Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: The two princes of Dan 9 both godly  (Read 3135 times)

ross3421

• View Profile
Re: The two princes of Dan 9 both godly
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 09:43:23 PM »
Why would anyone think that Jerusalem, of all places, deserves to be destroyed at ends times anyway?

Awake, awake, stand up, O Jerusalem, which hast drunk at the hand of the Lord the cup of his fury; thou hast drunken the dregs of the cup of trembling, and wrung them out.

babylon is jerusalem

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

lam 1

1 How doth the city sit solitary, that was full of people! how is she become as a widow! she that was great among the nations, and princess among the provinces, how is she become tributary!

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2022, 09:46:21 AM »
Because for this person, the love of Israel is confused for a kind of sick fetishism.
That's definitely one way to put it.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: The two princes of Dan 9
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2022, 09:51:53 AM »
it relate to jerusalem for all time including the future
It's a past event. Why would it relate to the future, other than because you want it to? I mean, using this method anything in the bible may be applied to a future event. Or a past one, for that matter. "Time has no meaning". I'm reminded of this-

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2022, 09:59:06 AM »
Why would anyone think that Jerusalem, of all places, deserves to be destroyed at ends times anyway?

because jerusalem again plays the harlot.  she commits fornication. jerusalem is called a whore

I have seen thine adulteries, and thy neighings, the lewdness of thy whoredom, and thine abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe unto thee, O Jerusalem! wilt thou not be made clean? when shall it once be?

But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.
This is from Jeremiah 13. Again, this is a past event. It was a message for that generation, warning of punishment and exile (which did in fact take place). It's not for Jerusalem in the distant future.

If you can apply a verse to any timeframe, why not Jeremiah 2?

This is what the Lord says:

“‘I remember the devotion of your youth,
    how as a bride you loved me
and followed me through the wilderness,
    through a land not sown.
 Israel was holy to the Lord,
    the firstfruits of his harvest;
all who devoured her were held guilty,
    and disaster overtook them,’”
declares the Lord.

Why doesn't this apply today, also? I mean, aside from you not wanting it to?

because jerusalem again plays the harlot
How about other non-Christian cities? Are they also a harlot, or does that only apply to Jews? Mecca, Tibet, Varanasi, and on and on. Why this obsession with Jews?

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 10:03:12 AM »

Awake, awake, stand up, O Jerusalem, which hast drunk at the hand of the Lord the cup of his fury; thou hast drunken the dregs of the cup of trembling, and wrung them out.

babylon is jerusalem

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

LOL, "babylon is jerusalem". Words don't mean anything anymore, a prophecy about a clearly delineated city might actually mean another city just because you say so.

lam 1

1 How doth the city sit solitary, that was full of people! how is she become as a widow! she that was great among the nations, and princess among the provinces, how is she become tributary!
And here we go again. This is from Lamentations, which is a past event.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 10:48:23 AM »
Some prophecies that mention Jerusalem by name.

Is 40 Comfort, oh comfort My people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and declare to her that her term of service is over, that her iniquity is expiated

Is 51 The Lord will surely comfort Zion (another name for Jerusalem) and will look with compassion on all her ruins

and

Awake, awake! Rise up, Jerusalem, you who have drunk from the hand of the Lord the cup of his wrath...snip... Therefore hear this, you afflicted one, made drunk, but not with wine. This is  what your Sovereign Lord says,     your God, who defends his people: "See, I have taken out of your hand the cup that made you stagger; from that cup, the goblet of my wrath, you will never drink again. I will put it into the hands of your tormentors...

IS 52 Awake, awake, Zion, clothe yourself with strength! Put on your garments of splendor, Jerusalem, the holy city.
The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again. Shake off your dust; rise up, sit enthroned, Jerusalem. Free yourself from the chains on your neck, Daughter Zion, now a captive.

and

Burst into songs of joy together, you ruins of Jerusalem, for the Lord has comforted his people, he has redeemed Jerusalem.

