Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: The New Political Ethos  (Read 6913 times)

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
Re: The New Political Ethos
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2024, 12:19:02 PM »
If we could only remove the offensive and unprovable claims to divine favor (in political speeches), perhaps we could get started on a making our nation and our planet a better and safer place to inhabit.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2024, 05:20:19 PM »
EARLY AND OFTEN SEPT. 25, 2023

Trump Has a Real Problem With Wounded Vets

By Margaret Hartmann, senior editor for Intelligencer.

"After Avila's performance, Trump walked over to congratulate him, but then said to Milley, within earshot of several witnesses, “Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded.” Never let Avila appear in public again, Trump told Milley."

The Atlantic also previously reported that during a 2018 planning meeting for a military parade, the then-president asked his staff not to include wounded veterans, on grounds that spectators would feel uncomfortable in the presence of amputees. ‘Nobody wants to see that,’ he said.”

Not only vets.

“The shape they’re in, all the expenses, maybe those kinds of people should just die.”
Fred Trump allegedly quoting Donald Trump.

All in the Family: The Trumps and How We Got This Way
by Fred C. Trump III  | Jul 30, 2024
This title will be released on July 30, 2024.

Aside: I've been disabled since age four, and God is demonstrably on my side. After 7 decades I guess maybe I will just die :)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 08:11:07 PM by IMINXTC »

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2024, 12:02:57 PM »

It's funny to me how these inflammatory quotes are only ever heard by third rate reporters working for third rate magazines.

I've never met the man myself, but cops I've worked with have. And they tell me he's an absolute gentleman who has nothing but respect for law enforcement and the military.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2024, 05:05:08 PM »

It's funny to me how these inflammatory quotes are only ever heard by third rate reporters working for third rate magazines.

Is it funny? It seems conceivable that a person might be less guarded around a person that they don't recognize or hold with any regard because they are just a third rate reporter from a third rate publication. Regardless, its a pretty bizarre stance to take to say that Trump's inflammatory quotes are only those overheard by third stringers lurking in the shadows when he has been perfectly happy to say all manner of inflammatory things in front of zounds of people and cameras and all over social media. While its never a good idea to put much credence in unconfirmed or out of context quotes just because it seems like the kind of thing that person would say, it is pretty weird to use a half hearted suspicion salting defense of "these inflammatory quotes are only ever heard by third rate reporters working for third rate magazines" for this particular man who arguably takes both pride and credit for inflammatory quotes that he broadcasts several times a week. Strange hill Fenris.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2024, 08:37:12 PM »

I've never met the man myself, but cops I've worked with have. And they tell me he's an absolute gentleman who has nothing but respect for law enforcement and the military.

Hooah! Based on experience, what Trump does when speaking with law enforcement, military, or their families paints a whole different (true) reality when weighed against "words" and a perspective (false) so many attempt to paint. Actions reveal the truth (speak louder) of the matter compared to hearsay, no matter how loud the hearsay is spoken or written.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2024, 09:35:10 PM »
As a life-long conservative Republican, around 2016 my suspicious instincts strongly informed me that the introduction of Trump/Maga would all but insure the establishing of an alternative and highly progressive political swing for the forseeable future.

Step by step it is coming to pass and that has been by default.

Perhaps the Christian Nationalists could reasonably form their own party and continue to strive for power, but it's difficult to imagine the GOP returning to it's former self, having literally trampled every revered institution in lieu of an autocracy.
IMO.

I had promised to stay away from this board and will keep my word this time.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2024, 11:58:53 PM »
As a life-long conservative Republican, around 2016 my suspicious instincts strongly informed me that the introduction of Trump/Maga would all but insure the establishing of an alternative and highly progressive political swing for the forseeable future.

Step by step it is coming to pass and that has been by default.

Perhaps the Christian Nationalists could reasonably form their own party and continue to strive for power, but it's difficult to imagine the GOP returning to it's former self, having literally trampled every revered institution in lieu of an autocracy.

My conclusion as well. By some of the things Trump said during his presidency about Russia and China he was showing his jealousy about the 2 regimes they could stay in power as long as they wished and execute their longstanding political views without any nasty interruption of a democratic regime change.

Trump hasn't embraced Project 2025 yet, but.....

I had promised to stay away from this board and will keep my word this time.

We are living on a tipping point in history, a change of world power, autocracy more successful than democracy.

I will miss your wisdom.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2024, 07:03:03 AM »
Thanks Pro!

I consider Jan 6, 2021 the tragic day of no-return.

Best wishes.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2024, 02:29:43 PM »
"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" 2 Thess 2:11

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2024, 06:35:54 PM »
Thanks Pro!

I consider Jan 6, 2021 the tragic day of no-return.

Best wishes.

As do I, but likely for a different reason.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2024, 10:52:59 AM »
Is it funny? It seems conceivable that a person might be less guarded around a person that they don't recognize or hold with any regard because they are just a third rate reporter from a third rate publication.
It seems conceivable that a third rate reporter working for a third rate magazine might take creative license, and by this I mean outright fabricate, in order to attempt to be relevant. 

he has been perfectly happy to say all manner of inflammatory things in front of zounds of people and cameras and all over social media.
Yes, and that's the perfect cover for inventing inflammatory statements that he did not make. 

My goodness, now people are telling me that JD Vance had carnal relations with a couch! Use your brain.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2024, 10:20:10 AM »
It seems conceivable that a third rate reporter working for a third rate magazine might take creative license, and by this I mean outright fabricate, in order to attempt to be relevant. 

