Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Beware of comments by the enemy.  (Read 622 times)

brodav9

• View Profile
Beware of comments by the enemy.
« on: January 11, 2024, 06:31:03 PM »
   My experience on you tube.  After putting a song at a certain time, It was a deep worship song. Then in the comments section someone wrote copy write violation. I was forced to remove my song.  Well I did my homework which was not difficult. Found that the comment came from someone into witchcraft and heavy metal. 

Another time recently someone put my song was just out there to fish for attention. And self promotion. The tube was my media for blessing the hearers. Because of this I was banned from a forum.  I am hopeful that through this awareness, some people will not believe everything they here or read. It says that these last days shall be perilous times. 2Tim. 3:1 Gospel music is to promote Jesus.  I am a worship leader all praise glory and honor are to him.    be safe.

DavidGYoung

• View Profile
Re: Beware of comments by the enemy.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 06:38:56 AM »
If you had put the song at a different time, would it have become a different type of song?

tango

• Well that didn't go as planned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 11:18:00 AM »

There is a certain irony in you telling us a story of an alleged event while saying we shouldn't believe everything we read online. I'd hope most people have figured out for themselves not to believe everything they read online.

Incidentally, what's the difference between "worship" and "deep worship", and what does the commenter liking heavy metal have to do with anything?

brodav9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 02:32:46 PM »
    1.  After being born again as a Christian, I repented of my sins and became a holiness believer.  To describe deeper worship should say worship in Spirit and in truth. Not just singing songs but entering God's  beautiful presence and peace.  I ministered to a girl who was crawling on the ground and acting like a snake.  Many children were there and said to me , she listens to rock music all the time.  I was seeking to cast a demon out of her when she  reached up and scratched my arm.  Just a little blood.  She stood up and became normal and walked away quietly. She was not a problem. I personally forgave her.

heavy metal was my youth. My partners and I would play supernatural, (demons play through us--literally.)  I have been playing gospel 50 years. Been in several bands.
   I experienced Jesus in a band session. The whole band came to Jesus that night because they knew this (had) to be real.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 03:15:06 PM »
Uh huh...
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2024, 03:23:42 PM »
So that’s how this Jesus thingy is supposed to work.

Experience is a terrible guidebook
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 05:45:04 PM »
    1.  After being born again as a Christian, I repented of my sins and became a holiness believer.  To describe deeper worship should say worship in Spirit and in truth. Not just singing songs but entering God's  beautiful presence and peace.  I ministered to a girl who was crawling on the ground and acting like a snake.  Many children were there and said to me , she listens to rock music all the time.  I was seeking to cast a demon out of her when she  reached up and scratched my arm.  Just a little blood.  She stood up and became normal and walked away quietly. She was not a problem. I personally forgave her.

heavy metal was my youth. My partners and I would play supernatural, (demons play through us--literally.)  I have been playing gospel 50 years. Been in several bands.
   I experienced Jesus in a band session. The whole band came to Jesus that night because they knew this (had) to be real.

RIghto, so what you call "deep worship" seems to be the same as what people would ordinarily call "worship".

I guess one person acting strangely who listens to rock music must mean all rock music is bad, right? It's always a good idea to take a single data point and assume every other data point matches that one. For encore acts you can conclude that all men are rapists, all black people are criminals and all people are God incarnate. Ooh, that creates a few contradictions.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2024, 08:29:40 PM »
Worship is all about the heart, in relation to God. We, as followers of Christ (Christians) cannot condemn genre of music styles by determining "deepness" of worship based only on genre.

My point, take any hymn or "Gospel" song and add distortion, does NOT change the worship. Such a slight change in a genre of music style can never separate a person's heart from relationship with God. "Rock or heavy metal music" is a genre of music style and can be "used" to blasphemy God, or to worship God.

Just like this medium called, "the internet." It's use can be utilized in blasphemous manners or worshipful manners.

In 1 Corinthians 9, Paul points out that when people are to be reached and the light of Christ is to shine, the "method" of reaching people for God must change based on "whom" is being reached. The message never changes, but the method must change, if all peoples are to be reached.

To condemn any genre of music as disqualified to reach people for Christ, or that one cannot worship God or isn't worshiping deeply due to genre of music, one should really pray about the box they've placed themselves in. Out there in the world, God is outside any personal "box" and is reaching people through all genres of music styles.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2024, 06:47:51 AM »
Worship is about our living a life consistent with truth

Music, singing, prayer, physical posture, actions of the body…. These are only mechanisms

You can’t worship anything if your life doesn’t measure up to the truth.

What is being described above is emotion
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

DavidGYoung

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 05:41:44 PM »
On the subject of Christian music, worship or otherwise, does anyone know if this really is Keith Green's last song?

I have my doubts. For starters, it doesn't have that characteristic piano solo anywhere. Keith did that a lot and it's odd that he would not include it. Also, it's hard to tell which part is supposed to be the chorus. Finally, it wasn't on either the silver or gold 'ministry years' compilations. Might it be an extra track for the CD edition?

brodav9

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2024, 10:01:27 PM »
I believe my point was missed. I was pointing out that someone was calling my worship song a copywrite theft from someone who said I stole it.  I found the person was lying and that they were into (witchcraft and heavy metal.)   The point of the post was to say beware that someone could call you a fraud just because they don't like your christian stand.

When I worship God I also hear him speak to me.  According to the Bible, it is important to discern if you are hearing God or the devil. Only the bible can help us see light from darkness.  If we walk in darkness we will not hear God who is in the light. In John 4: we have Jesus say that they who worship must worship in Spirit and in truth. Only that is acceptable to God.  If good Spirit and not evil spirit are in music that is the difference.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2024, 09:26:24 PM »
I believe my point was missed. I was pointing out that someone was calling my worship song a copywrite theft from someone who said I stole it.  I found the person was lying and that they were into (witchcraft and heavy metal.)   The point of the post was to say beware that someone could call you a fraud just because they don't like your christian stand.

People can make false claims for all sorts of reasons regardless of their spiritual stance and their preferred musical genres. It's still not clear why you mention the witchcraft or the heavy metal. You might as well have noted the race or gender of the person concerned.

When I worship God I also hear him speak to me.  According to the Bible, it is important to discern if you are hearing God or the devil. Only the bible can help us see light from darkness.  If we walk in darkness we will not hear God who is in the light. In John 4: we have Jesus say that they who worship must worship in Spirit and in truth. Only that is acceptable to God.  If good Spirit and not evil spirit are in music that is the difference.

Sure, although it's not clear how that relates to the original point you were making.

Recent Topics

who is this man? by RabbiKnife
April 27, 2024, 07:49:55 PM

Watcha doing? by ProDeo
April 27, 2024, 05:32:27 AM

Bibleforums.NET by The Parson
April 25, 2024, 09:47:48 AM

Lemme see if I have this right by ProDeo
April 22, 2024, 02:13:03 PM

How Do I Know God Exists? by Cloudwalker
April 20, 2024, 05:47:40 PM

The Battle For The Mind by Oscar_Kipling