Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Please pray and help me with this  (Read 3168 times)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: Please pray and help me with this
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2022, 04:43:53 PM »
God has predestined all things according to his will and plan and due to his zeal for his own glory.
God is perfect. God has no need for glory. You're mistaking Him for a human being that has desires and needs.

Abigail

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2022, 04:44:25 PM »
The Jewish tradition ascribes original authorship of the Pentateuch, a Greek term, to Moses,the  Rabbinic tradition subscribes to non-Mosaic redaction.
Ummm no. The Rabbinic tradition subscribes to the idea that God Himself wrote what you are calling the "five books of Moses". 

However, being the Sumerian Cuneiform texts are the oldest extant writings in history, thinking an oral tradition that may have been extant earlier and therein nullifies the Cuneiform texts is indefensible. An oral tradition pre-Cuneiform would still predate Genesis.
But why would that be a problem. Nobody believes that the Pentateuch was given to Adam. It was given to the Hebrews during their journey to Israel. That doesn't mean that parts of it weren't carried down orally earlier, and that being the case, corrupted parts of it could make their way into other cultures such as Sumeria.

That's simply untrue. If you believe it is true post the scripture wherein it is stated the Bible is inerrant.
Thinking scholars collaborate to denounce the scripture is paranoia and indefensible when the Bible itself does not state it is perfect.
If the bible is the word of God then by definition it must be inerrant and perfect. If you don't believe that it's the word of God then who cares what it says?

I'm not sure where you are on this curve.

I suggest you study the history of how we got the Bible. You may learn quite a lot you're currently unaware of.
Prior to that, a study of ancient Sumerian culture would assist in that later pursuit.

The Sumerian pictographs , as example, show our solar system with all members including Pluto. Pluto was not discovered by modern man until the early 20th century when we developed a telescope strong enough to find it.

Sumerian pictographs show the continent of Antarctica before the ice shelf appeared. Today's satellite technology has allowed us to map that continent by penetrating the ice shelf. The continent itself is identical to what is depicted in Sumerian texts.
This is news to me. Proof please?

We're going in circles which is not productive. Believe as you insist is true. And God bless.
As per your last request, no. I won't provide proof. You presume to make statements about Bible scholars etc... without proof.
If you wish to know about the Sumerian historic texts seek them out. The onus is usually on the one making the claim. However, since you avoid that in your writings, I reciprocate.

It isn't hard to find.
Ancient Sumerian pictograph Antarctica before the ice, is a search term that should suffice to start you on your journey should you deem it a worthy undertaking.

Abigail

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2022, 04:46:23 PM »
God has predestined all things according to his will and plan and due to his zeal for his own glory.
God is perfect. God has no need for glory. You're mistaking Him for a human being that has desires and needs.
You're making the mistake of not being familiar with the scriptures wherein God's desire for glory are stated numerous times in both Old and New Testaments.
One example by Jesus, who was the Father, himself:
“Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour?’ But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name.’ Then a voice came from heaven, ‘I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again’ " John 12:27-28

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2022, 04:53:12 PM »
We're going in circles which is not productive.
We're not going in circles. I've made perfectly legitimate points that you don't wish to address.

As per your last request, no. I won't provide proof. You presume to make statements about Bible scholars etc... without proof.
I don't "presume" to do anything. I know about Rabbinical Judaism because I've studied it and lived it for decades.  You post links to sites that provide fraudulent information.
It isn't hard to find.
Ancient Sumerian pictograph Antarctica before the ice, is a search term that should suffice to start you on your journey should you deem it a worthy undertaking.
Yup, and I get a bunch of conspiracy sites about ancient aliens visiting earth. Very worthy.

Abigail

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2022, 04:53:51 PM »
Millions if not billions of years old.
And yet Adam only lived 5700 years ago.

Or perhaps we are descended from apes?
Do you understand the Bible is not a historic text? Though it does appear to contain references to parts of history. 

My remarks that you excerpted and that I deleted so as not to lend confusion to this response had no semblance of reference to other religions. That excerpt and my remarks addressed the denominations that exist today and the many versions of the Bible.

FYI: Denominations per this discussion refers to Christianity and Christian denominations. Denominations are understood to be a recognized autonomous branch of the Christian church.

I still don't understand what you meant by this, then

How many denominations, branches of faith, sprang from holding faith in the eternal word of our perfect Father. How many of those are named after men who deemed themselves worthy of being the father of those ideologies/denominations.

