Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Jesus said if you love me keep my commands. What are Jesus' commands?  (Read 2673 times)

christian.believer144

• A true Christian believer by the Bible
    • View Profile
    • God's Perspective
    Who is keeping Jesus' commands today? Does anybody know what they are?

Some of Jesus' Commands:

Jesus' commands are all spiritual, no works of the flesh. Here are some of them:

1. Seek God and His righteousness -   Matthew 6:33. God and His ways and personality are in the Bible. He shines through both the New and Old Testaments. We can learn so much about Him by reading the scripture, including the parts contradicting to your Church's theology!!

2. The Lord's Prayer - Matthew 6:9-13, prayed daily to receive the daily Bread of life for forgiveness, receive the Holy Spirit, and remain "Righteous" in the eyes of God.

3. Forgive others so God forgives you. Matthew 6:12. This one was stressed several times by Jesus. It is in the Lord's Prayer, and Jesus kept stressing it further in several other parts of the New Testament. The key message is, don't expect to receive God's blessings and salvation if you're holding hate and grudge against any other human. God sees our innermost self - Forgive them all!

4. Become born again in the spirit -   Baptists, Evangelicals, and the rest of the protestants only follow this command and ignore the rest of this list!

5. Continue to mature spiritually or face spiritual death - Many parables from Jesus explain this clearly, examples, John 15:6 "branches that wither and die", Luke 13:6 "cut the fig tree down", and Matthew 25:30 "cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness".

6. Enter through the narrow gate... Matthew 7:13-14. What is the Narrow Gate? It means only a small percent of people will make it to heaven. Why? Because people are not truly seeking God, but instead are running Christianity their way not God's intended way.

7. Love God and all people on earth including your enemies - Matthew 22:34-40 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

8. Don't be hypocrites - Example shooting arrows at abortion doctors and homosexuals, ignoring how big of a sinner you yourself are!! God knows the hearts. Matthew 7:4-5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

9. The good-hearted shall see God.

10. And many other commands embedded in Jesus' parables, that most people don't know nor understand![/li]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 11:56:38 PM by christian.believer144 »

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
You have a very twisted understanding of many of your brothers and sisters in Christ
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

christian.believer144

• View Profile
    • God's Perspective
@RabbiKnife
Which of my Bible references are you referring to?
My whole post is Bible references. Please point to the one(s) you are in disagreement with. So I can answer properly.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
Your entire concept of sanctification is works based
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
@RabbiKnife
Which of my Bible references are you referring to?
My whole post is Bible references. Please point to the one(s) you are in disagreement with. So I can answer properly.

Your whole post is copypasta

https://www.realbiblestudy.org/what-does-believe-mean

Are you the author?
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

christian.believer144

• View Profile
    • God's Perspective
@Athanasius

Yes I am the author

christian.believer144

• View Profile
    • God's Perspective
This is my website: https://www.realbiblestudy.org

It is 100% Bible-based, and 0% churches based.
My website is for those who care about genuinely seeking God in the Bible.
My website is not for those who want to defend their church, calling everything they don't like in the bible: "works".

If you really care about true Christianity as God intended, not as the church intended, then this site is a huge eye opener to all the wrong things all churches teach today.
https://www.realbiblestudy.org

hisleast

• View Profile
Excuse me, is this the line for the salvation audit to see if we're really really really for real really Christians *this* time?

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
Excuse me, is this the line for the salvation audit to see if we're really really really for real really Christians *this* time?

Hey nice to see you again, yeah, that's this line. I've been disqualified already. Maybe better luck next time?
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
This is my website: https://www.realbiblestudy.org

It is 100% Bible-based, and 0% churches based.
My website is for those who care about genuinely seeking God in the Bible.
My website is not for those who want to defend their church, calling everything they don't like in the bible: "works".

If you really care about true Christianity as God intended, not as the church intended, then this site is a huge eye opener to all the wrong things all churches teach today.
https://www.realbiblestudy.org

So, have the elders in your local church vetted your writings and teachings in your website, or do you claim apostolic authority?

RabbiKnife

• View Profile

Yes.  Please pronounce the word "shibboleth"... I mean, "sibboleth"...

Good to see you man.  Hope all is well in the People's Republik, and as always, to quote Paul, I pray for you and yours "upon every remembrance of you."

Please don't be a stranger.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
So, from reviewing your website, you state that you "stopped attending church."

So, (a) since you have no local church affiliation, then (b) you have no elders in your life qualified to come along side you to judge your prophesying and teaching, therefore, (c) you must be an apostle, getting your revelation directly from Jesus.

Did I miss something?

DavidGYoung

• View Profile
Which part of Matthew 6:9-13 refers to praying to receive the Holy Spirit?

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
What is “none of it” for $300, Alex.

christian.believer144

• View Profile
    • God's Perspective
@DavidGYoung

"Your Kingdom Come" in the Lord's Prayer means "Give us the Holy Spirit"
Supporting references:

Luke 17:21 Jesus: "...the kingdom of God is within you."
Luke‬ ‭18‬:‭17‬ “Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
In this verse, Jesus used the term "kingdom of God" with 2 distinct meanings: (1) Something we receive - the Holy Spirit, and (2) a place to enter.

Jesus explained it a few verses after His prayer in Luke:
Luke 11:13
Jesus said: "If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!
Notes: This part, "...your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" is a clear reference to the "your kingdom come" in the Lord's Prayer a few verses before; Jesus in this verse was continuing His explanation of His Prayer in Luke 11:2-4.

Recent Topics

Bibleforums.NET by The Parson
Today at 11:01:30 AM

Lemme see if I have this right by ProDeo
Yesterday at 02:13:03 PM

Watcha doing? by tango
April 21, 2024, 09:57:09 PM

How Do I Know God Exists? by Cloudwalker
April 20, 2024, 05:47:40 PM

The Battle For The Mind by Oscar_Kipling
April 18, 2024, 05:44:55 PM

Happy Bible Day (Simchat Torah) the value of God's WORD in our lives by Fenris