Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: A prophet like unto Moses  (Read 9539 times)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: A prophet like unto Moses
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2023, 05:07:41 PM »
Oh. Then Moses wasn't the first prophet.  As, prophecy in general is found in (Gen. 9:24-27).
That's not a prophecy, it's a blessing and a curse.

Oh yes, before Moses; Noah revealed things future also.  (Gen. 9:24-27)
Blessing

And Joseph revealed things future. (Gen. 37:1-10)
Dream
(Gen. 40:1-41:44)
Dream

Yes, Moses was unique just as the Prophet who God would raise up 'like unto Moses' would be unique also.
Prophets. People who spoke to God and came back with a message.

That's right.  At the time of writing (Deuteronomy), there was no prophet like unto Moses.

And God promises that there will be more. He also says there will be false prophets. One, if you're correct. Many, if I am. Just as there will be many prophets.

No, you're not amused.  You're scared. 
Osama threw a skyscraper at me. It's going to take more than you to frighten me.
Quantrill
Fenris, bound until Ragnarok.

Quantrill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2023, 05:42:41 PM »
@Fenris

A prophetic blessing and a curse is a prophecy.  (Deut. 27:11-28:48)  Do you really own a Bible?

Daniel had a prophetic dream prophecy.  (Dan. 7:1-28)  Do you really own a Bible.

Again, yes, Moses was unique.  Just as the Prophet Whom God would raise up to be like unto Moses would be unique. (Deut. 18:15-19)   

There are always false prophets in the cesspool of Israel.  There will be only one Prophet raised up to be like unto Moses. 

I didn't say you're scared of me.  I said you're scared.  You're scared to say what you really mean, by your own words.   Which, as I said, means what you do say is not to be believed.    Pretty simple really.

Quantrill

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2023, 11:29:36 AM »
A prophetic blessing and a curse is a prophecy.  (Deut. 27:11-28:48)
That's not prophecy. That's warning about the price for disobedience.

Do you really own a Bible?
Are you rude?

Daniel had a prophetic dream prophecy.  (Dan. 7:1-28) 
This is a vision of the future, but God does not speak to Daniel in this instance, so no, it is not a prophecy. Just as Pharoah's dreams are also not a prophecy.

Again, yes, Moses was unique.  Just as the Prophet Whom God would raise up to be like unto Moses would be unique. (Deut. 18:15-19)   

There are always false prophets in the cesspool of Israel.  There will be only one Prophet raised up to be like unto Moses. 
OK, let's read it your way. Who was that prophet? Jeremiah? Isaiah? Malachi? There are dozens to choose from.

cesspool of Israel
This is just plain rude. Israel may not have lived up to God's exacting standards, but by any measure they were far better than their neighbors. Yet you feel free to disparage them. You are not a prophet and you rebuke them from hate, not love. How un Christlike of you.

I didn't say you're scared of me.  I said you're scared.  You're scared to say what you really mean, by your own words. 
I don't always say what I'm thinking because it will result in a ban. And I like my little discussions here.

Not because I'm "afraid".
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 11:31:46 AM by Fenris »

Quantrill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2023, 01:43:12 PM »
@Fenris

(Deut. 27:11-28:48) is about future consequenses of obedience or disobedience.  Just because it is a warning doesn't mean it isn't a prophecy.   And, how has it worked out for Israel?   Just like it foretold.

Do you own a Bible?   Quick, go out and buy one so you can answer in the affirmitive.

In (Dan. 7:1-28), if God is not speaking to Daniel in the vision/dream, who is? (Dan. 2:19) "Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision..."  Who gave the dream to Nebuchadnezzar?  (Deut. 2:28) "But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days.  Thy dreams, and visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these"   Strange isn't it.  God gives a pagan king a dream/vision concerning latter days, before He gives it to the Jews. 

No, I haven't said that the Prophet is an Old Testament prophet.    Who is or will be the Prophet of (Deut. 18:15-19)?  He will be like unto Moses.

Un-Christlike?   I haven't mentioned Jesus Christ.  Why do you call me un-Christlike?   You find Christ in the New Testament, which you clearly said to me is not 'holy-writ'.  Thus if it is not Scriputre, then it has no authority.  So I cannot be 'un-Christlike' if the New Testament is not Scripture.