OK.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2022, 04:54:40 PM »
You're making the mistake of not being familiar with the scriptures wherein God's desire for glory are stated numerous times in both Old and New Testaments.
One example by Jesus, who was the Father, himself:
“Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour?’ But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name.’ Then a voice came from heaven, ‘I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again’ " John 12:27-28
God saying that He has done something isn't the same as saying that He desires something. C'mon, you're making this too easy.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2022, 04:56:09 PM »
Do you understand the Bible is not a historic text?
No, it's a religious text. But it makes claims about the creation of the world. If you don't believe those, then why do you believe anything else the bible says?

Abigail

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2022, 04:59:23 PM »
We're going in circles which is not productive.
We're not going in circles. I've made perfectly legitimate points that you don't wish to address.
To the contrary. You ignore what I address and repeat your own thoughts. Including references to Tolkien.

I don't "presume" to do anything. I know about Rabbinical Judaism because I've studied it and lived it for decades.  You post links to sites that provide fraudulent information.[/quote] That's slander. And you didn't read what I said. "Rabbinic tradition subscribes to non-Mosaic redaction." 

It isn't hard to find.
Yup, and I get a bunch of conspiracy sites about ancient aliens visiting earth. Very worthy.
[/quote]

This tells me what I knew early on in your writings. You're not interested in learning beyond what you presume to know and shall be unmoved from, regardless of errors.
The archeological record and catalog isn't a conspiracy theory.

Please, continue as you are.

Abigail

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2022, 05:01:04 PM »
Thank you all for your time. I made the mistake of thinking there were Christians here who would respect a dialog that seeks to ask for prayers, which were not at all forthcoming, and assistance in understanding.

Not cutting remarks, personal attacks, and all that is apparent in these few pages.

I appreciate your being who you are. And for that evidence allowing me to no longer waste valuable God given life's time.

Be Blessed.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2022, 05:08:17 PM »
To the contrary. You ignore what I address and repeat your own thoughts. Including references to Tolkien.
That wasn't me.
That's slander.
Then don't link to sites that provide fraudulent information.

And you didn't read what I said. "Rabbinic tradition subscribes to non-Mosaic redaction." 
Rabbinic tradition does nothing of the sort.

This tells me what I knew early on in your writings. You're not interested in learning beyond what you presume to know and shall be unmoved from, regardless of errors.
I am very interested in learning, which is why I surfed on in here."Ancient aliens visit Sumeria" isn't what I had in mind though.

The archeological record and catalog isn't a conspiracy theory.
:o

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2022, 05:09:25 PM »
Thank you all for your time. I made the mistake of thinking there were Christians here who would respect a dialog that seeks to ask for prayers, which were not at all forthcoming, and assistance in understanding.
You're not looking for prayers. You appear to be trying to undermine people's faith in the bible.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2022, 05:54:44 PM »

Not cutting remarks, personal attacks, and all that is apparent in these few pages.

I appreciate your being who you are. And for that evidence allowing me to no longer waste valuable God given life's time.

Be Blessed.

No you made the mistake of thinking we were a bunch of post modernists

You then proceeded to assume disagreement with you is a personal attack

You never told us what you needed prayer for

You made the mistake of thinking that we would pay you on the back. tell you how smart you are, and how we are obviously a bunch of neophytes

Sorry but your post modern approach to life doesn’t impress us much

And by the way, Jesus is not the Father himself

Hope you either find someone to agree and affirm your life worldview and theology or the truth, whichever you truly seek
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2022, 06:02:22 PM »

Be Blessed.

Your entire entry appears to be a ruse. Don't blame us.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2022, 11:09:11 PM »

Be Blessed.

We (this group) are not a voice that always speaks as one. But there was some common agreement on some matters, indicating that your concerns are based on some presumptions that do not follow logically.

If you see only with these presumptions in mind, perhaps the problem is your unwillingness to address the possibility that you're giving too much credence to ancient material that is inaccurate and too little credence to material that screams *divine revelation?* If so, it's no wonder you ask for prayer.

I'm very happy to pray that God speaks to you. He does a much better job than any of us can do! Again, it is the *message* that indicates what material gives not just facts but spiritual truth. That informs you what is likely more credible and what should be studied with a lot of skepticism.

Some things are more easily checked by science and some things are more elusive, in particular ancient material. And since science does not disprove the Bible, we should focus on the message more than on the liberal theologians who have challenged the Bible for generations and have failed time and again to prove the Bible false.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2022, 05:52:40 AM »
Abigail is banned. Didn't care for the OP, hoped I was wrong, disappointed I wasn't, good riddance. Boring and obvious.

I especially don't care for anyone pretending to be learned while peddling the ideas of Sitchin. Unreal.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:42:20 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
May 15, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris