Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: The Next Prophesied Event  (Read 12898 times)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Prophesied Event
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2021, 09:47:30 AM »
Terah was not the person that God called.
What age was Abraham when he was called?

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2021, 04:38:26 PM »
Terah was not the person that God called.
What age was Abraham when he was called?
The only time the Bible gives Abram's age is in Genesis 12:4. He was 75 when he departed from Harran.
And he was 99 when God made the Covenant with him.

But we see in Genesis 12:1, that God told Abram to leave his own country, his kin, your fathers house and go to a land I will show you.
This call must have been while he was in Ur, which he obeyed as soon as he could, excepting he took his father with him. So until Terah died, Abram and his family didn't go on to Canaan. That took some years.
I contend it was 23 years and I prove it by Abram being 52 when he received the Call, that time making the exact 2000 year period since Adam.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 07:38:08 PM by keraz »
Writer of Bible Prophecy articles: logostelos.info

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2021, 04:46:03 PM »
The only time the Bible gives Abram's age is in Genesis 12:4. He was 75 when he departed from Harran.
Thank you. 

This call must have been while he was in Ur, which he obeyed as soon as he could, excepting he took his father with him.
Genesis 11: Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, the wife of his son Abram, and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan. But when they came to Harran, they settled there. Terah lived 205 years, and he died in Harran.

It was Terah's journey, not Abram's. Terah took Abram with him, not the other way around. Plain text, my friend.

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2021, 08:20:12 PM »
Fenris, we have a puzzle here.
Terah was 70 when Abram was born. Abram was a grown; married man when the left Ur with his father and family. But Abram was childless, as Sarah was barren. In all probability, Abram and Sarah were not so young when they left Ur.
They settled in Harran for at least several years.  Abram then left Harran and went Canaan when he was 75.

But Terah lived until he was 205. So he must have still been alive in Harran after Abram had gone.

I stand by the addition of the time periods that give us exactly 2000 years from Adam to when Abram left Ur at age 52. God called Abram, not Terah.
 Abram and Sarah lived in Harran for 23 years.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2021, 08:39:20 PM »
Fenris, we have a puzzle here.
There's no puzzle. You find what you want in scripture, and if it isn't to your liking you mistranslate and mess with dates. This isn't clever or prophetic, it's heretical.

agnostic

• ex-Christian
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2021, 09:26:56 PM »
God called Abram, not Terah.
God called Abram after he had already moved to Haran.

You keep ignoring this detail -- or, more accurately, you keep rewriting what the Bible says about this detail -- because your timeline doesn't work when it's accounted for. Your timeline is built on a fundamentally dishonest reading of the Bible.

The Parson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Parsons Corner ~ Ask the Preacher
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2021, 10:25:41 PM »
OK, so call me dumber than a box of rocks, but what is the significance of weather Abram got the calling before or after he left Ur??? I know what when and where, but what is the argument really?
1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
The Parsons Corner Ministries

agnostic

• ex-Christian
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2021, 11:36:05 PM »
The summary of keraz's "prophetic timeline" is that the history of the world will be perfectly divided into three 2000 year segments. The first segment concludes when Abram left Ur (Genesis 11) in response to God calling him, based on how Keraz is doing the math from genealogical information provided in Genesis 5 and 11.

Besides just playing loose with the math, the summary of the criticism of keraz's timeline is he's flatly contradicting the order of events in Genesis 11 and 12.

Genesis says

• Abram moved to Ur and lived there for X years
  • Abram moved to Haran and lived there for Y years
  • After living in Haran, God called Abram to travel to Canaan
  • Abram moved to Canaan when he was 75 years old because of God's calling

keraz claims

• God called Abram to travel to Canaan
  • Abram moved to Ur when he was ?? years old because of God's calling

keraz is taking Genesis 12:1-3 and pretending it happens before Genesis 11:31 -- and he's completely making up the detail of how old Abram was at the time, since Genesis never tells us -- solely to force the Bible's story to fit his "timeline" theory.

He came up with a theory about the Bible, the Bible doesn't fit his theory, so he's changing what the Bible says to make it fit his theory.

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2021, 04:55:02 AM »
I re-posted the Bible based time periods in #83. 
It proves the 2000 years from Adam until Abram left Ur. God called him to leave his country; before he went to Harran.

Then there was another exact 2000 years  from when Abram left Ur until Jesus was acclaimed King and subsequently Crucified.

Now we are 1991 years since 30 AD. I am not surprised people don't like it!

The Parson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2021, 07:00:38 AM »
This form of dispensationalism has mesmerized very great men such as John Wycliffe, Martin Luther, Jonathan Edwards, and I believe especially even more, Clarance Larkin. They called it historicism, but what it actually was, was date setting. I think that's where they find the issue keraz. No man knoweth the day or the hour except the Father. It can't be pinned down sir.
1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

agnostic

• ex-Christian
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2021, 11:04:38 AM »
I couldn't care less about the date setting, honestly.

My issue is with the dishonest behind him rewriting what the Bible actually says, and making up details, just to make his theory work in the first place. Also that he makes up reasons ("lies") for why people are objecting to his theory.

The Parson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2021, 11:12:23 AM »
I couldn't care less about the date setting, honestly.