No, you're scared.  You're scared of the ban.  You're scared to say what you really mean and believe.  Thus, as I said, what you do say cannot be trusted.

Quantrill

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2023, 02:18:20 PM »
Do you own a Bible?   Quick, go out and buy one so you can answer in the affirmitive.

As I said, not cool. Let's pretend that we all have compelling reasons for believing what we do, and disagreement isn't tantamount to someone else not owning a bible.

This thread can cool off until tomorrow as well.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

Quantrill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2023, 03:12:01 PM »

As I said, not cool. Let's pretend that we all have compelling reasons for believing what we do, and disagreement isn't tantamount to someone else not owning a bible.

This thread can cool off until tomorrow as well.

Let's see.  This thread is placed in the arena of 'Bible Talk' and 'Just Bible'.  Yet whether someone owns a Bible or not doesn't matter? 

My, my...the prevelant 'wisdom' of Christianity today.   Boggles the mind.

Quantrill

Quantrill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2023, 03:14:44 PM »
@Fenris

Please respond to my post #(18).  You have had plenty of time.

Quantrill

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2023, 03:51:01 PM »

Let's see.  This thread is placed in the arena of 'Bible Talk' and 'Just Bible'.  Yet whether someone owns a Bible or not doesn't matter? 

Quantrill

As I'm sure you're aware, I have little patience for gaslighting and intellectual dishonesty. Be nice; the next ban is permanent.

Quantrill

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2023, 03:55:33 PM »

Quantrill

As I'm sure you're aware, I have little patience for gaslighting and intellectual dishonesty. Be nice; the next ban is permanent.

I don't even know what gaslighting means.  Nor do I understand why you say 'intellectual dishonesty'.  Where have I been 'intellecutally dishonest'? 

As I have said before, you do with your bans as you wish.  That doesn't stop me from speaking the truth. 

Quantrill

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2023, 04:30:54 PM »
I don't even know what gaslighting means.  Nor do I understand why you say 'intellectual dishonesty'.  Where have I been 'intellecutally dishonest'? 

As I have said before, you do with your bans as you wish.  That doesn't stop me from speaking the truth. 

Quantrill

Gaslighting is a form of (psychological manipulation). It could be reflected in something like, "but I was only innocently asking if Fenris owns a bible," when the question was insidious in implication.

In this instance, intellectual dishonesty refers to the idea that by calling you out on your question(s), I'm representing "the prevalent 'wisdom' of Christianity today". How could I possibly take issue with that question in a forum 'Bible Talk' or 'Just Bible' -- surely, owning a Bible is paramount!

Let's remind ourselves of what you said:

Do you own a Bible? Quick, go out and buy one so you can answer in the affirmitive.

A prophetic blessing and a curse is a prophecy.  (Deut. 27:11-28:48)  Do you really own a Bible?

Daniel had a prophetic dream prophecy.  (Dan. 7:1-28)  Do you really own a Bible.

I didn't say you're scared of me. I said you're scared. You're scared to say what you really mean, by your own words.   Which, as I said, means what you do say is not to be believed. Pretty simple really.

So, you deflect to 'Judaism'. That way you can avoid the Bible. More proof of the emptiness of 'Judaism'. You would rather believe man's religion then the Bible.

You can speak the truth (or whatever you seem to think is the truth) without being all 'resounding gong' rude, and you are being rude in making uncalled-for comments. Fenris is clearly engaging with you at a scriptural level.

It's up to you whether you stick around. Be nice, or keep it up with the rude, uncharitable, unkind, graceless attitude, and I'll invite you to take it elsewhere.

Quantrill

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2023, 01:52:33 PM »

Gaslighting is a form of (psychological manipulation). It could be reflected in something like, "but I was only innocently asking if Fenris owns a bible," when the question was insidious in implication.

In this instance, intellectual dishonesty refers to the idea that by calling you out on your question(s), I'm representing "the prevalent 'wisdom' of Christianity today". How could I possibly take issue with that question in a forum 'Bible Talk' or 'Just Bible' -- surely, owning a Bible is paramount!

Let's remind ourselves of what you said:

Do you own a Bible? Quick, go out and buy one so you can answer in the affirmitive.

I didn't say you're scared of me. I said you're scared. You're scared to say what you really mean, by your own words.   Which, as I said, means what you do say is not to be believed. Pretty simple really.