Is 61 The children of your oppressors will come bowing before you;  all who despise you will bow down at your feet
and will call you the City of the Lord, Zion of the Holy One of Israel. Although you have been forsaken and hated,
    with no one traveling through, I will make you the everlasting pride and the joy of all generations.

IS 62 (the whole chapter!)

For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent,
    for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet,
till her vindication shines out like the dawn,
    her salvation like a blazing torch.
 The nations will see your vindication,
    and all kings your glory;
you will be called by a new name
    that the mouth of the Lord will bestow.
 You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord’s hand,
    a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
 No longer will they call you Deserted,
    or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah,
    and your land Beulah;
for the Lord will take delight in you,
    and your land will be married.
 As a young man marries a young woman,
    so will your Builder marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride,
    so will your God rejoice over you.

I have posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem;
    they will never be silent day or night.
You who call on the Lord,
    give yourselves no rest,
 and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem
    and makes her the praise of the earth.

The Lord has sworn by his right hand
    and by his mighty arm:
“Never again will I give your grain
    as food for your enemies,
and never again will foreigners drink the new wine
    for which you have toiled;
 but those who harvest it will eat it
    and praise the Lord,
and those who gather the grapes will drink it
    in the courts of my sanctuary.”

Pass through, pass through the gates!
    Prepare the way for the people.
Build up, build up the highway!
    Remove the stones.
Raise a banner for the nations.

The Lord has made proclamation
    to the ends of the earth:
“Say to Daughter Zion,
    ‘See, your Savior comes!
See, his reward is with him,
    and his recompense accompanies him.’”
 They will be called the Holy People,
    the Redeemed of the Lord;
and you will be called Sought After,
    the City No Longer Deserted.

I'm curious why these explicit prophecies on the eventual fate of Jerusalem isn't on your radar, ross 3421.

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2022, 02:11:33 PM »
This always confused however when understanding the city is destroyed prior to the 2nd coming it becomes clear. 

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come (David) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

I was reading some posts on this thread and it seems that the more the prophecy in Daniel 9:v.25-26 is commented on, the more confusing it becomes, which makes it very difficult to have a real interpretation and conclusion of what God intended to reveal to his people through this prophecy.

I won't say I'm the only one who correctly interprets this prophecy, but one thing I do, I try to interpret God's Word by God's Word. The Word is God.

Daniel 9:v.25 - Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

My first point of view starts with the verse 25 above quoted, and I analyze it by parts: 

First point:
The first point of the verse is: Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem...

What does the Word of GOD tell us on who gave the commandment to rebuild Jerusalem, and when?
The answer is in Ezra 6:v.3 KJV: 3 - In the FIRST year of Cyrus the king (it was in 559 B.C) the same Cyrus the king made a decree concerning the house of God at Jerusalem, Let the house be builded, the place where they offered sacrifices, and let the foundations thereof be strongly laid; the height thereof threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof threescore cubits;

Second point:
The second point is the rebuild lasted 21 years. According the Word of GOD when was the rebuild ended? The answer is in Ezra 6:v.15KJV:
The rebuild lasted 21 years. According the Word of GOD when was the rebuild ended? The answer is in Ezra 6:v.15KJV:
15 And this house was finished on the third day of the month Adar, which was in the sixth year of the reign of Darius the king. Part was built in the time of Cyrus, and part in the time of Darius.

Third point:
The third point is when was the sixth year of Darius's reign?
Darius reigned from year 522-486 B.C, so the First year of Darius was 522 B.C., and his sixth year - 516 B.C. Temple reconstruction ended in 516 B.C. - Ezra 6:v.15KJV.   

NOTE: The captivity of Israel lasted 70 years.

In the year 587 B.C. - Judah is conquered by Babylon -Jerusalem and First Temple destroyed; most Jews are exiled. Later, Babylon was conquered by Cyrus-550-539 B.C., and Cambises 530-522 B.C. , and Darius-522-486 B.C. Captivity of Israel-70 years--> 587-517B.C.

END of the rebuilding of the Temple was in 516 B.C. according to Scripture quoted above.- Ezra 6:v.15
DETAIL: The end of the captivity of Judah coincides with the end of the rebuilding of the Temple.