My issue is with the dishonest behind him rewriting what the Bible actually says, and making up details, just to make his theory work in the first place. Also that he makes up reasons ("lies") for why people are objecting to his theory.
Well then, what needs to be done keraz, when you make an assertion, you, like anyone else needs to post scripture and verse on that assertation. Then your expository.
Then, when you use verses to back up whatever verse you are making an assertion on, expound on them. Don't use any extra-biblical content when commenting on the verses.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2021, 02:59:07 PM »
No man knoweth the day or the hour except the Father. It can't be pinned down sir.
And I think it shows a profound lack of trust in God. He didn't tell us the date because we don't need to know. Just lead a Godly life here on earth and leave the rest up to Him.

keraz

• The Proclaimer
    • View Profile
    • www.logostelos.info
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2021, 04:28:18 PM »
This form of dispensationalism has mesmerized very great men such as John Wycliffe, Martin Luther, Jonathan Edwards, and I believe especially even more, Clarance Larkin. They called it historicism, but what it actually was, was date setting. I think that's where they find the issue keraz. No man knoweth the day or the hour except the Father. It can't be pinned down sir.
Thanks for your input, Tim.
I agree that we cannot know the Day or the hour of Jesus' Return. We may know the year.
More importantly, for us alive today: we cannot know when He will send His terrible Day of fiery wrath upon the earth.

But God has given us the information for us to be able to see His over-arching Plan for His Creation of mankind and our environment. He is a God to whom numbers are significant, 7 and 40 are examples.
In Genesis 1, we have the formula for this Plan; a series of six time periods, culminating is a final, perfect seventh period. We are told, in Revelation 20 that the final period will be one thousand years.

Now, as we are nearly 2000 years since Jesus, we have the hindsight and the ability to work out that there was exactly 4000 years from Adam to Jesus. This may be scary and even unacceptable to some, but it is factual.

Do the math yourself: Add - 130, 105, 90, 70, 65, 162, 65, 187, 182, 600, 35, 30, 34, 30, 32, 30, 29, 70.
They are the numbers given in the Bible of the years from Adam until to the birth of Abram.   All scripture refs are in my post #83.
They add to 1948 years.  We know that Abram was a grown, married man when God called him to leave his country.
It is not an assumption, but a valid fact to say that Abram was 52 when He obeyed God and departed from Ur of the Chaldees. It makes the perfect number of 2000 years; Adam to the time God commenced working with mankind for His purposes.
The fact of the 2000 years Adam to Abraham, is proved by the next exact 2000 years; Abraham to Jesus, His acclamation as King and subsequent Death, in 30 AD.

Attempts to destroy my credibility and to vilify me, are made by those who have another agenda, they have no Biblical support or proper refutation.

ross3421

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2021, 04:45:49 PM »
Isaiah 61:1-2a The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me. He has sent me to announce good news to the humble, to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and to proclaim a year of the Lords favor,

Isaiah 61:2b-3...and a Day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, to give then garlands instead of ashes, oil of gladness, instead of mourners tears and  a garment of splendor for the distressed. They will be called trees of righteousness, planted by the Lord for His adornment.

Isaiah 61:4-11 Buildings long in ruin and desolate will be restored and rebuilt. Foreigners will serve you, caring for your flocks and vines, but you will be called priests of the Lord and the wealth of the nations will be yours. Because My people have received insults and shame in double measure, they will receive in their own Land, wealth in double measure.
For I, the Lord love justice and hate injustice, I shall give My people a sure reward and make an everlasting Covenant with them. Their posterity will be renowned among the nations, they will be seen as a people blessed by the Lord.

Let us rejoice in the Lord with all our hearts. From Him has come victory and deliverance. His people, robed in beauty are like a garden full of flowers. The Lord will make His victory and renown known to the nations.
                                                                  Reference: REB, NIV, KJV. Some verses abridged.

Isaiah 61:1-2a, was quoted by Jesus at the commencement of His ministry;.... a year of the Lord’s favor’.  He stopped in mid sentence and then said: Today, in your hearing, this prophecy has come true.
Therefore, the rest of this chapter is unfulfilled prophecy. So, we look for the sequence of events to unfold as written, commencing with:
‘a Day of vengeance of our God’ - The next prophesied event. Not the Return of Jesus in His glory, but His punishment to the nations, triggered by an attack on Israel. This is prophesied and described comprehensively throughout the Bible as a terrible disaster by fire, that will affect the whole world. Isaiah 63:1-6, Isaiah 30:26
‘comfort all who mourn’ - All who love the Lord and follow in His Laws, those who mourn His death on the cross. Zechariah 12:9-10
‘trees of righteousness, planted in their own Land’ - His people: all faithful Christians, Jews and Gentiles are gathered and settled in His holy Land, into all of that area promised to the Patriarchs, to their descendants by faith, Galatians 3:26-29, in the new country of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5, Ezekiel 20:34-36, Isaiah 26:15
‘buildings rebuilt and the land restored’ - After the devastation caused by a CME sunstrike, The Lord will regenerate the Land, Ezekiel 36:8 but buildings must be rebuilt, including the new Temple. Isaiah 65:21, Zechariah 6:15
‘foreigners will serve you’  - Isaiah 60:10...foreigners will rebuild your walls...
‘wealth of the nations will be yours’ - Zechariah 14:14  The same as what happened at the first Exodus. Exodus 11:2
‘make a Covenant with them’  - Jeremiah 31:33, Ezekiel 34:25, Hebrews 8:10-12
‘from Him has come victory and deliverance’ -  Psalms 91:14-16, Psalms 44:4-7
‘known to the nations’ -  Ezekiel 39:21, Isaiah 40:5               

if you believe the day of vengece is next then you would more likey to think the next man who claims to god is god himself but we know the next man is the antichrist.

the next event needs to be matt 24, 6,7 as the world needs to become a wlderness first.

Recent Topics

Thankful by Sojourner
Today at 06:46:33 PM

I Knew Him-Joseph by Cloudwalker
Today at 01:57:39 PM

Church Abuse/ Rebuke by tango
Today at 09:34:39 AM

Riddle by RabbiKnife
Today at 08:04:58 AM

just wanted to say by ProDeo
Today at 04:53:45 AM

Has anyone heard from Parson lately? by Cloudwalker