Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: When God created "Night" and "Heavens" in Genesis 1, were they not good?  (Read 8456 times)

gordon7

• View Profile
Maybe it's an AI :thinking:

Fenris:  "GMTA, I just made this observation on another discussion."

More testimony for the end..

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Fenris:   "Oh no. Are you one of those "no fun is allowed" religious types? Because those types are no fun at all."

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Fenris:   "Oh no. Are you one of those "no fun is allowed" religious types? Because those types are no fun at all."

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
Yup. Definitely a "no fun allowed" type.

gordon7

• View Profile

Yup. Definitely a "no fun allowed" type.

Matthew 26:68 Saying, Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee?

Psalm 2:Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,
3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
I really don't think that God is going to smite us for being in a good mood.

gordon7

• View Profile

Ecclesiastes 7:2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

James 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile

Ecclesiastes 7:2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

James 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
I can cherry pick verses too, mr "No Fun".

Deut 28: Because you did not serve the LORD your God joyfully and gladly in the time of prosperity

Deut 12 There, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your households shall eat and rejoice in all you do, because the LORD your God has blessed you.

Psalm 100 Serve the LORD with gladness; come into His presence with joyful songs.

Deut 16 And rejoice before the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name—you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, the Levites in your towns, and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows living among you.

Psalm 30 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

John 15 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

Psalm 5 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you.

Pslam 16 in your presence there is fullness of joy

Esther 8 The Jews had light and gladness and joy and honor.

And last but not least:

Romans 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice

I don't see you rejoicing with us.

ProDeo

• View Profile
Maybe it's an AI :thinking:

Ah, you beat me to it.

gordon7

• View Profile

I can cherry pick verses too, mr "No Fun".

Deut 28: Because you did not serve the LORD your God joyfully and gladly in the time of prosperity

Deut 12 There, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your households shall eat and rejoice in all you do, because the LORD your God has blessed you.

Psalm 100 Serve the LORD with gladness; come into His presence with joyful songs.

Deut 16 And rejoice before the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name—you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, the Levites in your towns, and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows living among you.

Psalm 30 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

John 15 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

Psalm 5 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you.

And last but not least:

Romans 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice

I don't see you rejoicing with us.

The prophets rejoiced, in persecution, the Jews of Israel that persecuted them to their death should know.

When men revile us, and say all manner evil against you, then you rejoice, as your reward is great in heaven. * not to be rejoicing and in a good mood because you feel like it, or you would have no change to begin rejoicing at the persecution and suffering of Christ in you.)

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

That is how you rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep ( both are together.)

Rejoicing any other way ( without a reason) is in iniquity, and not rejoicing in the truth.

That is why the Apostles, like the prophets of God, are joyful in their tribulation.

Romans 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

1 Corinthians 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

2 Corinthians 7:4 Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.

gordon7

• View Profile

The last quote speaks of the Jews, but the end of the Jews came with exile. ( no joy)

As I quoted for us, Israel mocked the messengers of God and killed those sent to them. ( the prophets)

Jesus showed all the prophets ( persecuted and killed by Israel) will be in the Kingdom of God. ( they had no joy without persecution from Israel.)

2 Chronicles 36:16 But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Matthew 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
The last quote speaks of the Jews, but the end of the Jews came with exile. ( no joy)
Have you ever met any Jews? They seem a pretty happy people to me. Some famous comedians, too. Three stooges, Marx brothers, Seinfeld, Jackie Mason...

2 Chronicles 36:16 But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy.
Why are you mocking us? Maybe we're the messenger of God!

gordon7

• View Profile
Have you ever met any Jews? They seem a pretty happy people to me. Some famous comedians, too. Three stooges, Marx brothers, Seinfeld, Jackie Mason...

Why are you mocking us? Maybe we're the messenger of God!

The testimony in the scriptures mock nobody, people mock the scriptures.

The exile came in 604 BC by king Nebuchadnezzar, and for two thousand years the Jews were wanderers among the nations. ( not a joyful experience, and it was not meant to be.)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
No, we mock people who post scriptures out of context.
The exile came in 604 BC by king Nebuchadnezzar, and for two thousand years the Jews were wanderers among the nations. ( not a joyful experience, and it was not meant to be.)
Who made it not joyful Gordon?

gordon7

• View Profile
Who made it not joyful Gordon?

The house of Israel went into captivity ( exile) for their iniquity. ( they went into captivity, to no joy by their own transgressions and trespasses against the Lord God.)

Ezekiel 39:23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Answer my question, Gordon. Who made it not joyful? Who oppressed the Jews in exile? That wasn't God, Gordon.

gordon7

• View Profile

Yes they mocked and mock on, nothing changed..

Psalm 35:16 With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.

Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
July 03, 2024, 12:27:20 AM

woke by ProDeo
June 28, 2024, 04:08:07 AM

The Rejection of Rejection by Fenris
June 27, 2024, 01:15:58 PM

Eschatology - Introduction PLEASE READ by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:39:59 AM

Baptism and Communion by Stephen Andrew
June 22, 2024, 05:35:20 AM

Faith and peace by Stephen Andrew