Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: - Following Christ Will Be Worth It All –  (Read 1607 times)

Abednego+2

• View Profile
- Following Christ Will Be Worth It All –
« on: June 12, 2021, 11:40:09 PM »
Romans 5:8, “God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us”

John 14:3, “I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also”

My brethren, regardless of whether you’re new in the faith or a longtime veteran, you’re most likely experiencing struggles, challenges and heartaches, not to mention strong opposition from satan, and fierce hatred from a world that opposes Christ and His precious Word. However, if the journey seems too much to bear, remember that Christ gave us the example, game plan, and final destination for those of us who follow after Him in obedience. He experienced the ultimate test of suffering by going through the crucifixion experience, but, through great endurance, He persevered and was ultimately raised to new life, achieving the beautiful result of salvation for those who believe, which at the end of life’s journey the Lord awaits for us in heaven.

The 19th-century lecturer Wendell Phillips was deeply devoted to his invalid wife. His speaking engagements often required him to be away from her. At the close of a lecture one night in a town many miles from his home in Boston, Phillips’ friends urged him not to attempt to return home until morning. “The last train has left,” they said, “and you will have to hire special transportation into the city. It is cold and sleeting, and you face many miles of rough riding before you arrive home.” He replied, “But at the other end of those miles I shall find my beloved Anne.” We who love Jesus Christ can press on through life’s trials because at journey’s end we know Jesus is waiting for us. His promise glows like the morning star in the darkness: “… where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:3).

Closing thoughts:

For those who don’t know Jesus as Savior, He died so we could live. His death on Calvary’s cross wasn’t an accident or a surprise to God. It was an absolute necessity in God’s perfect plan for our salvation. In the New Testament, Jesus told great stories, not just stories, and parables alluding to things people could expect when they decided to follow Him with all their heart and mind. Their decision to follow Him (a drastic change) would bring joy and happiness in the end, but their journey would be long, hard and painful at times.

However, the cost of being a disciple of Jesus Christ would be worth it all in the end. Those who truly follow Jesus Christ know the end of the story: eternal life in heaven with Him. It’s an ending that is well worth the struggle here on earth. Thus, God’s Word promises eternal life in Heaven to all who receive and remain faithful to Christ. I John 5:11-13 puts it this way, "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.”

(1) My friend, the only way to approach God is on His terms. He makes the rules, not man. His Word clearly states that you must receive the forgiveness from sin that He offers to you through His Son, Jesus Christ.

(2) The questions then must be asked, have you accepted Jesus, the Lamb of God, as your Savior from sin? If not, you should, because you don’t know how much time you have left on this earth!

(3) For those who know Jesus Christ as Savior, someday you will see the face of the One who gave Himself for your salvation. You will see your Savior and be like Him. That is why we sing, “It will be worth it all, when we see Jesus.”

We are saved not by what we do but by what Christ has done for us.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by Athanasius
Today at 04:37:15 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Oscar_Kipling
Today at 03:29:45 PM

In Jesus name, Amen by ProDeo
September 14, 2024, 03:18:27 AM

Is free will a failed concept? by Athanasius
August 26, 2024, 07:53:30 AM

Was the Father's will always subordinate to the Son's will? by CrimsonTide21
August 23, 2024, 11:08:52 AM

Faith and peace by CrimsonTide21