Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: - Road Signs -  (Read 354 times)

Abednego+2

• View Profile
- Road Signs -
« on: May 25, 2021, 06:19:39 PM »
2 Corinthians 5:7, “We walk by faith, not by sight”
Romans 10:13, “Whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved”

Two men who were driving to a little town they had never been to before, one was saved and the other man wasn’t. One said, “I like to see where I am going.” This faith you Christians talk about is unreasonable and ridiculous. As they approached the fork on the rural road they were traveling, they feared they were lost. There were no gas stations or even houses around to ask for a clarification in directions. As they got closer to the fork in the road, they saw an old, weathered sign pointing to the right, giving the name of the town they were looking for. The sign indicated the town they were looking for was one mile down the road.

The believer in Christ said to the man riding with him, what should we do? The unsaved passenger said, follow the sign. The believer responded, but wouldn’t that be walking by faith, just what you criticized Christians for doing? No! The man exclaimed, because the sign clearly says the town is just one mile down the road to the right. You’re right, said the believer, but the Bible is just like that sign, and in the Bible, we read about the way to Heaven. We can’t see Heaven any more than you can see the town from this fork in the road. Our faith in the Bible and what it says about how to get to Heaven is just like your faith in the road sign. We take the testimony of that which we read in regard to that which is invisible.

Closing thoughts:

Maybe you’re reading this and you’re at a fork in the road of your life? You know you must move forward, but you can’t see ten feet ahead.  You want to believe in heaven and how to get there as the Bible says, but you’re uncertain because of what you have read or what your friends have told you. Just like the road sign that said there was a town one mile down the road that couldn’t be seen, but nevertheless, it was there.

Likewise, there most certainly is a heaven and a hell, which cannot be seen either. Your only guidebook to heaven is the Bible; God’s breathed and inspired Word. Within its pages God has laid out very clear and concise that if you want to go to heaven, it’s only through the shed blood of His Son, Jesus Christ. You must understand that God makes the rules for entrance into Heaven and not the rules made by man! God required a sinless sacrifice and His only Son, Jesus was willing to become that sacrifice for you, for me, and for the whole world (John 3:16). 

You see, He is the only One who has ever lived a perfect and sinless life, and through His sacrificial death on the cross, He satisfied the demands of a Holy and Righteousness God. Jesus said Himself in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”  John 10:9 tell us about a door, “I (Jesus speaking) am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

My friend, a multitude of people acknowledge certain facts about Jesus Christ are true and maybe you’re one of them.  Faith isn’t just believing that Jesus Christ can save; it’s asking Him to do it. It’s like receiving a gift for your birthday; you have to reach out to personally accept God’s remedy for your sin.  It is entrusting the destiny of your soul to Him for eternity.  It is saying, “Save me, Lord Jesus. I believe that You can and will.”  The question that remains, “Have you accepted God’s gift for eternal life?” 

Man's ways lead to a hopeless end; God's way leads to an endless hope.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:42:20 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
May 15, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris