Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: The two princes of Dan 9 both godly  (Read 3133 times)

RandyPNW

• View Profile
Re: The two princes of Dan 9 both godly
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2022, 09:49:20 PM »

Here goes what JESUS said about the prince, who has nothing to do with any Roman prince as you believe:
I'm with Randy on this one.  Vespasian actually presided over the destruction of Jerusalem during the timeframe in question, which is exactly what the "prince" is supposed to do. The end time prophecies about Jerusalem are for the most part very positive, as I posted above.

It will be, I think, like a woman having a child. It will be painful, but the result will be a beautiful child. Israel will be reborn as a nation in covenant with God, and will achieve great vindication among the nations as God's People. I just believe that other nations will have followed suit. :)

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2022, 09:56:06 PM »
Here goes what JESUS said about the prince, who has nothing to do with any Roman prince as you believe:

John 12:v.31 -  Now is the Judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world (Devil's world) be cast out.[/color]

John 14:v.30 ... the prince of this world (PRINCE OF THE WORLD OF DEVIL) cometh, and hath nothing in me-SAID JESUS, COURSE.

The prince of the world, in this particular context, refers to Satan--not to the Roman prince. It is a reference to the fact Jesus had power over the demons and over Satan himself, and was willing to annul the guilt imposed upon mankind by this evil angel.

Angels were given the power to exercise God's justice on earth. Such was the case with the cherubim in the garden, who guarded the way back to the Tree of Life. Men were found to be delegitimized among those with access to eternal life, and angels enforce this decision.

Christ's point was that through him mankind can be liberated from this guilt, and may have renewed access to eternal life. The "prince," therefore, refers to Satan, and not to the Roman prince.

There is nothing in here about the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. It is all about Satan's inability to judge the sinless Christ, which we also see in the Man-child prophecy of Rev 12.

Rev 12.4 The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

Jesus may or may not have had Dan 9 in mind, along with what I believe was the "Roman prince." But Daniel was a book that saw angelic forces behind political events. And perhaps Jesus was acknowledging that Satan was behind the Roman oppression of Jerusalem and its ultimate destruction?

Nevertheless, the event was not to be the end of Israel. Otherwise, the prophecy would never have been given. The removal of temple protection would lead to a long period of Jewish despair. But in the end salvation would come to Israel.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 10:02:31 PM by RandyPNW »

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2022, 11:02:13 PM »
It is all about Satan's inability to judge the sinless Christ, which we also see in the Man-child prophecy of Rev 12.

Rev 12.4 The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

Revelation was written around 65 years after JESUS ascension.  The book of Revelation of Jesus Christ, GOD gave unto JESUS, to show unto His servants things which must come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John.  JOHN said: I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then said he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship GOD.  JESUS, the Word made flesh is GOD. The Word is GOD, understand?

JOHN bare record of the Word of GOD, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ -THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS IS THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY- , and of all things that he saw.

JESUS was not speaking of Himself in Revelation 12, the woman clothed with the sun -JESUS is the Sun-the Greater Light-, and the moon under her feet- who receives light of the Sun-JESUS- is the Lesser Light- NOTE that the moon has no light in itself, it has no light of its own, the moon reflects the light of the Sun, the light of JESUS, as is written in John 16:v.12 to 15.

JESUS was not speaking of Himself after 65 years of His ascension in Revelation 12, no, absolutely no. And the Woman is not Israel. The man child is not JESUS.  JESUS will not born again in this current time of Apocalypse.
The woman is not neither the 144K which will be sealed from now on or in this current time. Revelation 7:v.2-4:

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the East, having the seal of the living GOD: and he cried with a loud voicae to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth -Israel- and the sea-ALL Gentile nations-,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees-the Christians/believers of Churches-, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads -144K-.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

The Man-child is ... another, not JESUS.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:06:02 PM by Oseas »

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:42:20 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
May 15, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM