Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: The Jews will be kept safe in the Great Tribulation  (Read 2079 times)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: The Jews will be kept safe in the Great Tribulation
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2024, 02:44:23 PM »
I am not fighting, just wanna know what happened in the AD 70 period. There is certainly room for unfulfilled prophecy such as Zachariah 14 -
Or Zachariah 12!

A prophecy: The word of the Lord concerning Israel.

The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares:  “I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem.  On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.  On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness,” declares the Lord. “I will keep a watchful eye over Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations.  Then the clans of Judah will say in their hearts, ‘The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the Lord Almighty is their God.’

“On that day I will make the clans of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume all the surrounding peoples right and left, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.

“The Lord will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem’s inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah. On that day the Lord will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the Lord going before them. On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.

This one seems strangely pertinent today.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2024, 09:24:52 PM »

So in your opinion how should we interpret -

Matt 16 -
27  For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.
28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Let root through my studies :-)

V28 - We have to begin with the Greek concerning the English term, "some." In English we understand this to be plural in nature, meaning more than one. But, in the Greek, the meaning is not as it is in English.

Strong's Concordance
tis: a certain one, someone, anyone
Original Word: τις, τι
Part of Speech: Indefinite Pronoun
Transliteration: tis
Phonetic Spelling: (tis)
Definition: a certain one, someone, anyone
Usage: any one, some one, a certain one or thing.

Meaning, Jesus is informing a "single" person that "they" will be alive and see Jesus coming in His Kingdom.

I'll leave it here for your thoughts because when this got pointed out to me, it was as if the light bulb I thought burned bright in my head, went POP!
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2024, 05:55:02 AM »
Thanks for the discussion.

--ProDeo-out  ;)

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2024, 08:56:56 PM »
Thanks for the discussion.

--ProDeo-out  ;)

Just so I'm sure you understood my discussion point. Jesus is speaking to a group but by studying the original language, the meaning and intent of this specific verse you have raised, means Jesus is referring to one specific person in the group He's speaking to, "will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom"

All these years on both boards, I try to only "view" doctrinal positions while attempting to discuss what the Scriptures are actually and truly, saying.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by Oscar_Kipling
Yesterday at 06:52:19 PM

Watcha doing? by Cloudwalker
August 30, 2024, 03:18:46 PM

Is free will a failed concept? by Athanasius
August 26, 2024, 07:53:30 AM

Was the Father's will always subordinate to the Son's will? by CrimsonTide21
August 23, 2024, 11:08:52 AM

Faith and peace by CrimsonTide21
August 23, 2024, 10:59:41 AM

Do you know then God of Jesus? by CrimsonTide21