Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Watcha doing?  (Read 25624 times)

ProDeo

• View Profile
Re: Watcha doing?
« Reply #285 on: August 30, 2024, 02:32:14 AM »
Maybe I misunderstood what you are doing, I assumed C++ programming but after rereading I noticed the word SQL which implies PHP programming? And if so can you not delete the local file immediately after it did what it is supposed to do?

Google -
javascript delete file
php delete file

tango

• Well that didn't go as planned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2024, 10:34:14 AM »
Maybe I misunderstood what you are doing, I assumed C++ programming but after rereading I noticed the word SQL which implies PHP programming? And if so can you not delete the local file immediately after it did what it is supposed to do?

Google -
javascript delete file
php delete file

Actually it's neither. The code is written in Delphi (think visual Pascal, if you don't know Delphi) and runs on a local machine. The database is also stored locally but because I can't use anything fancy it's a simple SQLite database. That's handy in that the drivers etc are free, but a liability because the drivers etc are free and anyone can write a simple database viewer/editor, so storing the data in an unencrypted format would lead to all sorts of issues.

The issue isn't deleting the file, but if a bad actor does manage to delete the file it potentially causes problems because it means audit trails go away. In theory a bad actor could take a copy of a file to give them chance to attempt to break a password, restoring files if/when accounts got locked out. If they had a compromised password they could restore a copy of the compromised file, use the compromised password and then restore the original file. I'm trying to figure a way to provide at least some warning that such a thing might have happened, given I can't necessarily control what happens to any given file.

Cloudwalker

• The one and only, genuine, original Cloudwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2024, 03:18:46 PM »
About to take a nap.  Was up.at.6:15 this morning to go have.an endoscopy (in general I only recognize 1 6:15 per day and it.ISN’T AM.)  So far things are going fine.  I'm, now,.fairly steady on my legs.  No vomiting which was a problem last time.  And a bit of a sore throat, to be expected.  A bit tired, also expected.  So it's time for.a nap.
May God bless you as you seek to do God's will

Cloudwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 13, 2024, 02:49:35 PM »
Joined our church's handbell choir last night.  I was a bit rusty but did fairly well.  It was fun.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 13, 2024, 09:52:35 PM »
Ask not for whom the bell tolls…
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2024, 09:54:21 AM »

Didn't expect to see that second song linked as a response. Metallica I could see. Haven't heard that Deliverance album mentioned in a while.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2024, 05:38:28 PM »
More fun with insulation panels.

I cut two lengths from an 8x4 panel. The first was an easy enough fit, it just needed to go between two wall studs so didn't require a whole lot of trimming. The second was tricky - it had a wall stud on one side and a textured brick wall on the other - what was once the outer wall of the house but is now an interior wall. So I had to cut a 2" thick panel to match the curvature of the wall as best I could, while pressing it against the wall and working in a confined space.

In the end I settled for a cut that's fairly close, I can fill the gaps with expanding foam. It will still be incomparably better than what I had before, and now the space I've been working in is fully fitted with insulating panels. I have one full panel remaining, and about 18" of another panel. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, I could really do with having them out of the way so I can continue working but I'm not sure where to put them. I need to open up some more wall cavity so I can fit them, it's just a question of where I can do that.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: Yesterday at 03:33:14 AM »
Wisdom from one of my grandchildren at the age of 6 - What a bad luck day!

Meaning, tomorrow will be better.

Cloudwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: Yesterday at 01:53:32 PM »
Went to see my GI doctor this morning.  Mainly talked to the PA.  The stricture in my throat was worse than was expected.  He was able to stretch it to a large degree.  But not as much as he would like.  So I have to have another in October.  That one Will be my 12th, and it's already scheduled.  It's a little later in the morning than I would like but it's either then or wait until December.  And this one was only available due to a cancelation so I jumped on it. 

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: Yesterday at 03:28:31 PM »

Didn't expect to see that second song linked as a response. Metallica I could see. Haven't heard that Deliverance album mentioned in a while.

I just managed to snag a 1989 copy of X-Sinner's "Get it", so I figured, since I'm posting Metallica anyway, why not also some Deliverance, which has nothing to do with X-Sinner.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: Yesterday at 09:29:05 PM »
I just managed to snag a 1989 copy of X-Sinner's "Get it", so I figured, since I'm posting Metallica anyway, why not also some Deliverance, which has nothing to do with X-Sinner.

That's another blast from the past. I know I have that album somewhere, haven't listened to it in years though.

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by RabbiKnife
Today at 12:50:52 PM

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 09:29:05 PM

In Jesus name, Amen by ProDeo
September 14, 2024, 03:18:27 AM

Is free will a failed concept? by Athanasius
August 26, 2024, 07:53:30 AM

Was the Father's will always subordinate to the Son's will? by CrimsonTide21
August 23, 2024, 11:08:52 AM

Faith and peace by CrimsonTide21