So, you deflect to 'Judaism'. That way you can avoid the Bible. More proof of the emptiness of 'Judaism'. You would rather believe man's religion then the Bible.

You can speak the truth (or whatever you seem to think is the truth) without being all 'resounding gong' rude, and you are being rude in making uncalled-for comments. Fenris is clearly engaging with you at a scriptural level.

It's up to you whether you stick around. Be nice, or keep it up with the rude, uncharitable, unkind, graceless attitude, and I'll invite you to take it elsewhere.

The question was to reflect the lack of knowledge Fenris displayed in saying a curse or blessing is not a prophecy.  And, by the way, it was never answered. 

My remark about Judaism was just.  Fenris saw it easier to base his statements on 'Judaism' then the Bible. 

A 'Scriptural level'?  In other words talking about the Bible and interpreting the Bible are not the same thing. 

No, it's up to you and your 'buds'.   Not me.  I noticed you never chastised Fenris for mocking my always singing my name at the end of my posts.  Never banned him for such.  And I never reacted badly toward him for his rudeness. His unkind attitude.  Nor did I run to you or anyone else to report it, as he did to you, begging you to ban me.  "Come on Mods".

You're not running a Bible Forum here.  You're running a Bible Bass Club.    You just need to be part of the Club.  Slap each other on the shoulder and run to each others aid, irregardless of who is right or wrong.

And your 'offer' of inviting me to leave is both rude and a lie.  You're not 'inviting'.  You would just ban me.  If you were offering  an invitation I would refuse.  But, as I said, do as you want with your ban.  Don't blame it on me. 

Quantrill

« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 01:54:05 PM by Quantrill »

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2023, 03:56:11 PM »
The question was to reflect the lack of knowledge Fenris displayed in saying a curse or blessing is not a prophecy.  And, by the way, it was never answered.

Instead of engaging in good faith with Fenris on how Deuteronomy 27 should be best understood, you seem to have thought it better to instead ask a question to "reflect the lack of knowledge Fenris displayed". "Quick Fenris, go buy a bible!" (The bad faith here concerns the approach to anything Fenris replies with, which will be discarded as informed by 'Judaism', and therefore wrong).

Perhaps you two could discuss what you both mean by 'prophecy' to ensure there is no miscommunication happening.

My remark about Judaism was just.  Fenris saw it easier to base his statements on 'Judaism' then the Bible.

Fenris was answering your question: it's not about 'those who ...stand in their own righteousness' according to his understanding of Scripture, which yes, is informed by Judaism just as yours is informed by Christianity.

A 'Scriptural level'?  In other words talking about the Bible and interpreting the Bible are not the same thing.

No, you two are discussing passages of Scripture, which is an interpretive act necessarily. Just as you can't separate your reading of these words from the interpretation of them.

No, it's up to you and your 'buds'.  Not me.

My 'buds' don't have any input in that respect. And yes, it's on you. Be as heated and engaged as you want, just don't be rude about it.

I noticed you never chastised Fenris for mocking my always singing my name at the end of my posts. Never banned him for such. And I never reacted badly toward him for his rudeness. His unkind attitude. Nor did I run to you or anyone else to report it, as he did to you, begging you to ban me. "Come on Mods".

You were banned because you ignored my request to stop with the comments, not because Fenris complained (as he is perfectly free to do, as are you). Do you want to complain about Fenris' snarkiness? I've no problem asking him to cut it out, if you think he's crossed a line.

You're not running a Bible Forum here. You're running a Bible Bass Club. You just need to be part of the Club. Slap each other on the shoulder and run to each others aid, irregardless of who is right or wrong.

I'm not running anything, actually. I'm just an annoying gadfly that sticks her head out when someone talks about the 'emptiness of Judaism' when talking with someone who is Jewish, alongside, 'do you own a Bible' in place of good faith discussion.

And your 'offer' of inviting me to leave is both rude and a lie.  You're not 'inviting'.  You would just ban me.  If you were offering  an invitation I would refuse.  But, as I said, do as you want with your ban.  Don't blame it on me.

Not one for rhetorical flair eh? Oh well.

With that, it's time to move on with the discussion. Let's have no more of this particular back-and-forth for now.

