Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Two things died today, 2/24/22  (Read 5350 times)

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
Re: Two things died today, 2/24/22
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2022, 04:13:36 AM »
I'm against anybody taking anything that belongs to an independent or autonomous region. The only justification for taking action on another's sovereign territory is a threat to the national survival in matters of defense, health, and economic viability.

Yes, taking Karelia and Kola would be beneficial to Finland's defence, health, and economic viability. ;) Beneficial to Sweden, too. Also the citizens in those areas who suffer under Russian rule.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

CadyandZoe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2022, 07:15:20 AM »
The swamp is world-wide I think.
May the Lord richly bless you.
Video: "The Days of the Son of Man"

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2022, 07:37:14 AM »
It's just people

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2022, 07:48:00 AM »
The swamp is world-wide I think.

Q'Anon is like a social psychosis.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2022, 02:51:14 PM »
It's just people

So is Soylent Green…
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2022, 03:23:17 PM »
I'm against anybody taking anything that belongs to an independent or autonomous region. The only justification for taking action on another's sovereign territory is a threat to the national survival in matters of defense, health, and economic viability.

Yes, taking Karelia and Kola would be beneficial to Finland's defence, health, and economic viability. ;) Beneficial to Sweden, too. Also the citizens in those areas who suffer under Russian rule.

That's realpolitik. I don't subscribe to that. I'm against any form of adventurism. Needs and Wants are two different things.

The West had an adversarial attitude towards Russia in some parts, including in the US. Germany apparently did not. This contributed towards Putin's paranoia that the advance of NATO was a threat to themselves.

It wasn't *wise* treating Russia as an adversary while a real relationship continued to exist. All bets are off now. In no way is Putin justified in this aggression against a neighbor, with whom they had an agreement.

I personally think that if Europe fails to contribute military assistance to Ukraine, it should at least be done secretly. I'm not just talking about supplying Ukraine with arms.

One of the best ways to stop Putin right now is to declare to Putin *in advance* that European forces are being built up on the borders of Ukraine in the 100s of thousands, in preparation to defend Ukraine. Then Putin has a huge decision to make....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 03:35:03 PM by RandyPNW »

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2022, 04:11:20 PM »
It's just people

So is Soylent Green…

Now that's something I haven't watched in a while!

That's realpolitik. I don't subscribe to that. I'm against any form of adventurism. Needs and Wants are two different things.

The West had an adversarial attitude towards Russia in some parts, including in the US. Germany apparently did not. This contributed towards Putin's paranoia that the advance of NATO was a threat to themselves.

It wasn't *wise* treating Russia as an adversary while a real relationship continued to exist. All bets are off now. In no way is Putin justified in this aggression against a neighbor, with whom they had an agreement.

I personally think that if Europe fails to contribute military assistance to Ukraine, it should at least be done secretly. I'm not just talking about supplying Ukraine with arms.

One of the best ways to stop Putin right now is to declare to Putin *in advance* that European forces are being built up on the borders of Ukraine in the 100s of thousands, in preparation to defend Ukraine. Then Putin has a huge decision to make....

I was being 'just woke up' facetious. After this is said and done I imagine we'll learn that NATO countries, including the US, did a lot more to help out Ukraine than they're letting on. The US, especially, seems to have transparent access to Russian communications and they can't not be sharing that with Ukraine. Boots on the ground can be nice, but I understand the nuclear deterrent. That said, if it's true that Belarus is sending actual fighters, NATO should be firm that this ought not to happen, or else Russia can have their +1 and Ukraine will have their +30. Oh, and then you know, some Mossad agents might accidentally 86 Lukashenko while trying to order poutine at the local 7/11.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2022, 02:42:22 AM »
Yes, taking Karelia and Kola would be beneficial to Finland's defence, health, and economic viability. ;) Beneficial to Sweden, too. Also the citizens in those areas who suffer under Russian rule...
I was being 'just woke up' facetious.

I realize this. I no longer wish to even *sound* like I'm giving any excuses to Russia. Russia should be part of Europe, and not divided from it. I don't like what it did after WW2, and I don't like what it's doing now. This "wall," ie the Iron Curtain of Russian empire-building, needs to be "torn down!"

After this is said and done I imagine we'll learn that NATO countries, including the US, did a lot more to help out Ukraine than they're letting on. The US, especially, seems to have transparent access to Russian communications and they can't not be sharing that with Ukraine. Boots on the ground can be nice, but I understand the nuclear deterrent. That said, if it's true that Belarus is sending actual fighters, NATO should be firm that this ought not to happen, or else Russia can have their +1 and Ukraine will have their +30. Oh, and then you know, some Mossad agents might accidentally 86 Lukashenko while trying to order poutine at the local 7/11.

Yes, I just heard that some Cyber Warfare is presently going on vs. Russia. ;) I have to laugh that Russia is now blocking Facebook and Twitter! ;) Maybe it's time to dispense with the propaganda techniques and go for the jugular, since that's where they're taking this thing by threatening the West with nukes and telling independent countries like Finland and Sweden not to join NATO?

It's time NATO acted as one and began to flood the NATO countries around Ukraine with military troops and equipment/supplies. Is Russia then going to threaten to send nukes to *all* of the NATO countries? Not only will Putin be responsible for the worst disaster in the history of warfare, but he himself will have decimated both himself and his country. It will be a desert that looks like a sea of glass.