Of course it is conceivable, more than that there are plenty of examples of it. I wasn't challenging the idea that people or in this case unscrupulous journalists never make stuff up or amplify rumors as truth about Trump, I was challenging your assertion that "these inflammatory quotes are only ever heard by third rate reporters working for third rate magazines". The emphasis is of course mine, but the words are yours. Inflammatory quotes from Trump are not and so far as I can tell have never been only ever overheard by slinking fly-by-night journalists, a significant facet of the guy's whole deal is that he is a more or less unabashed inflammatory quote generator. There are plenty of people that love that he inflames the left with his quotes, That he makes off color and inflammatory remarks about his opponents and opposing ideas... it is what endears him to many people and energizes many others. Pretending that his very intentional courting of controversy and very public provocation is ONLY EVER the result of shady wanna be journalists falsely attributing fabricated quotes to him is to completely mischaracterize who he is and what he intentionally does and a huge part of why he is so popular.   

Yes, and that's the perfect cover for inventing inflammatory statements that he did not make. 
uh huh, therefore characterizing his inflammatory quotes as only ever being creations of people that want to lie about him makes no sense whatsoever.

My goodness, now people are telling me that JD Vance had carnal relations with a couch! Use your brain.

I...I....I think this is indicative of our apparent desire to create and consume the sensational, salacious and inflammatory rather than consider or much less address the boring, important and difficult things. I think this in some ways exemplifies why Donald Trump's style of being over the top, hyperbolic and inflammatory plays so well for many folks, because we can't get enough of it and plenty of folks do not seem to care whether it is true or not just that it inflames and excites. It is embarrassing that many of us are taken in by these "exciting"  lies, it is embarrassing that we pay them so much of our limited resource of attention and time. It is also embarrassing that this same wave of hedonistic desire is what Trump and many other politicians are surfing their way into office on while at the same time decrying the times some of the type garbage they have injected into the culture for their own benefit splashes back on them. What is most embarrassing though, at least to me, is that we all seem to want to blame someone else for creating, consuming and perpetuating this mess when it only lives and thrives because we absolutely want it to...the truth is that this only ever happened because we let it, we liked , we love it, we get to be the abuser and the victim whenever it suits us. 

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2024, 11:21:24 AM »
Of course it is conceivable, more than that there are plenty of examples of it. I wasn't challenging the idea that people or in this case unscrupulous journalists never make stuff up or amplify rumors as truth about Trump, I was challenging your assertion that "these inflammatory quotes are only ever heard by third rate reporters working for third rate magazines".
Trump makes his outrageous statements in public, not in secret to reporters we've never heard of. Sorry, Charlie.

I...I....I think this is indicative of our apparent desire to create and consume the sensational
Which is, amazingly what this ridiculous quote from Trump is all about.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2024, 12:36:18 PM »
Trump makes his outrageous statements in public, not in secret to reporters we've never heard of. Sorry, Charlie.

Was the original proposition even that he said those things to the reporters as opposed to just being overheard? Anyway, so to be clear, are you asserting that you believe that Trump has never said anything off the record or that was unintentionally overheard or captured that was inflammatory, outrageous or was otherwise a statement or utterance that he would not make in mixed company or a public setting, venue or medium? Look if all you are saying is that most of the outrageous stuff that Trump says are things that he would and does say publicly and privately without any shame whatsoever then I don't disagree. Again, the assertion by you was that  "these inflammatory quotes are only ever heard by third rate reporters working for third rate magazines". If what you meant was that the unconfirmed and unconfirmable inflammatory quotes are only ever unconfirmed and unconfirmable, then you are just describing how rumors work and that is just as applicable to Donald Trump as it is any politician or pop star or kid you went to highschool with. However if you are suggesting that every inflammatory thing that Trump says are things that he would also state proudly and publicly, I'd say that even if you dismiss any example from the past that I would say exemplifies the lie of that assertion, I'd ask how the heck you could possibly know what that guy has said behind closed doors, but never repeated publicly....it is completely outside of your ability to know by its very nature. I get that you are irritated by the rumors and lies about Trump and others, but it seems to me that this is causing you to take a stance in opposition that does not have a logical foundation....which is as dangerous as the lies and rumors you oppose imo. Can you see any reason in what I'm saying, or like do I just seem like Oscar doing Oscar nonsense?

l[/quote] Which is, amazingly what this ridiculous quote from Trump is all about.
[/quote]

Okay, I had hoped that I was clear that I understand and agree that this is not where our disagreement lies.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2024, 11:17:35 AM »
Anyway, so to be clear, are you asserting that you believe that Trump has never said anything off the record or that was unintentionally overheard or captured that was inflammatory, outrageous or was otherwise a statement or utterance that he would not make in mixed company or a public setting, venue or medium?
Seeing about how he gleefully shoots his mouth off during his stream of consciousness campaign speeches, yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm glad that you understand me.

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by RabbiKnife
Today at 12:50:52 PM

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 09:29:05 PM

In Jesus name, Amen by ProDeo
September 14, 2024, 03:18:27 AM

Is free will a failed concept? by Athanasius
August 26, 2024, 07:53:30 AM

Was the Father's will always subordinate to the Son's will? by CrimsonTide21
August 23, 2024, 11:08:52 AM

Faith and peace by CrimsonTide21