Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Attacks on churches on the rise  (Read 988 times)

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
Attacks on churches on the rise
« on: February 25, 2024, 04:47:53 PM »
On the heels of escalating antisemitism since 10/7, the number of attacks on Christian churches in the US doubled in 2023 from what they were in 2022--being more than 8 times the number recorded in 2018. While most of the incidents were acts of vandalism, they also involve gun-related incidents, arson, and bomb threats.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/attacks-churches-doubled-2023-report-warns-growing-disdain-christianity

Malevolent spiritual forces are at the root of the growing hatred being exhibited toward Jews and Christians, and is a sign the last days of the current age are upon us. The good news is, the end times will culminate in the return of the Lord to redeem and vindicate His people, execute judgement on His enemies, and establish His kingdom.
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

DavidGYoung

• View Profile
Re: Attacks on churches on the rise
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 06:35:15 AM »
'The current age'? Can you be more specific?

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 08:26:46 AM »

Now
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 11:11:04 AM »

3While Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?” (Matt 24:3)

18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matt 28:18-20)

For it is My Father's will that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:44)

The age in which we're now living will end and a new one will commence, the day Jesus returns to gather those who belong to Him, execute judgment on the ungodly, and establish His kingdom. "Age" is a far more accurate translation of the Greek aionos than "world," as the KJV renders it.
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

DavidGYoung

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 12:05:30 PM »
So how far back in history would you describe as 'before the current age'?

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 12:37:57 PM »
Pre Jesus’ resurrection
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 12:41:48 PM »
Malevolent spiritual forces
I think it's just bad people doing bad things. Put the blame where it belongs. Nothing spiritual about it.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 12:43:51 PM »
This seems to come up here periodically.

I believe is it the Fourth Age that is referred to as the "Age of Men".

DavidGYoung

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2024, 03:00:44 PM »
How far pre-Jesus' resurrection? Or do you mean post-Jesus' resurrection?

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 03:04:51 PM »
Malevolent spiritual forces
I think it's just bad people doing bad things. Put the blame where it belongs. Nothing spiritual about it.
Just one of a number of points on which our two faiths diverge. Scripture actually presents examples of spirits influencing people. For instance, the spirit that tormented Saul, the spirit that the Lord rebukes in Zech 3:1, and the lying spirit in 1 Kings 22, dispatched to put lies in the mouths of Ahab's prophets.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 03:14:07 PM »
Just one of a number of points on which our two faiths diverge. Scripture actually presents examples of spirits influencing people. For instance, the spirit that tormented Saul, the spirit that the Lord rebukes in Zech 3:1, and the lying spirit in 1 Kings 22, dispatched to put lies in the mouths of Ahab's prophets.
God does not remove our free will, except in unique and exceptional circumstances. Hamas and their ilk are not being influenced by "spirits." They are bad people who make the conscious choice to do bad things.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2024, 03:25:25 PM »
How far pre-Jesus' resurrection? Or do you mean post-Jesus' resurrection?

Does it really matter?

The age of grace began with the crucifixion

DavidGYoung

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2024, 04:08:22 PM »
It matters because pre-resurrection could be anything all the way back to the beginning of our species.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2024, 05:05:40 PM »
God does not remove our free will, except in unique and exceptional circumstances. Hamas and their ilk are not being influenced by "spirits." They are bad people who make the conscious choice to do bad things.
I didn't imply that all acts of violence and hatred are compelled by malevolent spirits. People are perfectly capable of murder and mayhem of their own volition, and Hamas and all other Jew-haters are culpable for their own actions. But that does not negate the influence spirits can exert over people--such as the examples in scripture I cited, which you neither refuted nor acknowledged.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2024, 06:27:27 PM »
1 Sam 16 "The Lord sent an evil spirit to Saul. It gave Saul trouble and fear in his mind."

Sounds like depression. Regardless it isn't changing free will.

1 Kings 22 "'I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.'

Yes, false prophets tell lies. Regardless it isn't changing free will.

Zech 3:1 Actually says "Satan", not a spirit.

Better?

Recent Topics

who is this man? by RabbiKnife
April 27, 2024, 07:49:55 PM

Watcha doing? by ProDeo
April 27, 2024, 05:32:27 AM

Bibleforums.NET by The Parson
April 25, 2024, 09:47:48 AM

Lemme see if I have this right by ProDeo
April 22, 2024, 02:13:03 PM

How Do I Know God Exists? by Cloudwalker
April 20, 2024, 05:47:40 PM