Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Chronology  (Read 5760 times)

JoshuaStone7

Re: Chronology
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2021, 01:55:25 AM »
However, I don't want to get the discussion dispersed across threads.

That's why I directed you away from my Thread here on chronology to the Thread on Preterism vs. futurist.

Response: The Temple Sanctuary

I ended up answering you anyway. Didn't you read that?
Chronology #25

Dude, you're getting lost. You'll want to delete this post #29 here, and post #5 in The Temple Sanctuary.

I never sent you there to post your question again. I sent you there to read my reply to you in post #4 that you have completely missed.

Read post #4 in The Temple Sanctuary. Delete Post #5 there, and delete post #29 here, and I'll take care of mine.... (facepalm)

Joshua
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 01:57:09 AM by JoshuaStone7 »

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2021, 02:28:26 AM »
What's worse, one man being persecuted, or one million men being persecuted?

The latter, but that's irrelevant to the distinction between the AntiChrist and those with a spirit of anti-Christ (1 John 4:3).
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2021, 08:41:12 AM »

The latter, but that's irrelevant to the distinction between the AntiChrist and those with a spirit of anti-Christ (1 John 4:3).
It's not irrelevant to the one being persecuted. 1Jn 4:3 says antichrist is a spirit in the world. Then John says,

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1Jn.4:4

Of course he's talking about people being directed by an evil spirit, but that's all "The Antichrist" is. Consider Antichrist as one body, motivated by Satan, the way we are one body in the Lord. Jesus said,

And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? Act.9:4

Paul was persecuting believers.

the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony...Rev.12;10-11

It's the devil who is defeated by faith in Jesus. Principalities, powers, spiritual wickedness in high places.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2021, 12:16:26 PM »
However, I don't want to get the discussion dispersed across threads.

That's why I directed you away from my Thread here on chronology to the Thread on Preterism vs. futurist.

Response: The Temple Sanctuary

I ended up answering you anyway. Didn't you read that?
Chronology #25

Dude, you're getting lost. You'll want to delete this post #29 here, and post #5 in The Temple Sanctuary.

I never sent you there to post your question again. I sent you there to read my reply to you in post #4 that you have completely missed.

Read post #4 in The Temple Sanctuary. Delete Post #5 there, and delete post #29 here, and I'll take care of mine.... (facepalm)

Joshua

This is why I told you that I prefer not being sent to another thread, because it gets confusing. Again, I suggest you bring up the pertinent issues in the thread that you're on, and in another thread deal with all of the pertinent issues there. It may require some repetition, but it saves on the confusion.

I'm going to leave things as they are because I feel like I've understood your points, and have answered them. If you think I haven't explain where I haven't answered them.

And you want me to delete the very points I made in response to your reference? Why? Why isn't repeating the same questions clarification instead of obfuscation? It sounds like you just don't want to be asked? Or, perhaps you're saying that you don't *agree* with my responses, making it sound like I didn't read or didn't understand your points. I do!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 12:25:08 PM by RandyPNW »

JoshuaStone7

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2021, 12:30:00 PM »

I'm going to leave things as they are because I feel like I've understood your points, and have answered them. If you think I haven't explain where I haven't answered them.

And you want me to delete the very points I made in response to your reference? Why? Why isn't repeating the same questions clarification instead of obfuscation? It sounds like you just don't want to be asked? Or, perhaps you're saying that you don't *agree* with my responses, making it sound like I didn't read or didn't understand your points. I do!

OMG (facepalm) You still haven't read my response. I answered all of your questions in Post #4 and then you kept posting without reading it.

I know you haven't read it and haven't answered it because in it I say no Jews died in Jerusalem in 70 CE.

I answered you, and you never read it. You're having a conversation with yourself...lol

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2021, 03:02:14 PM »
It's not irrelevant to the one being persecuted. 1Jn 4:3 says antichrist is a spirit in the world. Then John says,

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1Jn.4:4

Of course he's talking about people being directed by an evil spirit, but that's all "The Antichrist" is. Consider Antichrist as one body, motivated by Satan, the way we are one body in the Lord. Jesus said,

And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? Act.9:4

Paul was persecuting believers.

the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony...Rev.12;10-11

It's the devil who is defeated by faith in Jesus. Principalities, powers, spiritual wickedness in high places.

What is the one being persecuted going to say?

- Oh how unfair, I'm the only one being persecuted, it's so wrong!
- Oh how terrible, look at all the people being persecuted, it's so wrong!
- Oh gee golly I'm being martyred; Justin will welcome me with open arms!

I truly don't see the relevance of the question to anything I've written in this thread.

But anyway, you go on to say:

"Consider Antichrist as one body, motivated by Satan, the way we are one body in the Lord."

But then you quote:

"It's the devil who is defeated by faith in Jesus."

I don't know that I understand what you're trying to convey. You say that AntiChrist is one body motivated by Satan, but it's Satan who is overthrown, along with all the little antiChrists... so there's a difference between them, or there's not?

What's your actual view, anyway? Do you think there's going to be an Anti-Christ and mark of the beast and all that?

JoshuaStone7

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2021, 06:59:42 PM »

The Remembrance Days

"These are the LORD’s appointed festivals, the sacred assemblies you are to proclaim at their appointed times." Lev 23:4

Christ Jesus fulfilled the spring holidays of Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, and Pentecost. Still yet to be fulfilled are the fall festivals of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Tabernacles. These remembrance days will, in like manner, be fulfilled through our Lord Christ Jesus at His second coming and will be fulfilled through the lunar-solar calendar.

“‘These are the Lord’s appointed festivals, the sacred assemblies you are to proclaim at their appointed times.” Lev 23:4

The woman in Rev 12 is clothed in the sun with the moon at her feet. This woman who gives birth to the light of the world, Jesus, is that same woman in Gen 3:15 and the means by which YHWH was to separate the light from the darkness. Through the lunar-solar calendar, Christ Jesus would fulfill the Spring remembrance days in their appointed times.

“For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay” Hab 2:3

“A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.” Rev 12:1

The Hebrews used a lunisolar calendar. The months were based on the lunar cycle, while the years were based on that of the solar procession. Consequently, a month or a day was added periodically to equalize the lunar calendar with the solar. In so doing, the holy days yet to be fulfilled do not always fall on the same day every year, in conjunction with the Gregorian calendar. In other words, the days between the holiday contract and stretch depend on the times studied.

In fact, we find that over 2,300 days, the holy days yet to be fulfilled vary by the number of days in between them, depending on the decades studied. Ultimately, after calculations spanning more than a century before our time and a century still future, there are only a handful of times in each century when these holy days line up with Daniel’s chronology.

Let me give you an example: September 10, 2018, marked the first day of Rosh Hashana (Trumpets). Starting from that date and ending 2,300 days later, on December 26, 2024, you come to the holy day of Hanukkah, a remembrance our Lord observed, marking the cleansing of the Holy Place during the Maccabean revolt of 167–160 BCE. Seventy-five days before this, on October 12, 2024, we find the holy day of Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement), which is the day in the end when our Father’s spiritual temple is reestablished on earth in completion of the 1,260 days.

Now, 2018 did not usher in the beginning of the time of the end and the arrival of God’s kingdom; however, using this current structure, one finds that 2029–2035 and 2032–2038 also coincide with the holy days yet to be fulfilled and the chronology set out in the book of Daniel.

Now I'm not setting dates, nor am I claiming the end will come at any specific time here. What I am showing is that this is obviously the work of our Lord and the means by which He will bring about His final kingdom.

All love...

Joshua

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2021, 08:45:53 PM »

OMG (facepalm) You still haven't read my response. I answered all of your questions in Post #4 and then you kept posting without reading it.

I know you haven't read it and haven't answered it because in it I say no Jews died in Jerusalem in 70 CE.

I answered you, and you never read it. You're having a conversation with yourself...lol

Calm down--it's all good. I've had to be gone all day. I'll get to your questions now. I apologize if we're missing on all cylinders--I'll take responsibility. ;)

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2021, 06:56:08 AM »
What is the one being persecuted going to say?

- Oh how unfair, I'm the only one being persecuted, it's so wrong!
- Oh how terrible, look at all the people being persecuted, it's so wrong!
- Oh gee golly I'm being martyred; Justin will welcome me with open arms!
Every believer who suffers injustice should understand,

ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings 1Pet.4:3

if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps 1Pet.2:20-21

I truly don't see the relevance of the question to anything I've written in this thread.

But anyway, you go on to say:

"Consider Antichrist as one body, motivated by Satan, the way we are one body in the Lord."

But then you quote:

"It's the devil who is defeated by faith in Jesus."

I don't know that I understand what you're trying to convey. You say that AntiChrist is one body motivated by Satan, but it's Satan who is overthrown, along with all the little antiChrists... so there's a difference between them, or there's not?
Except for the opportunity to repent, apparently not. The Bible says the lake of fire was prepared for the devil and his angels, but the only ones described being cast into that fire are the devil and the unrepentant.

What's your actual view, anyway? Do you think there's going to be an Anti-Christ and mark of the beast and all that?
Of course, but our Lord's words are personal to every believer. There have been many antichrists throughout history persecuting believers  (Mt.5:12, Heb.11:37). The persecution they endured is no less horrific than it will be at any other time. So, the "end times" become the times of our own very short lives.
[/quote]

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2021, 07:03:38 AM »
You know, eschatology is perhaps interesting, but seriously, after about 10 posts, I hear this:

Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2021, 10:40:03 AM »
You know, eschatology is perhaps interesting, but seriously, after about 10 posts, I hear this:

Yes, funny, but on a more serious note, eschatology was said by Jesus to *not* be about calculating the times and seasons. That's more fun than we're allowed.

Portraying the Antichrist in movies is corny, and Pretrib Rapture movies, with the sudden disappearance of the Church, is silly. If we want to enjoy guessing what will happen, try to interpret Nostradamus or something? Maybe take up a study of numerology?

True biblical eschatology is indeed difficult to interpret, like interpreting tongues. Reading Revelation, or any apocalyptic work for that matter, requires a lot of study in the Prophets. There's no short cuts. In the end, Jesus said reading...and doing...the Revelation is a blessing.

So as much as I enjoy your humor about this, I'd just like to provide a little balance. I hope that's okay? I don't in the least mean to discourage your videos! I like them! And there's a lot of truth in it.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2021, 10:49:49 AM »
Oh, I'm find with that.

I'm mostly preterist except when I'm partial pretribulational midweek postmillenialist.

Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

JoshuaStone7

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2021, 11:32:43 AM »
serious note, eschatology was said by Jesus to *not* be about calculating the times and seasons. That's more fun than we're allowed.

Curious: Didn't Jesus tell His disciples not to concern themselves with when He would return the kingdom to Israel? Didn't Jesus condemn the people of His day for not understanding the times and seasons in which they lived?

Can you share how you apply our Lord's words to His disciples to us?

Joshua
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 11:36:00 AM by JoshuaStone7 »

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2021, 12:03:00 PM »
Didn't Jesus condemn the people of His day for not understanding the times and seasons in which they lived?

Can you share how you apply our Lord's words to His disciples to us?

Joshua

Do you mean Luke 12 or another Scripture? In Luke 12 Jesus' words seem directed at people who refused to accept the evidence of who He was, vs., them failing to understand entirely.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2021, 12:25:37 PM »
I guess I have to ask for a definition of "times" and "season".

The "last days" have been upon us since the 1st century. 

The "season" Jesus referenced was, if I remember correctly, the issue of "the coming of the Kingdom," which He announced as being the presence of the King.  I personally don't think it had anything to do with the 2nd coming.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:42:20 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
May 15, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris