Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Watcha doing?  (Read 19268 times)

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
Re: Watcha doing?
« Reply #225 on: June 01, 2024, 06:22:14 PM »
Good company

I’ll give at update in six months!
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

tango

• Well that didn't go as planned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2024, 06:26:37 PM »
I have limited time for a for-profit system that makes more money keeping me slightly sick than fixing problems. I guess I'm fortunate that my doctor is more into holistic solutions than pushing pills at every opportunity.

I have no idea what my cholesterol might be as I haven't had bloodwork done for several years now. I should probably change that, even if only for the sake of information. Given how much exercise I take these days I'm expecting my HDL levels to be very high, hopefully enough to offset any issues with LDL.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2024, 06:30:33 PM »
My legs hate me. I helped a couple from our church load their moving van this morning. It was easy enough but lots of trips up and down stairs because they live in an upstairs apartment. Then came the game of Tetris fitting boxes into a van, although that wasn't too much of a problem because there was more than enough space.

Then I got home and went for a long run and spent most of the second half of it wishing I hadn't bothered. I think I was still digesting lunch, and it was very hot, and I suspect my legs really wanted a break from running. But I slogged around it taking more walk breaks than I'd hoped, and now get to spend the evening sitting on my rear in my recliner. Depending on how energetic I'm feeling I might measure up some lumber for framing the rest of the closet, although based on current observations the chances of that happening appear to be somewhere between fat and slim.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2024, 08:32:27 PM »
My cholesterol is elevated, so I've joined the club.

"Garlique" supplements. Amazing!

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2024, 01:55:57 PM »

I've heard conflicting things. But you're saying, it's been amazing for you?
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2024, 02:38:09 PM »
Read Essylstein

See also the documentary on Netflix “forks over knives”

Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2024, 02:45:14 PM »

I've heard conflicting things. But you're saying, it's been amazing for you?

Yes. With full diet and regular usage, first the blood pressure came down and lipids stay within reason - I'm rarely concerned now about cholesterol  as I address inflamation.
This supplement is coated and time released.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2024, 09:58:42 AM »
Among all the health talk, neighbor's daughter had her graduation party yesterday so a little more liberal on the eating and drinking than usual. I had two fun-sized cans of sugary soda, which is about the same amount of sugary soda as I've had for the rest of the year so far. The amount of sugar in that stuff is terrifying but every once in a while (read: maybe every several months) I may be tempted by a can of it.

I bought a 12-pack of soda something like three years ago and still have 8 of them in the pantry.

Today's workout is sprint repeats, which will help offset the excesses of yesterday.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2024, 12:28:51 PM »
I was reminded today that the election in November coincides with Guy Fawkes Day.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2024, 02:40:36 PM »
I was reminded today that the election in November coincides with Guy Fawkes Day.

Interesting. It's said that Guy Fawkes was the only man to ever enter Parliament honest about his intentions.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2024, 02:42:04 PM »
My sprint repeats were less fun than I expected. I got a fair few of them in but the heat isn't doing anything to help me. But I got a good hard workout in, pushed hard enough for it to rank "Anaerobic" as the primary benefit (which was the goal), and now I can hope my legs still work tomorrow.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2024, 10:56:48 PM »
Struggling with running in the heat today, it seemed my pulse was running faster than it should have been and I was constantly feeling like I was overheating.

Then this afternoon I got some work done on soundproofing the last parts of my ceiling, cutting some existing floor so it's nice and flush (and removing the tongues from the tongue-and-groove edge, so it can butt up against the pieces I'm going to put in the space, and measuring and cutting the top and bottom bars that will frame the rest of the closet space. I figured I can extend my problematic stud the other way, meaning I won't lose any of the very limited space and making it more likely that my plan to fit a shower cubicle into the space will actually work.

This evening I went to help a friend with a bit of drywalling. Nothing fancy, he wanted to tidy up a small section in his garage but didn't have much in the way of useful drywall to use. But we cut some pieces, trimmed them, screwed them into place, and now it's just a question of applying some tape and mud. I think I'll let him do that bit.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2024, 06:57:25 AM »
I walked my 1.5 miles in 24 minutes flat last night…. With the hills, I really don’t know if I can walk it any faster…

Kingfisher

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 05, 2024, 08:30:32 AM »
I played my 17yr old son yesterday in one on one basketball. At 46yrs old, I know the day is coming that he'll beat me..."But it is not this day!"

Although, today my legs hate me...
Go Fish

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 05, 2024, 08:34:33 AM »
I played my 17yr old son yesterday in one on one basketball. At 46yrs old, I know the day is coming that he'll beat me..."But it is not this day!"

Although, today my legs hate me...

When that day comes, as he goes around you like your feet are cemented to the ground....

Clothesline him.

Recent Topics

Eschatology - Introduction PLEASE READ by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:39:59 AM

Baptism and Communion by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:35:20 AM

Faith and peace by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:32:43 AM

The New Political Ethos by ProDeo
June 13, 2024, 03:27:40 AM

Is the US its own worst enemy? by Sojourner
June 11, 2024, 11:58:28 AM

Watcha doing? by tango