Fourth point: - from commandment to rebuild Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince

The fourth point is: Know and understand that from the commandment to rebuild Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks [of years] , and threescore and two weeks [of years], with open spaces and moats; these will be troubled times.  By the way, the kingdom of Medo-Persian would be conquered by Greek, and this would be conquered by Roman Empire.

Since the order for the rebuilding of the Temple there has been a struggle against Satan and his hosts that always tried to prevent the progress and development of the rebuilding of the Temple and Jerusalem. But the Temple was finished and the Captivity too. The time to the coming of the Messiah started: It was the year 516 B.C.

[b]Fifth point:[/b]
Seventy weeks were determined to the coming of the Messiah

Daaniel 9:v.24 - Seventy weeks were determined upon Daniel's people and upon the holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

The seventy weeks were determined in three parts: seven weeks[of years] , and threescore and two weeks [of years], plus one week [of years].

7 weeks = 49 years ......... ---> 516 B.C. - 49 = 467 B.C.
62 weeks = 434 years ..... ---> 467 B.C.-434=  33 B.C.
There is a gap of 30 years from year 33 B.C. to the birth of JESUS-->33 BC-30= -3 B.C. - a recognized date for the birth of JESUS.

Based in the description above, the Messiah was was cut off (crucified) around year 30AD.

We are in the year 2022 AD, the week 70th of Daniel 9:v.27 that will be RULED BY THE EVIL PRINCE - EZEKIEL 21:v. 25 and 2 Thessalonians 2- it does not fulfilled yet, i.e. until now, until the current time, but it will in NEAR FUTURE, much probably in this current decade - 2020-2030.

Get ready.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2022, 06:58:20 PM »
If others interpret the 70 Weeks prophecy different than you do, then the confusion is with you, and not with those who have a different view than you. One cannot hold to 2 different views at the same time--this would indeed be confusing.

Some say Cyrus' decree is the decree mentioned in the prophecy. But his decree determined both the building of the temple and the building of the city. Right after Cyrus' decree the temple was built, but not the city.

Several kings after Cyrus continued to fulfill the decree of Cyrus to rebuild both the temple and the city. The only king who fulfilled the building of the city was Artaxerxes, who determined to complete the temple project by reforming its practice.

And then some 20 years into his reign the rebuilding of the city actually began in earnest. The decree was actually given in the 7th year of his reign, in 457 BC.

Although I do think it's insightful to suggest the 70 year Captivity began in 587 BC and ended with the completion of the temple in 517 BC, I think this is separate from the 70 Weeks prophecy. The 70 Weeks began, I believe, with the decree of Artaxerxes in 457 BC, and ends with the 70th Week prophecy, which encompasses the earthly ministry of Christ.

The 70th Week is, I believe, only a half-Week, but remains the "70th Week." Offerings are cut off in the "midst" of the Week, which indicates to me that Christ terminated any need for animal sacrifice with his death in the midst of this 70th Week.

But the focus of the prophecy is on the termination of the 70 Weeks with the death of Christ, with the end of the Law, and with the fall of Jerusalem taking place afterwards. The fact that Christ's death somehow relates to this termination of the Law is not spelled out, but remains for us to understand by NT revelation, I think.

In sum, the prophecy is a warning that despite the rebuilding of the temple and Jerusalem by decree of Artaxerxes, both city and temple would later fail once again, along with the loss of Messiah. This is not incomprehensible as a view, whether it is right or wrong.

And this position is also dignified by having been held to by some of the Church Fathers--perhaps the majority of them? I do not believe the Holy Spirit would fail to give the proper interpretation to all Christians in history until you and I figure it out logically? ;)

I'm not trying to jam this down your throat--just defend against the idea that other positions are "incomprehensible." I trust you understand that other positions are perfectly reasonable by their own standards?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 10:59:32 PM by RandyPNW »

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2022, 08:45:18 PM »
Daniel 9:.26-27-CJB- WHAT PREVAILS IS THE WORD OF GOD. The Word is GOD.

