Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: When God created "Night" and "Heavens" in Genesis 1, were they not good?  (Read 4417 times)

gordon7

• View Profile
Re: When God created "Night" and "Heavens" in Genesis 1, were they not good?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2023, 05:06:09 AM »
Still remembering of the fast of God ( let the oppressed go free.) and how Israel had no knowledge of that fast. ( by observing the fast of neglecting of the flesh.)

The Lord testifies of the Messiah, of one raised up in righteousness, all His ways directed, to build the city of God. ( Heavenly Jerusalem.) and it is He, the Messiah who let go the captives of the Lord, ( the scribes and lawyers of Israel kept them in the burdens, to not let the oppressed go free, to continue them oppressed of the devil. Acts 10:38.) and the Messiah did it not for reward or price, said the Lord of hosts.

Isaiah 45:13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.

Hebrews 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

The hearts desire to God for Israel, is that they might be saved, Apostle Paul bore them record, that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

They being ignorant of Gods righteousness, are going about to establish their own righteousness, without submitting themselves unto the righteousness of God. ( the righteousness of God is the end of the law, to every one that believes, in the Messiah.)

Moses described the law, they who do it, live in it. ( cursed if we do not observe all of it,  holidays and fasts are observed by doctrines and commandments of men also.)

The word of faith, which the Apostles preach; that if we shall confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in our heart that God has raised him from the dead, we shall be saved. for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. ( God spoke of the Messiah to be raised up in righteousness, and we believe then that God did raise up Christ our Lord in His righteousness from the dead to life. There is no life in the law, there is curse, and the Messiah was made a curse for us.)

The scripture says, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Looking at who is ashamed, and confounded, it is the makers of idols. Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting ( the law is a curse and a curse is not everlasting.) salvation, to not be ashamed nor confounded, world without end.

God says look unto Him and be saved, all the ends of the earth. God testifies, He has sworn by Himself, the word is gone out of His mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto Him every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. ( Romans 10 is testimony of this, we are saved in the everlasting salvation, if we believe in our heart and confess with our mouth, that God raised up Jesus Christ our Lord from the dead.)

Further proof of this is what else God testified, "Surely, shall one say, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength: even to Him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed. In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory. ( whosoever believes in the Messiah, Jesus Christ shall not be ashamed, to be justified by faith to glorified with the risen Messiah, and those in a curse under the law cannot receive the blessing of Abraham, which comes on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ, as it is the promise of the Spirit through faith.)

We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Isaiah 45:16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24 Surely, shall one say, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory. ( Israel was put to shame for seeking after the soul of Christ to put him to hurt. Psalm 25:3. 25:20. 35:4. 35:26. 71:24.)

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2023, 10:54:57 AM »
No man can judge us in meat, or drink, in respect of a holiday, not of the new moon, or of sabbath days.
Sigh. Did you not read my post?

You're new here, so I'll give you a bit of advice. When people have a conversation with you, respond to what they've said. Otherwise they'll just tune you out and nobody learns anything from anyone.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 11:55:10 AM by Fenris »

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2023, 02:55:00 AM »
Nobody learns anything from anyone, that is why God testified they shall not teach any more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, of the Lord.

For all, already know the Lord, from the least, unto the greatest of them.

For God gave the Messiah, ( saved by believing in, the foolishness of the preaching of the cross.) to forgive our iniquity and God then remembers their sin no more. ( because now they know the Lord who died and rose again, who dwells in them in Spirit/constantly guiding them.)

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2023, 04:59:42 AM »
Nobody learns anything from anyone, that is why God testified they shall not teach any more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, of the Lord.

For all, already know the Lord, from the least, unto the greatest of them.

For God gave the Messiah, ( saved by believing in, the foolishness of the preaching of the cross.) to forgive our iniquity and God then remembers their sin no more. ( because now they know the Lord who died and rose again, who dwells in them in Spirit/constantly guiding them.)

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hebrews 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

What does this have to do with reading Fenris' reply and replying to it, with than soap boxing?
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2023, 06:38:40 AM »
What's your view on the evil that is created? For example, is this saying that God is responsible for moral evil, or that God is responsible for setting out the person who does evil, and so on?
Everything comes from God.

Pharaoh and the Egyptians enslaved the Hebrews, as God told Abraham that his descendants would be slaves for 400 years. (Gen 15:13)

The Assyrians were the "rod of God's anger" (Isaiah 10:5) to punish Israel (the northern ten tribes). The Babylonians served the same function in 586BC.

The prophet rhetorically asks the question "Will there be evil in the city if the Lord has not done it?" (Amos 3:6)

So again, everything comes from God. It's all God's will, the good things and the bad. The place where free will enters the equation is when a person chooses their mission. It was God's will that the six million be killed, for reasons known to Him and not us. But nobody forced Hitler and the Nazis to be the ones to do it. No, they volunteered to do it. With joy. And for that they will receive the punishment they deserve.

As an aside, the Jewish internalization of this message is probably what enabled Judaism as a faith to survive the Babylonian exile. In the ancient world, when a nation was defeated, it was generally seen as a defeat of that nation's god or gods as well. Consequently those religions ceased to exist. Judaism was the only religion what saw the defeat of their nation as a victory for their God. Hence Judaism survived the exile, and Christianity exists today.

Ah, so in this understanding, God is responsible for His will and how that works out in the world, but those who act are blameworthy?

It's certainly an option the be considered, like president Biden is end responsible for whatever members of his administration do wrong.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2023, 08:50:52 AM »
Just for grins, perhaps a dive into the concept of middle knowledge in view of omniscience and sovereignty is in order.

Oh, and you can't put it on a bumper sticker.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2023, 03:07:21 PM »
Nobody learns anything from anyone
This is quite the take. Why bother posting here, then? We already know it according to you.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2023, 04:08:30 PM »
This is quite the take. Why bother posting here, then? We already know it according to you.

Careful. Even if he tells us, we'll have learned nothing!

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2023, 04:50:09 PM »
My brain is gnawing its way out!

gordon7

• View Profile

If a person loves to jest, why and how would they learn to not jest..

Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Ephesians 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

gordon7

• View Profile

More testimony for the end, the hypocritical mockers in feasts, who gnashed upon Christ.

Psalm 35:16 With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.

2 Peter 2:13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Maybe it's an AI :thinking:

gordon7

• View Profile

More testimony for the end:

Proverbs 15:10 Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, ( cannot be correccted.) unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
GMTA, I just made this observation on another discussion.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
If a person loves to jest, why and how would they learn to not jest..
Oh no. Are you one of those "no fun is allowed" religious types? Because those types are no fun at all.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:42:20 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
May 15, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris