Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: What is requirement for salvation?  (Read 7688 times)

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
Re: What is requirement for salvation?
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2023, 05:18:40 PM »
So have you sold everything and given it all to the poor?

Or by your logic do you just partially follow Jesus?
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2023, 05:38:52 PM »

Well, there goes your minimum requirement of Matthew 19:16-19 :)

What is your point?

You did not add anything that contradicts what I quoted.

In fact, you just repeated what I quoted.

good day, friend.

The point is you added a condition (I am Jesus' follower) to Matthew 19:16-19, so no longer your minimum requirement.

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2023, 09:11:48 PM »

The point is you added a condition (I am Jesus' follower) to Matthew 19:16-19, so no longer your minimum requirement.

I am following Jesus' overall teaching, not just pick and choose like most mainstreamers do.

blessings.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2023, 09:26:51 PM »
What about Paul’s teaching?  You obey that too?
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2023, 09:38:08 AM »
What about Paul’s teaching?  You obey that too?

If it harmonizes with Jesus' teaching, I will follow.

Jesus says He is the Teacher and not let one call you a teacher.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2023, 10:44:45 AM »
Do you believe the word in the books of the New Testament are the inspired Word of God?

Nothing Paul ever wrote contradicts Jesus.

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2023, 11:21:45 AM »
Do you believe the word in the books of the New Testament are the inspired Word of God?

Nothing Paul ever wrote contradicts Jesus.

That's your opinion.

I go to Jesus' word.

Jesus is the Lord of all His followers.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2023, 11:26:20 AM »
Jesus did not write down any of his teachings

So how do you know that what is recorded in the Gospels as having been said by Jesus is true?

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2023, 01:16:29 PM »

I am following Jesus' overall teaching, not just pick and choose like most mainstreamers do.

Jesus' final instructions to His disciples before His ascension were to teach among the nations exactly what He had taught (Mat 28:19). The doctrine Paul taught was likewise received from Jesus by revelation (Gal 1:11-12). The teachings of Jesus were made known by those privy to them, and what is recorded in the NT is their testimony. To reject any of it is also to pick and choose. 
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2023, 04:13:40 PM »

Jesus' final instructions to His disciples before His ascension were to teach among the nations exactly what He had taught (Mat 28:19). The doctrine Paul taught was likewise received from Jesus by revelation (Gal 1:11-12). The teachings of Jesus were made known by those privy to them, and what is recorded in the NT is their testimony. To reject any of it is also to pick and choose. 

Hooah!!

At the end of any day, to reject any verse/scripture, is rebellion against what God has revealed or says throughout His Word.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2023, 05:36:00 PM »

You don't think Jesus was a perfect teacher that needed further instruction from His servants?

You don't seem to have much confidence in Jesus' perfect teachings.

I know Jesus was a perfect Teacher.

He was sent to teach us how to worship and obey all His teachings and God's kingdom.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 05:40:54 PM by meshak »

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2023, 06:06:20 PM »
No, Jesus didn’t say everything believers needed.  He left that to his disciples and apostles and the Holy Spirit.

He didn’t claim to do so

He said it was better for the disciples if he left and the Holy Spirit came

What group of mature believers do you share with that help check your beliefs?

Rebecca

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2023, 06:52:47 PM »

blessings.
Do you own a sword? Luk_22:36  Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
You are good to those who persecute you?  Mat_5:44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

do you own anything  even a computer or phone? Mat_19:21  Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Mar_10:21  Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Do you work for your food?
Joh_6:27  Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
When you pray do youi always pray like Jesus said to.?
Luk_11:2  And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
These few quotes of Jesus should help you understand why we need the whole of Scripture

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2023, 08:04:16 PM »
No, Jesus didn’t say everything believers needed.

It is so sad that you don't think Jesus taught us everything we needed for salvation.

Good day, friend.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2023, 08:31:46 PM »

You don't think Jesus was a perfect teacher that needed further instruction from His servants?

You don't seem to have much confidence in Jesus' perfect teachings.

I know Jesus was a perfect Teacher.

He was sent to teach us how to worship and obey all His teachings and God's kingdom.

You were not there to personally hear His words, were you? The only way you know what He taught is by reading His words as recorded by those who heard them. 
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
July 03, 2024, 12:27:20 AM

woke by ProDeo
June 28, 2024, 04:08:07 AM

The Rejection of Rejection by Fenris
June 27, 2024, 01:15:58 PM

Eschatology - Introduction PLEASE READ by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:39:59 AM

Baptism and Communion by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:35:20 AM

Faith and peace by Stephen Andrew