Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Church Abuse/ Rebuke  (Read 31 times)

Kfawn

• View Profile
Church Abuse/ Rebuke
« on: Yesterday at 09:58:49 PM »
Hello, I have been struggling with the senior pastors. I am the wife of the associate pastor. They have ideas that I should be doing almost everything with my husband- going to every meeting that he goes to and the women's meetings.
Since I was homeschooling I ended up burning out. I go to the three services a week but have dropped every other church thing. I used to help with Sunday school but now I just decorate the church and pray with people and help my husband counsel people. I do meet with people and pray/ visit with them sometimes.
Anyway, I brought up an issue with the youth pastor and then on Wednesday it seemed to me our senior pastor was rebuking me from the pulpit for it( though of course he didn't mention names)- so I thought because it seems to me like this happed with other people.
I was speaking with a counselor and she encouraged me to just ask him- were you addressing me. And so that's what I did because I was feeling hurt about it.
I am glad to say that he wasn't targeting me when he said all the stuff he said.
Anyway, during that conversation, they told me how upset they were, well I got mixed messages from them. At one point he said it's okay that I don't do all the things they expect and then on the other hand they were criticizing me.
But this is the thing that bothered me. They asked why I leave when pastor talks, and I leave because he comes across as abusive to me, that's not saying he is, but because I am dealing with hurts from the past but I guess sometimes he comes across to me as mocking. It's hard to explain, but I was trying to be honest.
And then his wife said to me your a pastor's wife you should be better sometimes I just think you need a real good spanking. You need to be spanked.
I am just tired of being talked to like this. I think I forgive them. I don't know how to have a relationship with these people.
But anyway, is this a weird way to talk to someone? Or is it normal. Cause it doesn't feel like it should be normal.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
Re: Church Abuse/ Rebuke
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:03:59 AM »
I don’t know where you are from or what your culture is, but

This behavior from the leadership is not normal
It is not Christlike
It is not acceptable

And Jesus does not approve
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

tango

• Well that didn't go as planned.
    • View Profile
Re: Church Abuse/ Rebuke
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:34:39 AM »
Spanked? Seriously?

If someone said that to my wife they really wouldn't like my response to it.

Recent Topics

Thankful by RabbiKnife
Today at 03:10:07 PM

I Knew Him-Joseph by Cloudwalker
Today at 01:57:39 PM

Church Abuse/ Rebuke by tango
Today at 09:34:39 AM

Riddle by RabbiKnife
Today at 08:04:58 AM

just wanted to say by ProDeo
Today at 04:53:45 AM

Has anyone heard from Parson lately? by Cloudwalker