Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Trump shooting  (Read 1810 times)

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
Trump shooting
« on: July 15, 2024, 01:39:41 PM »
While those who demonize Trump would disagree, one has to wonder if God's hand was not on Donald Trump at the recent rally. Had the would-be assassin's bullet been an inch or two to the left, Trump's funeral arrangements could be in progress, or he could have been left incapacitated and unresponsive in ICU care. It doesn't even appear that his ear sustained any significant damage. Divine intervention or just dumb luck? What do you think?

Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: Trump shooting
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 11:46:28 AM »
Everything that happens in the world is divinely ordained.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 12:27:21 PM »
I'm on the "divine intervention: side in this instance.

Such sloppy, sloppy security work that left such an easy shot.

My grandmother could have hit that shot and she's been dead for 16 years.

And putting someone 5 foot 5 inches as a body person on a guy 6 foot 4 inches is just dumber than a box of rocks.

Loved the prayer for Israel at the RNC last night.

Oh, and Fenris, BTW, Colonel Baby Brother is now back in the states as of last night.  He loved his time in Tel Aviv but is very happy to be home.  Although I did point out to him that he was probably safer being in Tel Aviv...

Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2024, 12:38:34 PM »
Loved the prayer for Israel at the RNC last night.
Yes! And mentioning God generally.

The DNC will look and sound very different on those topics. Very different.
Oh, and Fenris, BTW, Colonel Baby Brother is now back in the states as of last night.  He loved his time in Tel Aviv but is very happy to be home.  Although I did point out to him that he was probably safer being in Tel Aviv...
I'm glad he's well and safe.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 04:51:42 PM »
Everything that happens in the world is divinely ordained.

That depends how you define "ordained." Used in the sense that all things transpire in accordance with the divine prerogatives of God's, I would agree. But I believe that, while man's free will is divinely ordained by God, not every specific act resulting from it is. I simply don't believe things like blasphemy, genocide and child rape are divinely ordained -- even though they may be allowed to happen.
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2024, 12:01:08 PM »
But I believe that, while man's free will is divinely ordained by God, not every specific act resulting from it is. I simply don't believe things like blasphemy, genocide and child rape are divinely ordained -- even though they may be allowed to happen.
Every single event that happens in this world is divinely ordained. Yes, even genocide.

Amos 3:6 Will there be evil in the city if the Lord has not done it?

So how does free will enter into the equation?

The outcome is ordained. But people make the choice to carry out the divine will.

If I see a homeless person and buy them a sandwich, God always knew that they would get that sandwich. But I made the choice to be the person who fed them. If not me, someone else would have fed them. Or God would have fed them another way. But I made the choice to involve myself in the process.

The same holds true for bad deeds. I have no doubt in my mind that the six million were meant to die. But nobody made the Nazis do it. They volunteered.

The outcome is preordained. The only choice we make is which role to take.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2024, 02:28:43 PM »
I take a different stance. In the garden the human race represented by A&E wanted to be like God knowing the difference between good and evil. God gave them what they wanted, removed them from Paradise and dumped them on the evolved Earth, a self-sustaining place to experience both good and evil together with the one who was responsible for seduction of A&E who keeps on trying to destroy God's creation and especially Jews.

The Jews, God's chosen people, they gave the world the OT, Jesus the Savior of the world was a Jew, the ones who wrote the NT were Jews.

@Fenris, I know you believe the devil is just a servant of God, in fact he is the opponent of God and hates Jews because he knows his upcoming destruction is connected to God's choice and plan He started with Abraham.

Gen 22:18 - and in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.

As for the Trump shooting, it's unclear to speak about ordained, we can not know, what is clear it's related to the Fall in Gen 3 people willing to be their own god in a place where evil is inseparable and can happen any moment.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2024, 04:35:13 PM »
@Fenris, I know you believe the devil is just a servant of God, in fact he is the opponent of God and hates Jews because he knows his upcoming destruction is connected to God's choice and plan He started with Abraham.
This isn't in the bible.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2024, 09:53:49 PM »

Ordained will and permissive will must be looked at and studied throughout God's Word. The reason I point this out is because if there is "only" ordained will, then mankind cannot transgress (sin). God sovereignty knows all that mankind will do, who will transgress against Him (or His will), who will not believe in Him (despite His provision for them through grace and faith), who will do all they can to be obedient to Him (or His will) and He's worked it all together (pre-ordained) for His purpose.

edit: Added a thought
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 10:50:05 PM by Slug1 »
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2024, 02:21:03 AM »
This isn't in the bible.

It is in mine  :)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2024, 11:26:54 AM »
It is in mine  :)

he is the opponent of God and hates Jews because he knows his upcoming destruction is connected to God's choice and plan He started with Abraham.

I am not aware that this is in the NT.

Of course I might have missed some obscure verse in the back or something.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2024, 04:15:43 AM »
A small collection -

Rev 12:9-10 : And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world— he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers  has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.

Efeze 6:10-12 :  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

1Joh 3:8 - Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

Matt 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Oh, and then the OT - In Christianity the snake in the symbolic story in the garden is the devil, see (for instance the above text in red).

Furthermore the role of satan in the OT is to accuse (Job and Joshua), see the purple and to tempt (King David)

« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 04:20:23 AM by ProDeo »

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2024, 11:50:56 AM »
A small collection -

Rev 12:9-10 : And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world— he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers  has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.

Efeze 6:10-12 :  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

1Joh 3:8 - Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

Matt 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Oh, and then the OT - In Christianity the snake in the symbolic story in the garden is the devil, see (for instance the above text in red).

Furthermore the role of satan in the OT is to accuse (Job and Joshua), see the purple and to tempt (King David)
Nothing in here about Satan hating Jews because he knows his destruction is connected with God choosing Abraham. Or hating Jews period for that matter.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2024, 12:51:11 AM »
Reading the history books of antisemitism when the real diaspora started after AD70, where does this insane and never ending Jew hatred comes from? Certainly not from God. So while Christianity gives a clear answer to that question, what's the answer in Judaism?

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2024, 10:19:15 AM »
"I had God on my side." Donald Trump

And the man who died?

Another for the annals of idiotic statements.

Recent Topics

Is free will a failed concept? by Sojourner
Today at 02:19:36 AM

Do you know then God of Jesus? by CrimsonTide21
Yesterday at 10:07:24 PM

Watcha doing? by Slug1
Yesterday at 02:22:03 PM

The Jews will be kept safe in the Great Tribulation by Slug1
August 19, 2024, 08:56:56 PM

Jesus God by Athanasius
August 13, 2024, 05:42:24 PM

I got saved by Fenris