Quantrill

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2023, 06:08:33 PM »

Instead of engaging in good faith with Fenris on how Deuteronomy 27 should be best understood, you seem to have thought it better to instead ask a question to "reflect the lack of knowledge Fenris displayed". "Quick Fenris, go buy a bible!" (The bad faith here concerns the approach to anything Fenris replies with, which will be discarded as informed by 'Judaism', and therefore wrong).

Perhaps you two could discuss what you both mean by 'prophecy' to ensure there is no miscommunication happening.

Fenris was answering your question: it's not about 'those who ...stand in their own righteousness' according to his understanding of Scripture, which yes, is informed by Judaism just as yours is informed by Christianity.

No, you two are discussing passages of Scripture, which is an interpretive act necessarily. Just as you can't separate your reading of these words from the interpretation of them.

No, it's up to you and your 'buds'.  Not me.

My 'buds' don't have any input in that respect. And yes, it's on you. Be as heated and engaged as you want, just don't be rude about it.

I noticed you never chastised Fenris for mocking my always singing my name at the end of my posts. Never banned him for such. And I never reacted badly toward him for his rudeness. His unkind attitude. Nor did I run to you or anyone else to report it, as he did to you, begging you to ban me. "Come on Mods".

You were banned because you ignored my request to stop with the comments, not because Fenris complained (as he is perfectly free to do, as are you). Do you want to complain about Fenris' snarkiness? I've no problem asking him to cut it out, if you think he's crossed a line.

You're not running a Bible Forum here. You're running a Bible Bass Club. You just need to be part of the Club. Slap each other on the shoulder and run to each others aid, irregardless of who is right or wrong.

I'm not running anything, actually. I'm just an annoying gadfly that sticks her head out when someone talks about the 'emptiness of Judaism' when talking with someone who is Jewish, alongside, 'do you own a Bible' in place of good faith discussion.

Not one for rhetorical flair eh? Oh well.

With that, it's time to move on with the discussion. Let's have no more of this particular back-and-forth for now.

So, where did my former post go?   

As I said, when you say something, you call it 'rhetorical flair'.   But when I say something, you call it 'gaslighting'.  What hypocrisy...and that from a so-called 'moderator'.   You're a disgrace to your position. 

You and this forum will go no-where.  Why?  Because of those like you who are in position of leadership.  Just look at the recent 'topics'.  What do you see?   Nothing.

May the LORD continue to bless you with 'nothing'.

Quantrill

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2023, 04:36:21 AM »
So, where did my former post go?

Remember when I said, "Let's have no more of this particular back-and-forth for now."?

Goodbye.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2023, 05:03:25 PM »
Minus the animus and disputation that recently bogged down this thread, I'd like to point out that the crux of the OP has yet to be addressed by anyone. That being, the list of parallel life events and attributes shared by Moses and Jesus -- which evince His being the prophet in question. To reiterate:

1. Both Moses and Jesus were spared from a massacre of infants.
2. Both appeared as God's spokesman after 400 years of His silence, during a period of Gentile oppression.
3. Both instituted a covenant in which blood preserved the faithful from God's judgment.
4. Both enjoyed an exceptionally close realtionship with God.
5. Both wielded supernatural power as divine credentials.
6. Both interceded for the people, seeking to shield them from God's judgment.
7. Both glowed with God's glory after being in His direct presence.

Of the billions of people throughout the history of the human race, all 7 of these are true only of Jesus and Moses. These striking parallels make Jesus "like" Moses in a very profound way, and this fact stands on its own merit even if one favors the view that Deut 18:15 refers to a succession of prophets rather than a particular individual.

On that last point, John 1:21 reveals that Jews of the first century were anticipating the appearance of a particular prophet associated with the coming of the Messiah. The context clearly indicates they were looking for someone that had been foretold. If the prophet they spoke of was not the one referred to by Moses, then who was he? Moreover, that passage is undoubtedly what Jesus meant when He said Moses wrote of Him. (John 5:45-47)
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by Athanasius
Today at 04:37:15 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Oscar_Kipling
Today at 03:29:45 PM

In Jesus name, Amen by ProDeo
September 14, 2024, 03:18:27 AM

Is free will a failed concept? by Athanasius
August 26, 2024, 07:53:30 AM

Was the Father's will always subordinate to the Son's will? by CrimsonTide21
August 23, 2024, 11:08:52 AM

Faith and peace by CrimsonTide21