Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Watcha doing?  (Read 6170 times)

Cloudwalker

• The one and only, genuine, original Cloudwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Watcha doing?
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2024, 11:02:31 AM »
Sawdust and glue paste makes a great small gap filler

That's a good point, I'm going to need to do that in a couple of other places so hopefully I'll be able to pull it off here too. I just hope what curvature there is won't kick all the adjacent boards out of position. I suppose if I need to I can trim the surplus off one side and fill the other side with goop.

I can find a couple of small offcuts of red oak so I can make sawdust that should match pretty nicely. As long as stain and lacquer won't make it look awful we should be good to go.

I laid the board out against the two boards that will be adjacent and I think it's all close enough that I won't need to do much of anything with it. The lines aren't dead straight but they are pretty close, close enough that they don't really show unless you're staring at the floor. And in a house that's over 100 years old I think that's OK - if I live to be 100 I'll probably be a bit wavy in places too.

I'm not 100 and I'm plenty wavy already.
May God bless you as you seek to do God's will

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2024, 02:47:58 PM »

Big Sky Montana. May 1st am.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2024, 03:00:05 PM »
"Brrrrr," chattered Nanook of the North as he exited his igloo.

Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2024, 07:02:58 PM »
Jon Rushford (late nephew)  Beaters Wth Heaters annual poker run today. Townsend, Mt.

tango

• Well that didn't go as planned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2024, 05:33:58 PM »
A few slow days thanks to a nasty tummy bug. But I got some more floor removed, so now I've got as much lifted as I can without removing another section of wall.

Now it's a question of whether to remove the wall first, or lay the new flooring. I think I might use the old flooring rested in place to catch anything that falls when I take out the wall, rather than risk heavy pointy things falling on the nice new floor.

I guess I'll need some more wall studs to replace the wall that comes out.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2024, 10:27:19 PM »
Beginning to plot areas of my land and set in game cams.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2024, 04:25:22 PM »
An hour of speed repeats today. My legs weren't liking me much towards the tops of a few of the hills I sprinted. But with speed repeats I figure if my legs don't stop working near the top of at least some hills I'm not running hard enough.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2024, 09:26:56 PM »
Just what we needed: to be drug through yet another salacious sex trial which is not a sex trial (of course). 

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2024, 06:17:21 AM »
Just what we needed: to be drug through yet another salacious sex trial which is not a sex trial (of course).

As a trial lawyer, I can tell you.
This judge has made the appeal both easy and hard.

Easy because the irrelevance, immateriality, and prejudicial nature of the testimony and the foolish bootstrapping legal theory are something a first year law student would destroy.

Hard because there is so much error from which to choose.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2024, 01:05:26 AM »

Learning my youngest grandson chess. He has talent.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2024, 07:45:13 AM »

I mean, anyone playing h4 to threaten any impending castling!

(And a new set?)
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2024, 08:46:27 AM »
Got a load more wall pulled down yesterday. In the morning I stuck to pulling down some drywall and smashing it up for bagging, because I met a friend for lunch. Nothing fancy, just a local coffee shop, so I didn't have to be immaculate but didn't want to be covered in plaster dust. Then in the afternoon I pulled down the plaster walls and a bunch of the laths. I don't need the whole lot down, but figured I'd pull down the rest of the plaster while the space is at least mostly contained.

So now I have three bags of drywall scraps, another bag mostly full, and a total of eight bags of plaster that a neighbor is going to take away. I'm still not entirely sure what he does with the plaster but he obviously has some use for it, which saves me having to get rid of it myself.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2024, 10:05:14 AM »

I mean, anyone playing h4 to threaten any impending castling!

(And a new set?)

New set indeed, and if you look well the king and queen are wrongly placed, I let him...

Cloudwalker

• The one and only, genuine, original Cloudwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2024, 11:22:59 AM »

Good for you.  But grammar lesson.  You don't "learn your grandson"  you TEACH your grandson.  He learns.
May God bless you as you seek to do God's will

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2024, 03:00:16 PM »
An hour of speed repeats today, so now my legs don't like me very much.

Then I took a look at the wall I want to remove in my work space. One stud came out easily enough, it was fastened to the floor with some nails that were tricky to access but a bit of thinking and a bit of brute force combined to get that stud out. The next one goes high up into the cavity above, and checking from above indicates it rises several inches above the top of the joist in the attic. I'm not sure why. I suspect this one is going to experience a visit from Mr Saw to cut it off at a manageable height so I can do the work I need on the floor below, then I can figure out the best way to remove the stub later. As long as the bottom is well above head height I'll be OK.

I'm also most likely going to have to take out a light fitting. Easy enough to do electrically speaking, just a pain having to crawl around upstairs and downstairs making sure everything is disconnected, then working on a ladder in a tight space, crawling back into the attic to pull the cables through, and only then pulling down the ceiling. Lots of fun ahead....

So far I've got everything removed that I need, except for this one stud. Once this stud is out I can lift the last part of the floor, then lay the new floor, then finish framing the bedroom. Hopefully I can get the work finished before I run out of motivation again....

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 07:34:34 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
May 15, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris