Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Habakkuk's End Time Word  (Read 5740 times)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: Habakkuk's End Time Word
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2021, 10:00:37 AM »
That interpretation would be consistent with either a preterist or partial preterist view from a Christian perspective as well.
I don't believe that all the prophecies have already occurred. But some clearly have. Those pertaining to the temple's destruction, obviously. I would posit Daniel 9 as well. Some have yet to occur, like Ezekiel 37, or the entire last third of the book of Isaiah.

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2021, 10:18:32 AM »
As I've already said (sigh), this could be a warning instead of a prophecy. From the year of Daniel's vision, they have 490 years to set things right. By 104 BC, Alexander Yannai will ascend the throne and things completely fall apart; the Romans end up occupying Judea, leading to the Jewish revolt, the destruction of the temple and a 2,000 year Jewish diaspora. This isn't speculation, it's historical fact.

Daniel 9:v.21-25KJV

21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation. And he INFORMED me, and talked with me, and said; 23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
Daniel 9:v.24KJV: - GOD revealed to Daniel that 70 weeks (490 years) was determined upon His people, and upon the holy city for finishing :

(1) the transgression -
(2) to make an end of sins,
(3) to make reconciliation for iniquity,
(4) to bring in everlasting righteousness,
(5) to seal up the vision and prophecy,
(6) to anoint the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks:

Alexander Yannai is your messiah?
He finished
(1) the transgression?
(2) makes an end of sins,?
(3) makes reconciliation for iniquity,?
(4) brings in everlasting righteousness,?
(5) to seal up the vision and PROPHECY,?
(6) to anoint the most Holy.?

Who is being the deceiver, Gabriel or you?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 10:21:42 AM by Oseas »

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2021, 09:39:38 AM »
Daniel 9:v.24KJV: - GOD revealed to Daniel that 70 weeks (490 years) was determined upon His people, and upon the holy city for finishing :
Ok, so again. This isn't necessarily a prophecy. It could be a warning. "You guys have 490 years to get things straightened out or else..."

Alexander Yannai is your messiah?
OK, so again. The word means "messiah" simply means "anointed". It's a poetic way of saying "king" as all kings at that time were anointed upon ascending the throne. Cyrus in Isaiah 45 is also referred to as "anointed", why isn't he "the messiah"?  You're refusing to translate the word because you like the implications of the word here. But it's also being dishonest.

He finished
The "anointed" isn't supposed to finish anything. It's a timeframe. By the time this "anointed king" ascends the throne, if the Jewish people haven't settled these matters, they will be out of time. As historically happened.

Who's mistranslating words because they like the theological implications, you or me?

Pablo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2021, 06:07:58 PM »
Is it possible that we are at the very end of time, that is in Revelation 16 where God is pouring out the 6th vial upon the face of the earth.

America who represents Babylon is broken and is ready to fall, and as soon as Babylon falls the end will be upon us.

America rules the world and is Babylon and God is raining down punishment on her and also on the rest of the world. But the fall of Babylon is the sign post that will tell us that we are there.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2021, 06:22:52 PM »

If you want to continue contributing you'll not say such things going forward.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2021, 07:13:55 PM »
Is it possible that we are at the very end of time
I think that's a good possibility. Of course, people have said that and been wrong before so who knows.

America rules the world and is Babylon and God is raining down punishment on her
I think this is an odd comment. America is probably the best and most moral nation the world has ever seen (barring perhaps Israel under king David and Solomon?) Why would America need to be "punished"? Everyone else is so moral?

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2021, 07:29:54 PM »
I think this is an odd comment. America is probably the best and most moral nation the world has ever seen (barring perhaps Israel under king David and Solomon?) Why would America need to be "punished"? Everyone else is so moral?

America has abandoned God, obviously, or why else would there be all those men who think they're women running around. (Sarcasm, clearly.)

Pablo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2021, 07:40:04 AM »
Is it possible that we are at the very end of time
I think that's a good possibility. Of course, people have said that and been wrong before so who knows.

America rules the world and is Babylon and God is raining down punishment on her

That is the impression that is promulgated throughout the entire world. And the book of Revelations states the the whole world will be deceived.

Deception does not come with 2 horns and a tail etc etc etc, but rather as an angel of light.

As you know America is not just a great country in it's own right, but for many decades America has ruled the entire world, exporting it's customs, it's ideology and everything else to the rest of the world, which really are it's satellites.

It has only been in recent years that it is now being challenged seriously by other countries in the east, namely China and Russia.

Homosexuality, probably the greatest sin in the bible, it's main proponent is the United States, who proposes that all other countries who do not agree with and promote homosexuality are abusing human rights and abusing mankind.

I am not here to promote or excuse any country in the world, because as Christians of the last days, we are in the world but not of the world, and as such do not participate in the things of the world including politics, because they are not our business.

Our only business is the kingdom of God because the things of the world will all be destroyed by God and the only thing left standing will be the kingdom of God.

We walk by faith and not by sight and thus we can certainly be tricked if we try to use our man-made intelligence in discerning the things that we see (with our natural eyes) going on in the world. A great delusion will come upon Christians in these last days, causing a falling away from the truth.

Truly the truth shall be called a lie and a lie will be called the truth. Truly the kingdom of Satan is upon us all who cannot discern the truth from a lie.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 07:44:29 AM by Pablo »

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2021, 09:38:28 AM »

If you want to continue contributing you'll not say such things going forward.

Revelation 22:v.11-15and 18
18 For I testify unto every MAN that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, GOD shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Get ready

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: (it won't be clean, no, never more) and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and MAKETH A LIE.

Matthew 25:v.10-12
10 And they that were ready went in with Him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Who to the right, to the right, who to the left, to the left.

Get ready
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 09:40:11 AM by Oseas »

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2021, 10:22:18 AM »
I have no idea why that is posted or what I’m supposed to think about it
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2021, 02:50:56 PM »
That is the impression that is promulgated throughout the entire world. And the book of Revelations states the the whole world will be deceived.

Deception does not come with 2 horns and a tail etc etc etc, but rather as an angel of light.

As you know America is not just a great country in it's own right, but for many decades America has ruled the entire world, exporting it's customs, it's ideology and everything else to the rest of the world, which really are it's satellites.

It has only been in recent years that it is now being challenged seriously by other countries in the east, namely China and Russia.

Homosexuality, probably the greatest sin in the bible, it's main proponent is the United States, who proposes that all other countries who do not agree with and promote homosexuality are abusing human rights and abusing mankind.

I am not here to promote or excuse any country in the world, because as Christians of the last days, we are in the world but not of the world, and as such do not participate in the things of the world including politics, because they are not our business.

Our only business is the kingdom of God because the things of the world will all be destroyed by God and the only thing left standing will be the kingdom of God.

We walk by faith and not by sight and thus we can certainly be tricked if we try to use our man-made intelligence in discerning the things that we see (with our natural eyes) going on in the world. A great delusion will come upon Christians in these last days, causing a falling away from the truth.

Truly the truth shall be called a lie and a lie will be called the truth. Truly the kingdom of Satan is upon us all who cannot discern the truth from a lie.

A wise Bible teacher of mine many years ago told us that one of the marks of a true prophet of God is that when he speaks of judgment, he *weeps.* That is, he thinks of the innocents in a country where wicked people live and rule. Judgment will affect everybody, guilty and innocent alike.

The U.S., I agree, is guilty of immorality and colonialist kinds of activities, using its military might to preserve its favored economic and trade status. Our foreign policy has not just been guided by the interest of promoting democratic principles, but also with a mind to maintain its economic wealth and military supremacy.

That being said, the U.S. is far from the most "adventurous" country in the world, and certainly has had greater principles of justice and compassion than many countries in the world. And it certainly isn't' in political control over all of the countries of the world, even though it has been the dominant superpower for a number of years.

It really sounds like you just want to peg the "Harlot Babylon" label on her, and then make the designation fit? Quite frankly, I think that is an errant interpretation, leaving aside the fact the peg doesn't fit the hole.

Keep in mind that many, many good Christians and good people of other religions live in the U.S., and are insulted by your broad application. Try to focus on those in the U.S. who are pushing evil agendas, and don't group all peoples in the U.S. as one?

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2021, 06:44:31 PM »
The heavens(the FIRST two heavens, the 3rd heaven is the next. Heaven(s) has nothing to do with sky) and the earth, which ARE NOW, by the same Word -Word of GOD- are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2021, 07:24:01 PM »

Oh man, Fenris, look, I nailed it.

Pablo, the countries of the world are not America's satellites (well, there is that one Rammstein song). Homosexuality isn't the greatest sin in the bible.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2021, 10:04:05 AM »
That is the impression that is promulgated throughout the entire world.
You mean as opposed to China, where they use slave labor, or North Korea, where the whole country is a giant concentration camp? Or maybe Iran, where they stone women who were the victims of rape?

I don't think you know what's going on in the world at all. If you did, why would you ignore those most grievous sins and instead concentrate on America, the greatest force for good in the world right now?

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2021, 10:05:48 AM »
Oh man, Fenris, look, I nailed it.
Sweet! I think this solidifies your bona fides as a prophet!

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
July 03, 2024, 12:27:20 AM

woke by ProDeo
June 28, 2024, 04:08:07 AM

The Rejection of Rejection by Fenris
June 27, 2024, 01:15:58 PM

Eschatology - Introduction PLEASE READ by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:39:59 AM

Baptism and Communion by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:35:20 AM

Faith and peace by Stephen Andrew