Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Two things died today, 2/24/22  (Read 5361 times)

RandyPNW

• View Profile
Re: Two things died today, 2/24/22
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2022, 12:12:05 PM »
Russia has what, 6,000 nukes? As Putin descends into lunacy he could absolutely hit every NATO country, multiple times over (and let's hope tsirkon missiles still aren't a thing). He's already threatening to move nukes into Belarus. There are potential leaks at Chernobyl? An oil pipeline or storage was hit last night? The dude has lost it.

Yes, he's lost it. But I wasn't referring to Putin's *ability* to hit all Western countries. Rather, I was referring to the lunacy of trying to attack the whole rest of the world with the slightest notion of Russia's *survival* as a country!

If he attacked, with nukes, just the U.S., he might have a chance when making a 1st strike. But he has absolutely zero chance of survival if he attacks the whole rest of the world allied against him.

That was the point. If we act as one, he's done. He's all talk. God controls the world--not Putin. Prophecy will be fulfilled. His threats only make him look smaller.

May I be so lucky to be vaporised when the bombs fall. Russia won't be the only place to get glassed.

The most painless way to be executed...assuming it is instantaneous? ;) I would fear a slow death from cancer worse.

Or who knows, maybe Russia will do an extremely stupid thing and the US will reveal they've had space lasers and advanced rail guns this whole time. This is one of those times when you really wonder how the world has managed to keep it together for as long as it has.

Yea, I've read through history, and one can't help but note that the inevitability of war characterizes virtually every century. And the destructiveness of it all doesn't seem to put much of a damper on it.

The threat of MAD did seem to force calmer heads to prevail. But here we go again...

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2022, 01:48:24 PM »
Vaporisation is instant and far preferable to death from radiation sickness, burns from the blast, etc.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2022, 01:14:48 AM »
Yes, such is the reoccurring structure of this world that one evil individual can seemingly bring civilization to the brink of annihilation.
If not for Divine intervention we would not have made it thus far.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2022, 02:55:01 AM »
Yeah, and that guy is hiding in a bunker in the mountains, like a loser.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2022, 09:20:34 AM »
Yes, such is the reoccurring structure of this world that one evil individual can seemingly bring civilization to the brink of annihilation.

Thanks for that! I've been suffering intermittent and alternating fits of rage and depression over the Russian invasion of Ukraine. I knew that my Grandfather escaped from Russia by secretly leaving his home in the Ukraine, but my brother informed me yesterday that my Grandmother also left Ukraine! I wonder how many of my relatives are over there right now, hunkered down in subways or out fighting against impossible odds?

I join you in your sentiments, and trust in God's intervention that He will spare innocent lives and bring harsh and decisive judgment down upon Putin and all who support him. It makes my heart happy and proud to see the world step up for Ukraine. And I hope those who are doing not enough find the courage to go all in to support this suffering victim of a country.

CadyandZoe

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2022, 10:48:55 AM »

Thanks for that! I've been suffering intermittent and alternating fits of rage and depression over the Russian invasion of Ukraine. I knew that my Grandfather escaped from Russia by secretly leaving his home in the Ukraine, but my brother informed me yesterday that my Grandmother also left Ukraine! I wonder how many of my relatives are over there right now, hunkered down in subways or out fighting against impossible odds?

I join you in your sentiments, and trust in God's intervention that He will spare innocent lives and bring harsh and decisive judgment down upon Putin and all who support him. It makes my heart happy and proud to see the world step up for Ukraine. And I hope those who are doing not enough find the courage to go all in to support this suffering victim of a country.

Randy, I'm sorry to hear about your relatives. Not all is as it seems.
May the Lord richly bless you.
Video: "The Days of the Son of Man"

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2022, 12:26:52 PM »

Psalm 2 and Psalm 37 don’t see. Too concerned about Ukraine or Russian…
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2022, 03:59:30 AM »
I reject the notion that NATO has pushed Putin too far.

Putin's nightmare starts here in 2014, the EU making promises. It's not NATO but the EU.

The EU more or less is also responsible for the current problem with its unneeded aggressive expansion drift to the east. It's not only about a democratic Ukraine but American nukes in a bordering country. On the other hand every country has the right to choose its own direction. I am not defending Putin, just describing the situation from a historic perspective.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2022, 05:45:58 AM »
It would be nice if Putin stuck to reality instead of conjuring up idiocy about the apparent Czech oppression of the native minority Ger... err, neoNazis ruling Ukraine and committing genocide.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2022, 08:59:36 AM »
Old-school soviets listen to every word.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2022, 09:16:15 AM »
Da!
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2022, 03:43:01 PM »
A murderer walking among the free makes the land stink.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2022, 09:08:54 PM »
The EU more or less is also responsible for the current problem
And yet Putin isn't blaming the EU. He simply refuses to acknowledge the Ukraine's right to exist. He didn't even declare war, he just invaded. Because he thinks that the Ukraine doesn't exist and its territory actually belongs to him.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2022, 01:57:28 PM »
Cognitive dissonance is the hallmark of megalomania.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2022, 06:15:14 PM »
The EU more or less is also responsible for the current problem
And yet Putin isn't blaming the EU. He simply refuses to acknowledge the Ukraine's right to exist. He didn't even declare war, he just invaded. Because he thinks that the Ukraine doesn't exist and its territory actually belongs to him.

Read what I wrote again, American nukes in a bordering country. Since yesterday the NATO card is off the table and today they are talking about peace including withdrawal of Russian troops.

Look, Putin is a murderer and dictator and paranoid with NATO as if NATO is an attacking force while NATO is a defensive force, he has nothing to fear of NATO but in his paranoia he still living in the past as if nothing happened after Glasnost and Perestroika which he step by step killed during the years, step by step taking away the freedoms of the Russian people.

And like I said, I am not defending Putin, just putting things in historical perspective.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by Cloudwalker
Today at 10:45:51 AM

woke by ProDeo
June 28, 2024, 04:08:07 AM

The Rejection of Rejection by Fenris
June 27, 2024, 01:15:58 PM

Eschatology - Introduction PLEASE READ by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:39:59 AM

Baptism and Communion by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:35:20 AM

Faith and peace by Stephen Andrew