Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: The Next Prophesied Event  (Read 12902 times)

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
Re: The Next Prophesied Event
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2021, 01:22:45 AM »
After that: Ezekiel 37:26-28 I shall make an everlasting covenant with Israel.   My sanctuary will be in their midst, I will be their God and they will be My people. Quote Keraz

This will happen, soon, speedily within our days. Quote Fenris

This I fully agree with.
Three things mentioned:
1/ An everlasting Covenant with Israel. A lot of people, Christians; believe this Covenant was made in the first Century, at the Last Supper, or when the Disciples received the holy Spirit at Pentecost. They are wrong.
It awaits the time when all the families of Israel are gathered into all of the holy Land. Jeremiah 31:1 and then Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Hebrews 8:8-12 will come to pass.

2/ The new Temple will be built in Jerusalem, to the glory of God. Zechariah 6:15

3/ many prophesies, esp in Ezekiel say how His people will know the Lord by His actions, not yet by His Presence.
As it was with the ancient Israelites. All these things will happen before Jesus Returns, then the Millennium will be quite a different situation, as per Zechariah 14:16-21
Writer of Bible Prophecy articles: logostelos.info

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2021, 10:02:37 AM »
This I fully agree with.
Three things mentioned:
1/ An everlasting Covenant with Israel. A lot of people, Christians; believe this Covenant was made in the first Century, at the Last Supper, or when the Disciples received the holy Spirit at Pentecost. They are wrong.
It awaits the time when all the families of Israel are gathered into all of the holy Land. Jeremiah 31:1 and then Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Hebrews 8:8-12 will come to pass.
Yes, this covenant is yet to come. So we agree on that.

2/ The new Temple will be built in Jerusalem, to the glory of God. Zechariah 6:15
Agree, there will be a third temple built in Jerusalem. Ezekiel 40-48 describes it in great detail.
3/ many prophesies, esp in Ezekiel say how His people will know the Lord by His actions, not yet by His Presence.
As it was with the ancient Israelites. All these things will happen before Jesus Returns, then the Millennium will be quite a different situation, as per Zechariah 14:16-21
Specifically we await verse 9 "And the Lord shall become King over all the earth; on that day shall the Lord be one, and His name one."

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2021, 12:38:56 PM »
Thanks Fenris, we do agree on many things.

Points 1 and 2 will happen before Jesus Returns.
Point 3, Zechariah 14:9 and all of Zechariah 14:3-21, will take place after the Lord is physically present.

Jimbo

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2021, 04:11:50 PM »

Point 3, Zechariah 14:9 and all of Zechariah 14:3-21, will take place after the Lord is physically present.
Keraz,

I have a few questions.

What calendar are you going by?  Gregorian or Jewish-Hebrew calendar?

And...

If the sixth seal is next on the agenda, that means the first five have already opened.  Can you tell me what events fulfilled seals 1-5?

I didn't read every reply on the thread so forgive me if you've already answered.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 09:26:16 PM by Jimbo »

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2021, 10:14:09 PM »

Keraz,

I have a few questions.

And...

If the sixth seal is next on the agenda, that means the first five have already opened.  Can you tell me what events fulfilled seals 1-5?

I didn't read every reply on the thread so forgive me if you've already answered.
My normal life is timed to the Gregorian calendar.
My Spiritual life is timed to God's calendar, which started with day one, when Adam received his soul/spirit.
Give or take a year or two, we are now at year 5991 since Adam.  As added from the Bible time periods and from historical facts.

The Jewish calendar has an error of about 240 years missing. They actually admit this.

The first five Seals were opened by Jesus at His Ascension.
We have experienced terrible wars, famines, plagues and economic disasters since then. Much worse and mankind would not have survived.
The Fifth Seal is open, proved by all the martyrs since Stephen and continuing today.

The Sixth Seal is the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, the forthcoming reset of our civilization. As He did before, in the days of Noah.

Jimbo

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2021, 10:37:16 PM »

I have a few questions.

And...

My normal life is timed to the Gregorian calendar.
My Spiritual life is timed to God's calendar, which started with day one, when Adam received his soul/spirit.
Give or take a year or two, we are now at year 5991 since Adam.  As added from the Bible time periods and from historical facts.

The Jewish calendar has an error of about 240 years missing. They actually admit this.

The first five Seals were opened by Jesus at His Ascension.
We have experienced terrible wars, famines, plagues and economic disasters since then. Much worse and mankind would not have survived.
The Fifth Seal is open, proved by all the martyrs since Stephen and continuing today.

The Sixth Seal is the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, the forthcoming reset of our civilization. As He did before, in the days of Noah.

The four horsemen are end-time prophetic indicators.  They open just prior to the tribulation as an indication of bigger more serious things to come.  They give us the 'opening signs' of the end-times and show us that the fulfillment of the rest of the book of Revelation is upon us.

Each horse has a rider that I think can be identified by the event and circumstances associated with the seal.  To say these seals opened centuries ago defeats their purpose of even being called a seal.

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2021, 04:42:11 AM »
I proved that the first five Seals must be open now.
The Fifth Seal refers to all the martyrs since Stephen, the millions whose souls are kept under the Altar in heaven. Revelation 6:9-11

We await the Sixth Seal world changer.  It will be triggered by an attempt to wipe Israel off the map.

Jimbo

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2021, 08:16:20 AM »
The Fifth Seal refers to all the martyrs since Stephen, the millions whose souls are kept under the Altar in heaven. Revelation 6:9-11

We await the Sixth Seal world changer.  It will be triggered by an attempt to wipe Israel off the map.
Can you direct me to the page where you 'proved' the first five seals are opened?  I agree with the fifth seal but that seal appears to be kind of a silent one.

Jimbo

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2021, 08:22:21 AM »
That people fail to see it is because they have already decided what they want God to do for them, or else it is just the general apathy and avoidance of the Prophetic Word of Christians and most pastors.

Or maybe you're just wrong. Maybe these people understand the eschatological significance of their lives here-and-now and don't fixate on, for example, end-times wet dreams of Israel getting nuked. Maybe this next prophecy of yours has already been heard before in recent memory: World War I? World War II? The cold war?

The world is always on the brink, but I guess someone is going to be just lucky enough to be peddling their wares when - if as understood - it actually happens, and then they'll be the person to claim, when the nukes drop, 'see, I told you all!' Obviously, this would be the most appropriate moment to bathe in the knowledge that one was right -- as the death toll rises.

I'm convinced nukes are used somewhere - sometime since they are prophesied in Zechariah and the Revelation 17 beast burns the harlot with fire which is likely a nuke.

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2021, 05:38:45 PM »

Can you direct me to the page where you 'proved' the first five seals are opened?  I agree with the fifth seal but that seal appears to be kind of a silent one.
The proof that the first four Seals are open, is the historical record. The terrible wars, the disastrous famines, the shocking plagues, the economic failures; all could hardly have been any worse, or mankind would not have survived.
Obviously the Fifth is open.  So the first four must be too!

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2021, 05:45:17 PM »
I'm convinced nukes are used somewhere - sometime since they are prophesied in Zechariah and the Revelation 17 beast burns the harlot with fire which is likely a nuke.
On the Day of the Lord's wrath by fire from the sun, all weapons of war will be destroyed. The massive Electro-Magnetic Pulse of the big Coronal Mass Ejection will do it. Hosea 2:18, Psalms 46:9, Psalms 73:6

God will not allow nukes to pollute the holy Land.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2021, 11:43:54 AM »
Abraham went to Canaan at year 2000, Jesus was Crucified at year 4000 and He will Return at year 6000.
Also, since this timeline is the only clear, falsifiable claim being made in a Bible Talk thread, we should look at it.

With timelines like this, it's always wise to consider why the specific anchor points are chosen. The outlier here is Abraham going into Canaan. What's it got to do with anything? Why not the year when Isaac was born? Or Jacob? Or the exodus? Likewise, how do we possibly know what year Jesus was crucified? The gospels don't provide enough information. The narrowest range we can determine is 29-36 AD.

Timelines like this also require adding up the patriarchs' ages in Genesis 5, 6, 11, and 12. The Masoretic, Septuagint, and Samaritan versions of Genesis vary considerably on these numbers, especially for the antediluvian patriarchs. (This is because all three text traditions try to solve the problem of several patriarchs surviving the flood in the vorlage.) No matter which text tradition we use, none of them put Abraham's journey to Canaan in the year 2000. In the Masoretic, Abram entered Canaan around year 2021. (Weird coincidence.) In the Samaritan, he entered around year 2322. In the Septuagint, year 3257. In the vorlage, year 2357. The closest version is the Masoretic, off by just 21 years, but this can't be the version we use, because Jesus' genealogy in Luke 3 includes Cainan son of Arpachshad and father of Shelah, who is only mentioned in the Septuagint.

The timeline just doesn't work. The clearest gospel, Luke, follows the Septuagint version of Genesis, putting Abram's entry into Canaan in year 2322. And we just don't know what year Jesus was crucified.

And, um, not to put too fine a point on it, but which calendar are we using?  Are we accounting for Joshua's sun standing still and Hezekiah's sundial going backwards?

I just get so confused with Bible math.  Should I just be able to add 2 and 2 together and tell everyone how I feel about the answer?

And sometimes, to paragraph Freud, a fire is just a fire.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2021, 05:55:10 PM »

And, um, not to put too fine a point on it, but which calendar are we using?  Are we accounting for Joshua's sun standing still and Hezekiah's sundial going backwards?

I just get so confused with Bible math.  Should I just be able to add 2 and 2 together and tell everyone how I feel about the answer?

And sometimes, to paragraph Freud, a fire is just a fire.
For the Biblical timeline; no calendar is used. Just the addition of the time periods given. Plus the known fact of when Babylon conquered Judah.
It was exactly 2000 years from Adam until Abram, when he was 52; obeyed God and departed from Ur.
Then 1386.5 years until Judah was conquered in 586 BC.  Another 613.5 years later; Jesus was acknowledged as King and subsequently Crucified.  In 29/30 AD

Now we are very close to the next 2000 year mark. 6000 years since Adam and only the final 1000 years of the rule of King Jesus over all the world, then Eternity,

agnostic

• ex-Christian
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2021, 06:04:26 PM »
It was exactly 2000 years from Adam until Abram
(Narrator: It wasn't. OP is playing loose with their math, using contradicting versions of the Bible, and in some cases completely making up information to achieve a desired theological outcome.)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2021, 10:20:48 AM »
It was exactly 2000 years from Adam until Abram, when he was 52; obeyed God and departed from Ur.
Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Harran Gen 12:4
Terah, his father, departed Ur some years earlier. But that was his journey, not Abram's. This playing with the dates is most unattractive. 

Recent Topics

Thankful by Sojourner
Today at 06:46:33 PM

I Knew Him-Joseph by Cloudwalker
Today at 01:57:39 PM

Church Abuse/ Rebuke by tango
Today at 09:34:39 AM

Riddle by RabbiKnife
Today at 08:04:58 AM

just wanted to say by ProDeo
Today at 04:53:45 AM

Has anyone heard from Parson lately? by Cloudwalker