Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: The Jews will be kept safe in the Great Tribulation  (Read 2131 times)

Billy Evmur

• View Profile
The Jews will be kept safe in the Great Tribulation
« on: August 10, 2024, 07:44:18 AM »
Oh I thought the Great Tribulation, the Jews are really going to get it, after all isn't it called the time of Jacob's trouble?

But what does the bible say?

Jeremiah 30.4-11
These are the words which the Lord spoke concerning Israel and Judah
thus says the Lord
we have heard a cry of panic, of terror and no peace.
Ask now and see, can a man bear a child?
why then do I see every man with his hands on his loins like a woman in labour? why is every face turned pale?

Alas for that day is so great, there is no day like it, it is even the day of Jacob's trouble but he shall be saved out of it

And it shall come to pass in that day says the Lord of hosts that I will break the yoke from off their neck and I will burst the bonds and strangers shall no more make servants of them. But they shall serve the Lord their God and David their King whom I will raise up for them.

Therefore FEAR NOT O JACOB My servant says the Lord
NOR BE DISMAYED O ISRAEL for lo I will save you from afar and your offspring from the land of your captivity.

Jacob shall return and have quiet and ease and none shall make him afraid. For I am with you to SAVE YOU says the Lord.
I will make a full end of all the nations among whom I have scattered you but of you I will not make a full end. I will chasten you in measure and I will by no means leave you unpunished.

Billy Evmur

• View Profile
Re: The Jews will be kept safe in the Great Tribulation
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2024, 07:35:51 AM »
It is called the time of Jacob's trouble [the Great Tribulation] because of the trouble that is coming upon the nations because of the way they have treated the Jews, God has got a quarrel with the nations and unfortunately the church is among the nations.

Jeremiah shows exactly who is to go through the tribulation and who is not.

The man [Israel is God's first born son] does NOT travail in childbirth. Jesus and Paul speak about the great tribulation in terms of birth pangs.

The woman [the church, the bride] travails in childbirth.

Matthew 24
They shall deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death ...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 03:24:28 PM by Billy Evmur »

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2024, 05:21:57 AM »
IMO the Great Tribulation happened in AD70 predicted by Jesus.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2024, 09:00:48 AM »

Have you done any research of history in "when" Jesus provided The Revelation to the Apostle John, when he was imprisoned at Patmos?
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2024, 11:20:26 AM »
Whew. I was worried for a minute there!

Billy Evmur

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2024, 01:56:22 PM »
awful lot in Matt.24 hasn't happened yet.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2024, 04:25:36 PM »

Have you done any research of history in "when" Jesus provided The Revelation to the Apostle John, when he was imprisoned at Patmos?

Sure, Revelation is the book I read as a whole the most.

But let's see what Jesus said, note Christ is not speaking to 21 century people but to the Jews of His time and the upcoming destruction of the theocracy Israel.

Matt 16 -
27  For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.
28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

Do you thinks these people Jesus mentions have seen : the Son of Man coming in his kingdom ?

And / Or

Jesus Before Caiaphas and the Council Matt 26 -

63 But Jesus remained silent. And the high priest said to him, “I adjure you by the living God, tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.”
64 Jesus said to him, “You have said so. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Do you think the high priest has seen : you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven ?

Over to you  ;)

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2024, 07:31:07 PM »

But let's see what Jesus said, note Christ is not speaking to 21 century people but to the Jews of His time and the upcoming destruction of the theocracy Israel.

Matt 16 -
27  For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.
28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

Do you thinks these people Jesus mentions have seen : the Son of Man coming in his kingdom ?

And / Or

63 But Jesus remained silent. And the high priest said to him, “I adjure you by the living God, tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.”
64 Jesus said to him, “You have said so. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Do you think the high priest has seen : you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven ?

Over to you  ;)

OK, noted.

I will now have to take a step back and ask in a different way. Do the prophetic scriptures of The Revelation deal with and give detail of events that happen during both halves of the entire (7 years of the) Tribulation period?

Once we can agree/establish when The Revelation was given (the year) to John, then we can discuss the verses you posted and discern how they divide into, The Revelation.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 07:32:48 PM by Slug1 »
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2024, 12:56:16 AM »

Matt 16 -

And / Or

Over to you  ;)

OK, noted.

I will now have to take a step back and ask in a different way. Do the prophetic scriptures of The Revelation deal with and give detail of events that happen during both halves of the entire (7 years of the) Tribulation period?

Once we can agree/establish when The Revelation was given (the year) to John, then we can discuss the verses you posted and discern how they divide into, The Revelation.

Sure, but before moving to Revelation, some more evidence, the warnings Christ gave.

Matt 24 -
34  Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.
35  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

Christ is not warning us people of the 21th century but the Jews during His stay on Earth.

Warning one -
Matt 24:40 Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left.
Matt 24:41  Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left.
Matt 24:42 Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.
Matt 24:43  But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into.
Matt 24:44 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Matt 24:45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time?
Matt 24:46  Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
Matt 24:47 Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
Matt 24:48 But if that wicked servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed,’
Matt 24:49 and begins to beat his fellow servants and eats and drinks with drunkards,
Matt 24:50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know

Matt 25 - warning two, The Parable of the Ten Virgins

Regarding Revelation, it truly matters when it was written, before or after AD70, I am inclined to think all of the NT is written before AD70.

Openb 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

Openb 2:16 Therefore repent. If not, I will come to you soon and war against them with the sword of my mouth.

Openb 3:11 I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown.

Openb 22:7 “And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

Openb 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done.

Openb 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Surely soon is not 2000 years, but exactly 40 years after Christ death, resurrection and ascension makes a lot more sense and is in sync with the warnings of Christ in Matt.

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2024, 08:57:33 PM »

Sure, but before moving to Revelation, some more evidence, the warnings Christ gave.

Matt 24 -
34  Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.
35  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

Christ is not warning us people of the 21th century but the Jews during His stay on Earth.

Warning one -
Matt 24:40 Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left.
Matt 24:41  Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left.
Matt 24:42 Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.
Matt 24:43  But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into.
Matt 24:44 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Matt 24:45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time?
Matt 24:46  Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
Matt 24:47 Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
Matt 24:48 But if that wicked servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed,’
Matt 24:49 and begins to beat his fellow servants and eats and drinks with drunkards,
Matt 24:50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know

Matt 25 - warning two, The Parable of the Ten Virgins

Regarding Revelation, it truly matters when it was written, before or after AD70, I am inclined to think all of the NT is written before AD70.

Openb 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

Openb 2:16 Therefore repent. If not, I will come to you soon and war against them with the sword of my mouth.

Openb 3:11 I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown.

Openb 22:7 “And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

Openb 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done.

Openb 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Surely soon is not 2000 years, but exactly 40 years after Christ death, resurrection and ascension makes a lot more sense and is in sync with the warnings of Christ in Matt.

Hooah, got what you are responding with and we need to place all your verses into the context involving all prophetic related Scriptures dealing with the endtimes. Are you planning on researching "when" John was imprisoned at Patmos and thus during that time (date?), received The Revelation?
--Slug1-out

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2024, 06:21:17 AM »
From Matt we already learn that Christ came back, so it's odd to think Revelation was written after AD70, else it would be no Scripture at all.

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2024, 02:21:16 PM »
From Matt we already learn that Christ came back, so it's odd to think Revelation was written after AD70, else it would be no Scripture at all.

I will be patient as I wait for you to confirm the year that John was imprisoned at Patmos and that during his approximate 18 months of confinement, received The Revelation.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 02:38:16 PM by Slug1 »
--Slug1-out

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2024, 03:00:46 PM »

I will be patient as I wait for you to confirm the year that John was imprisoned at Patmos and that during his approximate 18 months of confinement, received The Revelation.

As far as I know nobody knows.

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2024, 04:34:20 PM »

Brother, it's historic concerning who the emperor of the Roman Empire was who imprisoned John at Patmos, also who the Roman Emperor was when John was released. Simple research brother.

I can post all the facts but as we all know, unless one learns/discovers facts on their own, it's to easy to deny facts when honestly provided.

--Slug1-out

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2024, 06:21:46 AM »

Brother, it's historic concerning who the emperor of the Roman Empire was who imprisoned John at Patmos, also who the Roman Emperor was when John was released. Simple research brother.

I can post all the facts but as we all know, unless one learns/discovers facts on their own, it's to easy to deny facts when honestly provided.

Well, I am open to learn so please provide the historic facts.

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by RabbiKnife
Today at 12:50:52 PM

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 09:29:05 PM

In Jesus name, Amen by ProDeo
September 14, 2024, 03:18:27 AM

Is free will a failed concept? by Athanasius
August 26, 2024, 07:53:30 AM

Was the Father's will always subordinate to the Son's will? by CrimsonTide21
August 23, 2024, 11:08:52 AM

Faith and peace by CrimsonTide21