V.26 - Then, AFTER (yeah AFTER) after the sixty-two weeks, MASHIACH will be cut off and have nothing.The people of A PRINCE (YEAH A PRINCE) yet to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary, but his end will come with a flood, and desolations are decreed until the war is over. (This has nothing to do with the destruction of Israel in the year 70AD, AS FOLLOWS WITH SOME QUESTIONS:

V.27 He (he WHOM? the PRINCE; who is he?) he will make a STRONG COVENANT with LEADERS for ONE week [of years]. (THE WEEK 70th)

Do you see? This SATANIC PRINCE will RULE the last week, the week 70th, BY ENTIRE, yeah, BY SEVEN YEARS. And he will make a STRONG COVENANT with LEADERS for ONE week[of years]. (This prince was/is not a contemporary of JESUS, absolutely)

What kind of STRONG COVENANT the satanic PRINCE will make with leaders? Who are THESE LEADERS? By the way, the week 70th Daniel 9:v.27 will be DIVIDED IN TWO PERIODS of 3,5 years BY THE EVIL PRINCE.

In this POINT, that is, AFTER the END of the week 62, the prophecy is still to the beginning of the week 70th, and A PRINCE WILL START TO WORK in his STRONG COVENANT with leaders;
Therefore, in this point the FIRST HALF of the week 70th isn't started yet, it is I would say IN STAND BY until this current time, and the STRONG COVENANT of the satanic PRINCE with the LEADERS will take place or will be applied for ONE WEEK OF YEARS, I believe it will occur in this current decade -2020 to 2030, there is a period of time AND TWO EVENTS called as FIRST AND SECOND HALFS of the last week - the week 70th Daniel 9:v.27- that WILL be RULED by the EVIL PRINCE. But WHAT WILL HAPPEN in the FIRST HALF of the week 70th?  In the FIRST HALF OF THE LAST WEEK will fulfill LITERALLY Revelation 11:v.2 and Revelation 13:v.5, among others, under the RULE of the evil PRINCE.

... He -the EVIL PRINCE- shall confirm the COVENANT WITH MANY FOR ONE WEEK: and IN THE MIDST OF THE WEEK he-THE EVIL PRINCE-shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Scripture does not say JESUS was crucified IN 29 AD, many people are saying that, not Scripture. What Scripture says is that AFTER, yeah, AFTER the week 62 plus 7 the Messiah is"cut off" - crucified .

JESUS was not crucified neither in the week 69, because the week 69 ended BEFORE JESUS BIRTH, so JESUS was not crucified in the week 69th but AFTER the END of week 69, but also was not crucified in the midst of the week 70th, this week 70th is/will be RULED by the EVIL PRINCE by the entire, by seven years. The evil Prince was not a contemporary of JESUS, absolutely. THE evil Prince will manifest himself in this CURRENT decade, that is between 2020 to 2030, and the period of 7 years is within this current decade.

Be careful and get ready, for the CHASTISEMENTS against the world of Devil is already running, and the PUNISHMENTS already started and will NEVER END, IT IS FOR EVER AND EVER. YES, FOR EVER AND EVER

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2022, 11:15:57 PM »

V.26 - Then, AFTER (yeah AFTER) after the sixty-two weeks, MASHIACH will be cut off and have nothing.The people of A PRINCE (YEAH A PRINCE) yet to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary, but his end will come with a flood, and desolations are decreed until the war is over. (This has nothing to do with the destruction of Israel in the year 70AD, AS FOLLOWS WITH SOME QUESTIONS:

Now this is "incomprehensible" to me! There is nothing more logical that considering the possibility that the "destruction of the city and the sanctuary" could have something to do with the events of 70 AD, at which time the city and the sanctuary were in fact destroyed! Even if this position is wrong, how can you say that such a consideration is unreasonable? I actually think there is no other liklihood.

V.27 He (he WHOM? the PRINCE; who is he?) he will make a STRONG COVENANT with LEADERS for ONE week [of years]. (THE WEEK 70th)

Do you see? This SATANIC PRINCE will RULE the last week, the week 70th, BY ENTIRE, yeah, BY SEVEN YEARS. And he will make a STRONG COVENANT with LEADERS for ONE week[of years]. (This prince was/is not a contemporary of JESUS, absolutely)

What kind of STRONG COVENANT the satanic PRINCE will make with leaders? Who are THESE LEADERS? By the way, the week 70th Daniel 9:v.27 will be DIVIDED IN TWO PERIODS of 3,5 years BY THE EVIL PRINCE.

In this POINT, that is, AFTER the END of the week 62, the prophecy is still to the beginning of the week 70th, and A PRINCE WILL START TO WORK in his STRONG COVENANT with leaders;
Therefore, in this point the FIRST HALF of the week 70th isn't started yet, it is I would say IN STAND BY until this current time, and the STRONG COVENANT of the satanic PRINCE with the LEADERS will take place or will be applied for ONE WEEK OF YEARS, I believe it will occur in this current decade -2020 to 2030, there is a period of time AND TWO EVENTS called as FIRST AND SECOND HALFS of the last week - the week 70th Daniel 9:v.27- that WILL be RULED by the EVIL PRINCE. But WHAT WILL HAPPEN in the FIRST HALF of the week 70th?  In the FIRST HALF OF THE LAST WEEK will fulfill LITERALLY Revelation 11:v.2 and Revelation 13:v.5, among others, under the RULE of the evil PRINCE.

The assumption you're making, which clearly is far beyond the actual time period mentioned, is that this is something yet to take place in the future. But 70 Weeks of years, whether from Cyrus or from Artaxerxes, lands us far back in the distant past, and can have nothing to do with a future fulfillment. That is why I personally abandoned this "Gap Theory," separating the 70th Week from the previous 69 Weeks.

The Prince who makes a covenant more likely relates back to the "People of the Prince to Come," speaking of the Roman leader who commands the Army that destroyed Jerusalem and the temple in 70 AD. His covenant may be not so much an actual treaty, but rather, a confirmation of God's covenant to provide sacrificial atonement for the Jewish People.

... He -the EVIL PRINCE- shall confirm the COVENANT WITH MANY FOR ONE WEEK: and IN THE MIDST OF THE WEEK he-THE EVIL PRINCE-shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The Roman Prince confirmed Christ's covenant of atonement for sin by having him "cut off," and ultimately bring the OT system of atonement to an end.

Scripture does not say JESUS was crucified IN 29 AD, many people are saying that, not Scripture. What Scripture says is that AFTER, yeah, AFTER the week 62 plus 7 the Messiah is"cut off" - crucified .

Yes, the passage indicates that Christ is cut off after the 69 Weeks, which places him squarely in the 70th Week. 486.5 years after the decree of Artaxerxes, Jesus was cut off to fulfill God's covenant of atonement. And it was brought about by the Roman Prince, who had him destroyed (Pilate) and who had the city and the sanctuary desolated (Titus). Both Pilate and Titus were Roman "princes," as such, representing Roman imperial authority.

JESUS was not crucified neither in the week 69, because the week 69 ended BEFORE JESUS BIRTH, so JESUS was not crucified in the week 69th but AFTER the END of week 69, but also was not crucified in the midst of the week 70th, this week 70th is/will be RULED by the EVIL PRINCE by the entire, by seven years. The evil Prince was not a contemporary of JESUS, absolutely. THE evil Prince will manifest himself in this CURRENT decade, that is between 2020 to 2030, and the period of 7 years is within this current decade.

You are here asserting what you have yet to prove, that Jesus was *not* cut off in the midst of the 70th Week and that the Prince must rule for an entire Week. None of your assertions are explicitly stated. And in fact, these items are the things that are explicitly stated as such, that Messiah is cut off after the 69 Weeks, and that atonement under the Law is ended in the midst of the 70th Week.

It seems obvious to me, looking back, that Christ is a logical candidate for the one who dies in the midst of the Week to end temporary offerings. And in fact, the Church Fathers largely took this position for just this reason, that it is a logical assumption to make.

