the point where it can conceivably happen here.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2023, 10:01:18 PM »
I see it as the beginning of the slide so to speak
Why? We take intent into consideration when charging crimes. A premediated murder is a higher crime than a spur of the moment killing, let alone an accidental one. Why can't we take motive into consideration for reasons like hate against a particular group?

In a way considering something a 'hate crime' comes against the 1 amendment .  Seems labeling  one a hater ones own words are used against them as evidence.
The First Amendment protects speech, not crime. The speech itself is not criminal. But if the speech proves intent for a crime, why shouldn't it be used against the criminal?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 10:07:03 PM by Fenris »

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2023, 10:01:48 PM »
Protected by the Bill of Rights.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2023, 10:02:06 PM »
Ask Canada
Canada has no Bill of Rights.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2023, 10:03:21 PM »
Yeah, I know how things are there. But we are approaching the point where it can conceivably happen here.
Hire a good Constitutional lawyer. Mark Levin would do it pro bono I bet.

Redeemed

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2023, 05:54:18 AM »
If it an be proven that someone attacked a Christian, Jew, Muslim, black person, white person etc strictly because they are one of these things then that is reason enough for harsher penalties.

Remember Auschwitz? How about The Elaine massacre? Look outside of America and down the long history of mans atrocities committed simply over racial, cultural and religious differences and it's easy to see why we need hate crime laws. 

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2023, 06:28:17 AM »
As long as I get to identify the group I want to protect and the group I want to punish, them I'm all for assuming that a crime victim's identified group and the alleged perpetrator's intent makes the crime victim more dead, more raped, more battered, or more tortured.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Recent Topics

Thankful by Sojourner
Today at 06:46:33 PM

I Knew Him-Joseph by Cloudwalker
Today at 01:57:39 PM

Church Abuse/ Rebuke by tango
Today at 09:34:39 AM

Riddle by RabbiKnife
Today at 08:04:58 AM

just wanted to say by ProDeo
Today at 04:53:45 AM

Has anyone heard from Parson lately? by Cloudwalker