May better heads prevail! And I'm referring to Russian heads.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2022, 02:56:31 AM »
I thought I would separate my prophetic speculation from the more serious business of responding to the Russian aggression in Ukraine. Here I will give you my thoughts on what this means in the light of biblical prophecy, since I have great interest in that.

As I've said before, I believe the 2 legs of the great image in Dan 2 represents the 2 divisions of the ancient Roman Empire, East and West. Today that roughly corresponds to the Orthodox and Catholic halves of the old Roman imperial tradition.

What makes the current development interesting (though terrible) is the fact Russia is the remaining imperial structure originating from the old Roman imperial tradition. We've had a number of empires, as such, in history. After the ancient Roman Empire in the West came the Holy Roman Empire, with a number of different states claiming to represent a portion of that empire.

After the Byzantine Empire in the East we also had a number of states claim to be a partial representative of that imperial tradition, as well. WW1 put an end to the old Roman Kingdom of the czars in Russia, but it was replaced with the Soviet Empire.

The point is, Daniel foresaw in the last days of this 4th Empire feet with a mixture of clay and iron, meaning that the imperial structure would weaken, and have to be united under Antichrist. In fact, the Russian imperial effort seems to be the last effort at maintaining this imperial tradition on its own.

It is interesting that Middle Eastern imperial structures have come to their end, as well. Since the fall of the Ottoman Empire after WW1, every attempt at forging a new imperial dynasty has failed. The world's unity is shattered by the disunity of sin, and the Antichrist will make one last effort at uniting the world under Satan.

That's why I think Putin will fail and fall, leaving Russia just one of many states representing Europe. Ultimately, I think Antichrist will assume control over NATO or over whatever European structure exists to maintain unity among the many states.

Just my thoughts. I could certainly be wrong.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2022, 04:03:06 AM »
Yes, taking Karelia and Kola would be beneficial to Finland's defence, health, and economic viability. ;) Beneficial to Sweden, too. Also the citizens in those areas who suffer under Russian rule...
I was being 'just woke up' facetious.

I realize this. I no longer wish to even *sound* like I'm giving any excuses to Russia. Russia should be part of Europe, and not divided from it. I don't like what it did after WW2, and I don't like what it's doing now. This "wall," ie the Iron Curtain of Russian empire-building, needs to be "torn down!"

After this is said and done I imagine we'll learn that NATO countries, including the US, did a lot more to help out Ukraine than they're letting on. The US, especially, seems to have transparent access to Russian communications and they can't not be sharing that with Ukraine. Boots on the ground can be nice, but I understand the nuclear deterrent. That said, if it's true that Belarus is sending actual fighters, NATO should be firm that this ought not to happen, or else Russia can have their +1 and Ukraine will have their +30. Oh, and then you know, some Mossad agents might accidentally 86 Lukashenko while trying to order poutine at the local 7/11.

Yes, I just heard that some Cyber Warfare is presently going on vs. Russia. ;) I have to laugh that Russia is now blocking Facebook and Twitter! ;) Maybe it's time to dispense with the propaganda techniques and go for the jugular, since that's where they're taking this thing by threatening the West with nukes and telling independent countries like Finland and Sweden not to join NATO?

It's time NATO acted as one and began to flood the NATO countries around Ukraine with military troops and equipment/supplies. Is Russia then going to threaten to send nukes to *all* of the NATO countries? Not only will Putin be responsible for the worst disaster in the history of warfare, but he himself will have decimated both himself and his country. It will be a desert that looks like a sea of glass.

Russia has what, 6,000 nukes? As Putin descends into lunacy he could absolutely hit every NATO country, multiple times over (and let's hope tsirkon missiles still aren't a thing). He's already threatening to move nukes into Belarus. There are potential leaks at Chernobyl? An oil pipeline or storage was hit last night? The dude has lost it.

May I be so lucky to be vaporised when the bombs fall. Russia won't be the only place to get glassed.

Or who knows, maybe Russia will do an extremely stupid thing and the US will reveal they've had space lasers and advanced rail guns this whole time. This is one of those times when you really wonder how the world has managed to keep it together for as long as it has.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2022, 08:06:11 AM »
Only Fenris has the Jewish Space Laser

Get your calamities sorted, bro…

😇
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2022, 09:59:40 AM »

That's what Obama said. "The 1980s called, they want their foreign policy back."

Looks like Romney was right after all.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2022, 10:23:45 AM »
Russia should be part of Europe, and not divided from it. I don't like what it did after WW2, and I don't like what it's doing now. This "wall," ie the Iron Curtain of Russian empire-building, needs to be "torn down!"
Thats the choice that Putin made. Not us and not Europe.

Only one Russian matters right now. That's how it is with dictatorships.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2022, 10:25:24 AM »
Only Fenris has the Jewish Space Laser
And a weather machine!

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2022, 11:14:16 AM »
Only one Russian matters right now. That's how it is with dictatorships.

Maybe it's time he was buried under that mountain he's hiding in.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by Cloudwalker
Yesterday at 11:23:39 AM

woke by ProDeo
June 28, 2024, 04:08:07 AM

The Rejection of Rejection by Fenris
June 27, 2024, 01:15:58 PM

Eschatology - Introduction PLEASE READ by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:39:59 AM

Baptism and Communion by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:35:20 AM

Faith and peace by Stephen Andrew