Again, I'm not insisting that anybody accept my own position. I'm just arguing against the idea that this interpretation, based on what the Church Fathers believed, is in any way illogical or inconsistent. On the contrary, it seems like a very logical consideration. Why not then treat it as such...unless, of course, it threatens somebody else's interpretation?

I find that futurists largely prefer to make everything in Dan 9, the Olivet Discourse, and the Revelation about the endtimes. I also am a futurist. But I'm not riding the bandwagon of those who refuse to distinguish between fulfilled prophecy and future prophecy.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 11:18:46 PM by RandyPNW »

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2022, 11:46:26 PM »

Now this is "incomprehensible" to me! There is nothing more logical that considering the possibility that the "destruction of the city and the sanctuary" could have something to do with the events of 70 AD, at which time the city and the sanctuary were in fact destroyed! Even if this position is wrong, how can you say that such a consideration is unreasonable? I actually think there is no other liklihood.

Your interpretation does not fit the period of a week of years (seven years) according Daniel 9:v.27, divided into two periods of 3.5 years, the first ruled by the Beast of sea for 42 months -Revelation 11:v.2 and Revelation 13:v.5 - and the second period ruled by the WICKED Prince-Ezekiel 21:v.25 and 2 Thes. 2 and Revelation 13:v.11 to 18.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2022, 01:42:27 PM »
There is nothing more logical that considering the possibility that the "destruction of the city and the sanctuary" could have something to do with the events of 70 AD, at which time the city and the sanctuary were in fact destroyed!

Your interpretation does not fit the period of a week of years (seven years) according Daniel 9:v.27, divided into two periods of 3.5 years, the first ruled by the Beast of sea for 42 months -Revelation 11:v.2 and Revelation 13:v.5 - and the second period ruled by the WICKED Prince-Ezekiel 21:v.25 and 2 Thes. 2 and Revelation 13:v.11 to 18.

There is no place in the Scriptures where a week of years is divided into two periods of 3.5 years! We are told there is a 70th Week, and the implication is that in the middle of this Week offerings are ended. This means that either the 70th Week is a shortened Week, or the last half of the Week is without animal sacrifices.

No, I don't see that for the reason I gave you. I'm not saying your view is wrong or unreasonable--only that I see it differently for the reasons I gave you. The "prince," to be consistent, is the same as the one whose people destroy the city and the sanctuary. For me, that would be Rome.

And so, this Roman prince "confirms a covenant" in the 70th Week, which for me is a shortened week. The covenant that is confirmed, which includes animal sacrifices, loses its efficacy, since those animal sacrifices are delegitimized.

So I don't see the covenant that is confirmed to be a treaty or peace agreement that the Roman prince makes. Rather, he is "confirming" the covenant God made with Israel. He is doing this indirectly by meeting the conditions necessary for God's covenant with Israel to be fulfilled.

By putting Christ to death he is indirectly confirming God's covenant with Israel to provide them with an eternal atoning sacrifice. In ending the temporary atonement under the Law God confirms His eternal covenant with Israel through Messiah.

I think you are confusing an historically-fulfilled prophecy with endtimes prophecy. The 70th Week, for me, was fulfilled in Christ's earthly ministry, followed by the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

The 3.5 years in the book of Revelation has nothing to do with Daniel's 70th Week, but rather, refers to Dan 7, where the Little Horn wrecks havoc for 3.5 years. Two completely different prophecies!

I'm not insulting or discrediting your position. I'm just stating my own position, and defending it against the charge that it is "confusing."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 01:47:29 PM by RandyPNW »

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2022, 08:34:26 PM »
Quote from: RandyPNW on Yesterday at 11:15:57 PM
There is nothing more logical that considering the possibility that the "destruction of the city and the sanctuary" could have something to do with the events of 70 AD, at which time the city and the sanctuary were in fact destroyed!

