Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Feasts and the 2nd Coming  (Read 5860 times)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: Feasts and the 2nd Coming
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2021, 04:33:10 PM »
You will closely note, Zechariah 14:16 & Isaiah 4:3-4 are "Parallel" readings of the same event
I am not really understanding this juxtaposition.

Truth7t7

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2021, 04:41:04 PM »
Zechariah 14:1-12 below shows the Lords return to earth in fire in final judgement.
Yeah, I don't really like the cross referencing to other biblical books like this. Especially when it's an "out" for understanding the literal text as something else other than what it says.
The Old Testament Is Very Clear, The Lord Will Return In Fire And Judgement

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Truth7t7

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2021, 04:45:34 PM »
You will closely note, Zechariah 14:16 & Isaiah 4:3-4 are "Parallel" readings of the same event
The point is very clear, Zechariah chapter 14 represents the eternal kingdom after the resurrection and final judgement takes place, the book of life "Was" opened, judgement is past

The Eternal Kingdom seen in Ezekiel chapter 47 is now in action

Isaiah 4:3KJV
3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

Daniel 12:1-2KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:54:01 PM by Truth7t7 »

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2021, 04:58:50 PM »
Sigh. We already have someone here who's all about the fire and judgement. I actually think that most of us will be fine with the coming of the Messiah. 

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2021, 05:00:10 PM »
The point is very clear, Zechariah chapter 14 represents the eternal kingdom after the resurrection and final judgement takes place
It doesn't say any of those things. It simply says that the nations will come to Jerusalem to celebrate a biblical holiday. Why read more into it than what the text says?

Truth7t7

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2021, 05:07:28 PM »
Sigh. We already have someone here who's all about the fire and judgement. I actually think that most of us will be fine with the coming of the Messiah.
We will disagree, it's not about what man wants to happen, but what Gods words of truth clearly states

You have been clearly shown, the Lord returns in fire and final judgement as seen below

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 05:09:29 PM by Truth7t7 »

Truth7t7

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2021, 05:13:04 PM »
The point is very clear, Zechariah chapter 14 represents the eternal kingdom after the resurrection and final judgement takes place
It doesn't say any of those things. It simply says that the nations will come to Jerusalem to celebrate a biblical holiday. Why read more into it than what the text says?
The scripture is very clear, man will be dissolved by the Lords fire in judgement, as he stands on his feet, as you disregard this factual truth before your eyes "Why"?

Truth7t7

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2021, 05:17:40 PM »
Fenris, do you hold the Rabbinical Talmud as valuable to your faith and understanding of God?

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2021, 05:33:14 PM »
We will disagree, it's not about what man wants to happen, but what Gods words of truth clearly states
Nowhere does it say that God is going to go around smiting everyone with fire or whatever.

You claim that

the scripture is very clear, man will be dissolved by the Lords fire in judgement

but then cite a verse that says nothing of the sort.

And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem

Don't fight against Jerusalem, don't get the plague. Seems simple to me.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2021, 05:34:30 PM »
Fenris, do you hold the Rabbinical Talmud as valuable to your faith and understanding of God?
The understanding of God through His commandments, yes.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2021, 05:38:27 PM »
Rather than going through all the effort to explain why the bible doesn't mean what it says, why not try to figure out why this holiday in particular will be celebrated by the nations of the world?

Truth7t7

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2021, 06:00:02 PM »
 it's my opinion you want to make the bible state what Fenris wants it to say, I have clearly explained my position and we disagree

Yes there is a feat of tabernacles seen, but it's going to be in the Eternal kingdom, and not on this earth, that's my opinion and it's not changing

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2021, 06:03:56 PM »
it's my opinion you want to make the bible state what Fenris wants it to say

I don't generally refer to myself in the third person, but maybe I should give it a try.

I have clearly explained my position and we disagree
You have explained your position. But you haven't explained why I should ignore the plain text in favor of your more esoteric explanation.
Yes there is a feat of tabernacles seen,
Why "Tabernacles"? Why doesn't the bible just say "a feast"? It must mean something, no?
but it's going to be in the Eternal kingdom, and not on this earth, that's my opinion and it's not changing
Fenris too shall not change his opinion.

Truth7t7

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2021, 06:08:18 PM »
Esoteric Explanation? Big Smiles

Leave that to those who follow the Esoteric Kabbalah

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2021, 06:10:47 PM »
Esoteric Explanation? Big Smiles