OSEAS said:Quote >>> Your interpretation does not fit the period of a week of years (seven years) according Daniel 9:v.27, divided into two periods of 3.5 years, the first ruled by the Beast of sea for 42 months -Revelation 11:v.2 and Revelation 13:v.5 - and the second period ruled by the WICKED Prince-Ezekiel 21:v.25 and 2 Thes. 2 and Revelation 13:v.11 to 18.<<<

Quote from: RandyPNW on Yesterday at 11:15:57 PM
There is no place in the Scriptures where a week of years is divided into two periods of 3.5 years! We are told there is a 70th Week, and the implication is that in the middle of this Week offerings are ended. This means that either the 70th Week is a shortened Week, or the last half of the Week is without animal sacrifices.
[/quote]

You are believing in an interpretation given by the letter, not by the Spirit of prophecy, the Spirit of GOD. Analyzing by your own words, Oh you heard a false interpretation of the Word of GOD, that is: "the 70th Week is a shortened Week, or the last half of the Week is without animal sacrifices", again the interpretation you received, and is spread by you, does not fit with the Word of GOD. See, Daniel 9:v.27 does not speak of "animal sacrifices" as you say, no, absolutely no. Scripture speaks only and only of ONE sacrifice, the sacrifice of JESUS. Check it in Hebrews 10:v.9-18 written for our knowledgment, among other Scriptures.

Furthermore, the sacrifice of JESUS still lasts, I mean,  the Jesus' sacrifice is not over yet, but it still goes on, and it is still within the expiration date, by the way, it is the sacrifice of JESUS that prevents or restrains the manifestation of the Wicked -the Wicked Prince- until today, understand? Check it in 2 Thes.2:v.7. JESUS is ALIVE, JESUS lives, understand? But what is written? it is until he be taken out of the way, well, this will happen soon, very soon, then will fulfill what JESUS said: Matthew 24:v.15 - When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Daniel 12:v.11-12:  11 - And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 - Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. - Yeah, the GLORIOUS AND MARVELOUS AND WONDERFUL DAY 1.335

Get ready

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2022, 09:11:09 PM »

No, I don't see that for the reason I gave you. I'm not saying your view is wrong or unreasonable--only that I see it differently for the reasons I gave you. The "prince," to be consistent, is the same as the one whose people destroy the city and the sanctuary. For me, that would be Rome.

And so, this Roman prince "confirms a covenant" in the 70th Week, which for me is a shortened week. The covenant that is confirmed, which includes animal sacrifices, loses its efficacy, since those animal sacrifices are delegitimized.

So I don't see the covenant that is confirmed to be a treaty or peace agreement that the Roman prince makes. Rather, he is "confirming" the covenant God made with Israel. He is doing this indirectly by meeting the conditions necessary for God's covenant with Israel to be fulfilled.

By putting Christ to death he is indirectly confirming God's covenant with Israel to provide them with an eternal atoning sacrifice. In ending the temporary atonement under the Law God confirms His eternal covenant with Israel through Messiah.

I think you are confusing an historically-fulfilled prophecy with endtimes prophecy. The 70th Week, for me, was fulfilled in Christ's earthly ministry, followed by the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

The 3.5 years in the book of Revelation has nothing to do with Daniel's 70th Week, but rather, refers to Dan 7, where the Little Horn wrecks havoc for 3.5 years. Two completely different prophecies!

I'm not insulting or discrediting your position. I'm just stating my own position, and defending it against the charge that it is "confusing."

Here goes what JESUS said about the prince, who has nothing to do with any Roman prince as you believe:

John 12:v.31 -  Now is the Judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world (Devil's world) be cast out.[/color]

John 14:v.30 ... the prince of this world (PRINCE OF THE WORLD OF DEVIL) cometh, and hath nothing in me-SAID JESUS, COURSE.

John 17:v. 11-12
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world (World of Devil), and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2 Thessalonians 2:v. 3 to 13

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be REVEALED in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the SPIRIT of His MOUTH (His words), and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause GOD shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because GOD hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth:

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2022, 09:36:21 PM »

Here goes what JESUS said about the prince, who has nothing to do with any Roman prince as you believe:
I'm with Randy on this one.  Vespasian actually presided over the destruction of Jerusalem during the timeframe in question, which is exactly what the "prince" is supposed to do. The end time prophecies about Jerusalem are for the most part very positive, as I posted above.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:42:20 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
May 15, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris