Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: all righteousness is from Christ  (Read 6682 times)

gordon7

• View Profile
Re: all righteousness is from Christ
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2023, 04:44:05 AM »
we must not strive against each other
I don't think we're capable of changing each other's outlook necessarily. But we can at least try to understand each other better. All of us.

Yes we can try to better understand each other, and  then I can share my understanding/knowledge of the scriptures.

I noticed you were having a discussion on Isaiah 64.

Christians believe that all scriptures of the bible speak of the Messiah. What the Messiah had to accomplish for Israel, and also to bring light to the Gentiles. ( salvation, then to the world.)

For that perspective ( of the scriptures speaking about the Messiah.) it is good to begin at Psalm 14.

The fools say there is no God, they are corrupt and have done abominable works, and there is none that does good. ( all are become fools. Romans 1:22.)

God looked on all the children of men, to see if any that understand and seek God ?

But all went aside, they all together became filthy, (all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags, Isaiah 64:6.) there is one that does good, no, not one.

All the workers of iniquity have no knowledge, they call not upon the Lord, they shame the counsel of the poor, for God is in the generation of the righteous, and the Lord is their refuge.

Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion!

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.
5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.
6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge.

Psalm 14:7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

Now the testimony through Isaiah.

God will bring His righteousness, and His salvation will not tarry, and He will place salvation in Zion for Israel His glory.

How beautiful the feet of him that brings good tidings, publishing peace, that brings good tidings of good, that publishes salvation, that says to Zion, your God reigns.

For Zions sake He will not hold His peace, for Jerusalem's sake He will not rest, until the righteousness thereof goes forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burns.

Behold the Lord proclaimed until the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

And there is none that calls upon your name, that stirs up himself to take hold of thee, for you have hid your face from us, and have consumed us, because of our iniquities.

Rejoice greatly, daughter of Zion; shout, daughter of Jerusalem, behold, your King comes unto you, He is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon a donkey, and upon a colt the foal of a donkey.

Isaiah 46:13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Isaiah 62:1 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.

Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
7 And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Gentiles are no better than Jews, as all are under sin together. ( they are testified to have no righteousness.)

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Psalms and Isaiah spoke about the destruction of Israel, and the captivity of its people.

THIS IS WHEN salvation came out of Zion.

God places salvation in Zion, for Israel His glory.

How beautiful the feet of Him that brings good tidings, that publishes salvation, that says to Zion, your God reigns.

The Lord proclaimed until the end of the world, Say you to the daughter of Zion, Behold, your salvation comes behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.

Daughter of Zion; shout, daughter of Jerusalem, behold, your King comes unto you, He is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

According to the Lords word, His salvation, prepared before the face of all people, a light to lighten the Gentiles and the glory of His people, Israel..

Luke 2:29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

The Messiah cannot do any offence by fulfilling what He had spoken inside of His prophets to be fulfilled....

Matthew 21:1 And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples,
2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.
3 And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them.
4 All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,
5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

That is salvation and righteousness, because before the Messiah comes to earth, He has testified that the earth had no righteousness, so they can only believe in Him, or not, as the Pharisees never did, as Jesus Christ is that righteousness and salvation of God...

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Quantrill

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2023, 02:06:02 PM »

That doesn't mean he is the only voice. Who said "I am the first and I am the last"?  (Is 48) Is that Isaiah too?

Then why can't he describe things in the future?

I have said, multiple times, that its not about judgment but about mourning. Just as Is 60 is about rejoicing.

Enough.

The generation that saw the destruction, descibing their feelings.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with judgement or standing on righteousness.

Judaism is about sanctification, not judgement.

God is the Author of the Bible. He speaks through those He chooses to write the Bible.  Isaiah wrote the Book of Isaiah. (Is. 48:12) is the Word of God spoken to and written by Isaiah.

Enough?  Yet you didn't answer the question.  Speaks volumes.

Of course Isaiah can speak to things in the future.  That is what I said.  (Is. 64:6) doesn't just speak to 586 B.C., as you say.   It speaks to those in the past, (Is. 64:2-3),  and future, (Is. 64:11).  "...we are all as an unclean thing, and all our rightousnesses are as filthy rags"

Yes, you 'say' a lot of things.  But I have showed you that (Is. 64) is about judgement.  You have showed me nothing.

Again, you're afraid to say what you really believe.  By your own testimony.  You say 'enough'. Why?  Because you don't want to answer my question.  My question is, if (Is. 64:6) is not speaking to all, then who are those itis not speaking to?   In other words, who are those who stand in their own righteousness?  You? Do you stand in your own righteousness?

So, you deflect to 'Judaism'.  That way you can avoid the Bible. More proof of the emptiness of 'Judaism'.  You would rather believe man's religion then the Bible.

Quantrill

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2023, 02:34:26 PM »
Yes we can try to better understand each other, and  then I can share my understanding/knowledge of the scriptures.
Lovely! Lets us compare and contrast then.

Christians believe that all scriptures of the bible speak of the Messiah. What the Messiah had to accomplish for Israel, and also to bring light to the Gentiles. ( salvation, then to the world.)
Jews believe that the bible tells the story of a people. A people chosen by God and given the responsibility of bringing the knowledge of ethical monotheism into the world.

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.
5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.
6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge.

Psalm 14:7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
I see where you are going with this. But it doesn't have to be understood that way. Verse 4 is the clue: Who "ate up" God's people? The nations who exiled them, Babylonia and Rome. That's who the Psalm is talking about. Not His people, and not all the nations of the world, either. That's why it ends with "when the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people", when the Jewish exile is ended.

Isaiah 46:13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Isaiah 62:1 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.

Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
7 And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

I don't see the productivity of citing isolated verses, bereft of the context of their chapter. I know Christians do this a lot. I don't have to agree with it or the interpolations that follow from this practice.

Gentiles are no better than Jews, as all are under sin together.
I don't believe that anybody is "under sin".  All humans have free will and the ability to choose right and wrong.

The Messiah cannot do any offence by fulfilling what He had spoken inside of His prophets to be fulfilled....
You and I will disagree as to the messiah's role. And that's fine.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2023, 02:43:48 PM »

God is the Author of the Bible. He speaks through those He chooses to write the Bible.  Isaiah wrote the Book of Isaiah. (Is. 48:12) is the Word of God spoken to and written by Isaiah.
In addition to be incredibly rude, you appear to have a reading comprehension issue. When Isaiah says something, it could be him speaking, or God speaking, or even someone else speaking. God said "I am the first and the last". Not Isaiah. On the other hand God did not say "Our sanctuary and our glory, wherein our forefathers praised You is burnt with fire, and all our coveted places have become a waste." And Isaiah didn't either. It was the people who actually witnessed those events. Get it?

Enough?  Yet you didn't answer the question.  Speaks volumes.
Enough? You are incredibly rude.

Of course Isaiah can speak to things in the future.  That is what I said.  (Is. 64:6) doesn't just speak to 586 B.C., as you say.   It speaks to those in the past, (Is. 64:2-3),  and future, (Is. 64:11).  "...we are all as an unclean thing, and all our rightousnesses are as filthy rags"
I don't even know what this means. Like most everything else that you say.

Yes, you 'say' a lot of things.  But I have showed you that (Is. 64) is about judgement. 
Its about a people mourning. This is the plain text.

Again, you're afraid to say what you really believe.
You're right, I'm freaking terrified, after I chat with you I go hide in fear.

By your own testimony.  You say 'enough'. Why?  Because you don't want to answer my question.  My question is, if (Is. 64:6) is not speaking to all, then who are those itis not speaking to?
It's not speaking "to" anyone. It's the lamentation upon the destruction of Jerusalem.

So, you deflect to 'Judaism'.  That way you can avoid the Bible. More proof of the emptiness of 'Judaism'.

Judaism has enriched people's lives for thousands of years. It's a shame you're so close minded as to not be willing to see any of it.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2023, 03:22:53 PM »
So, you deflect to 'Judaism'.  That way you can avoid the Bible. More proof of the emptiness of 'Judaism'.  You would rather believe man's religion then the Bible.

Any more like this and I'll be inviting you to cool off for a few days.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2023, 05:28:58 PM »
Christians who speak of "the emptiness of Judaism" seem to forget that both Jesus and His disciples were devout Jews, without whom there would be no Christianity. They also forget that the Apostle Paul, a Pharisee who once mercilessly persecuted early Christians, wrote the Gentile Christians in Rome that partial blindness has come upon Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles is complete. He also reminded them not become boastful and ungracious:

Now if some branches have been broken off, and you, a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others to share in the nourishment of the olive root, do not boast over those branches. If you do, remember this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” That is correct: They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will certainly not spare you either.
(Romans 11:17-21)

The time a Christian spends spewing venom at someone for not believing Jesus is the Messiah would be spent more productively praying for the individual, and demonstrating the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. It would also be far more pleasing to the Lord they profess to serve. A snarling wolf in sheep's clothing serves little purpose but to create strife and contention. (Rom 11:17-21)
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Quantrill

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2023, 06:09:46 PM »
Removed

Quantrill

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2023, 06:13:42 PM »

Any more like this and I'll be inviting you to cool off for a few days.

Do what you think best.  I will not be silenced liked 'Fenris' is with fear.  I believe and know what I am saying.

Quantrill
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 02:09:03 AM by Quantrill »

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2023, 07:40:29 PM »
  Quit hedging.  Be a man.  A doubtful expectation.
C'mon mods, really?

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2023, 07:42:35 PM »
Christians who speak of "the emptiness of Judaism" seem to forget that both Jesus and His disciples were devout Jews, without whom there would be no Christianity.
In this vein, for those interested in history I have to recommend an excellent book, "A history of the Jews", by Paul Johnson (who sadly passed away recently.) 

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2023, 05:11:10 AM »
Lovely! Lets us compare and contrast then.
[/quote]

I am going to share more testimony, that all righteousness comes from Jesus Christ. ( the Messiah.)

King Solomon asked of God a wise and understanding heart, to judge Israel with.

But the wisdom of Solomon was limited, because the wives of Solomon turned his heart away after other gods.

1 Kings 3:12 Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.

1 Kings 11:4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father.

Hear what the queen of Sheba said to king Solomon.

Happy for the men who stood before Solomon to hear his wisdom, and blessed is the Lord God of king Solomon , who delighted in Solomon to set him upon the throne of Israel, because the Lord loved Israel for ever, that is why the Lord made Solomon to be king, to do judgement and justice.

1 Kings 10:8 Happy are thy men, happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and that hear thy wisdom.
9 Blessed be the Lord thy God, which delighted in thee, to set thee on the throne of Israel: because the Lord loved Israel for ever, therefore made he thee king, to do judgment and justice.

Remember now the judgement and justice of Solomon.

To every thing there is a season and as time to every purpose under heaven.

1. A time to be born and a time to die.

2. A time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted.

3. A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up.

4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.

5. A time to love, and a time to hate.  A time of war, and a time of peace.

Solomon saw under the sun the place of judgement, wickedness was there, and the place of righteousness, iniquity was there.

Solomon said in his wise heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Ecclesiastes 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

Ecclesiastes 8:5 Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.
6 Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.

Now let the wise mans heart discern both time and judgement.

In Daniel it is testified that God changes the times and the seasons, removes kings and sets up kings, He gives wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding.

Daniel 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Now a wise man should understand that the times were changed by God. ( a new time for every purpose under Heaven.)

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2023, 05:12:13 AM »
Beginning with 1. a time to be born and a time to die.

King David the father of Solomon, asked life of the Lord God, and the Lord gave him his desire, ( Psalm 27:4. 37:4. 132:14.) even length of days for ever and ever. At mount Zion the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

Incline your ear and come and hear, and your soul shall live, and God will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

As concerning Christ the Son of David, that God raised Him from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, God said, I will give unto you the sure mercies of David.

For David, fell in sleep and saw corruption, but He who God raised again ( from the dead) saw no corruption, be it known unto you therefore, that through this man ( the man Jesus Christ.) is preached unto us the forgiveness of sins, and byHim all that believe are justified from all things, from which we could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Psalm 21:4 He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.

Psalm 133:3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Acts 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Speaking of the everlasting covenant God made with us. ( which is life for evermore.)

David said for God to have mercy on us ( to give unto David, the sure mercies of David.) according to His lovingkindness and the multitude of His tender mercies, to blot out our transgressions.

For God to wash us thoroughly from our iniquity ( remember the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.) and cleanse us from our sin.

Against God only have we sinned and done evil in His sight, that God may be justified when He speaks, and be clear when He judges.

Unto them ( the Jews.) were committed the oracles of God.

If some did not believe in His testimonies, their unbelief did not make the faith of God without effect.

God is true, that He might be justified in His sayings, and might overcome when He is judged. ( by those who do not believe in the testimonies of God.)

Psalm 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Romans 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Now 2. A time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted.

God would give to those who mourn in Zion, beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, for therm to be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified.

He shall be as a tree planted by the waters, her leaf shall be green, and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding.

God will raise for them ( Israel.) a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. ( a time to plant, not to be plucked up.)

In Matthew, it was asked if the tares should gathered up. ( plucked up) but it was answered if that was done, the wheat might be rooted up with them. Both grow together, ( the wicked, and the righteous planting of the Lord.) until the harvest ( end of the world.) then the wheat is gathered, and the tares are gathered to be burnt in bundles.

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.
8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Ezekiel 34:29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.

Matthew 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Now 3. A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up.

The people ( of Israel) were told, they hear indeed, but they understand not, they see indeed, but they perceive not. The heart of the people is made fat, their ears made heavy, and their eyes shut, unless they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears and understand with their heart, and convert and be healed.

Jesus spoke of the temple of His body, that if the temple was destroyed by the builders, ( broken down.) He will raise it up in three days. ( it was broken in that day, and so the poor of the flock that waited upon the Lord, knew that it was the Word of the Lord.)

He was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, with His stripes we are healed.

His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, for us to be dead to sins to live unto righteousness, by His stripes we were healed.

Isaiah 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. ( Matthew 13:15.)

Zechariah 11:11 And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the Lord.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Now 4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.

The time to dance came to king David, dancing before the Lord with all his might. ( Michel Saul's daughter saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord, and she despised David in her heart.)

David answered it was before the Lord, which chose him before Saul, to appoint David ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel, therefore he will play before the Lord. David would do more, and be base in his own sight, and be had in honor.

Jesus ( the Son of David.) said to the disciples, they shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice, they shall be sorrowful, but their sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Jesus said they have sorrow ( as Jesus had to die and go away.) but He will see them again, and their heart shall rejoice, and their joy no man takes from them. ( everlasting joy, no more time for weeping and mourning.)

2 Samuel 6:14 And David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.
15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the Lord with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.
16 And as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord; and she despised him in her heart.

2 Samuel 6:21 And David said unto Michal, It was before the Lord, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel: therefore will I play before the Lord.
22 And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.

John 16:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

Lastly 5. A time to love, and a time to hate.  A time of war, and a time of peace.

A time to love and hate, a time of war and of peace ?

God judged among the nations, and rebuked many people, they beat their swords into plowshares, their spears into pruninghooks, to not learn war any more.

Jesus answered to Pilate the Roman governor, that His Kingdom is not from here, not of this world, if His Kingdom was of this world, His servants would have fought, that He should not be delivered to the Jews.

Jesus spoke how we heard we should love our neighbour and hate our enemy, but He said to us, to love our enemies, bless those who curse you, and do good to those who hate you, to be the children of our Father which is in Heaven, who makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain in the just and on the unjust.

Jesus told us also, that whosoever lives and believes on Him shall never die.

The Word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ, ( He is Lord of all.) that Word we know, which was published throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached. ( Isaiah 9:1 Galilee of the nations.)

Isaiah 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. ( Micah 4:3.)

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2023, 05:13:00 AM »
The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made us free from the law of sin and death.

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Now that it is understood how what king Solomon testified, is completed by Christ, ( the end of the law for righteousness.) then we can understand why Jesus said the queen of the south shall rise up in the judgement with that generation ( that believed not in the Messiah.) and condemn it, as she did come from a long way on the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and in front of Israel, who came to them, a greater than Solomon was there, but they did not hear.

Matthew 12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2023, 05:34:43 AM »
Now pay attention wise men. ( is that not why people have discussions, as they think they have wisdom to share ?

There is no wisdom in the grave were all men go. ( mans wisdom amounts to death, it is not a very reliable wisdom.)

The wise men are ashamed, dismayed and taken, lo, they have rejected the Word of the Lord, what wisdom is in them. ( in the grave were they go.)

Let no man DECEIVE HIMSELF, if any man seems to be wise in this world, let him become a fool to be wise, for the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, it is written He takes the wise in their own craftiness, and again, the Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain, therefore glory not in men. ( believe in the testimony of God only, which is the life given through the life Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour gave for us all, there is nothing further to discuss)

God destroys the wisdom of the wise, and has brought to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

We preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; but unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Jeremiah 8:9 The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the Lord; and what wisdom is in them?

1 Corinthians 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2023, 08:07:19 AM »
Keeping on the theme of Solomon, that he told how there is no wisdom in the grave. ( Ecclesiastes 9:10.)

Solomon here in Ecclesiastes, exhorts how he that is joined to the living has hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

We are testified, Judah shall be praised of his brothers, bowing down to him.

Judah is a lions whelp, he crouched as a lion, and as an old lion.

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver until Shiloh come, and unto Him, shall the gathering of the people be. Binding His foal to the vine, His ass's colt unto the choice vine, washing His garments in wine, and His clothes in the blood of grapes.

One of the elders  in Revelation said, weep not, behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the book ( of life) and to loosen the seven seals of it.

John beheld, and lo, in the middle of the throne stood a Lamb, as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Asa king of Judah was told: For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him.  Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

Zechariah talked with the angel, who asked what he saw ? Zechariah said he saw: a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof: And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.

Zechariah was told by the angel, this is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts.

The angel also told Zechariah: the hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you.

For they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Ecclesiastes 9:4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Genesis 49:8 Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee.
9 Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?
10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
11 Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:
12 His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk.

Revelation 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

Zechariah 4:2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:

Zechariah 4:3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
4 So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

Zechariah 4:9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you.

Zechariah 4:10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

The seven eyes sent into all the earth were who the Lord sent to us.

Not by might or power, but BY HIS SPIRIT. ( the seven eyes are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth, which is the Lamb who had seven horns and seven eyes..)

Laying the foundation of the house and also finishing it. ( to know that the Lord of hosts sent Him unto us, for Christ to lay the foundation, Himself being the chief corner stone and we built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets. 1 Corinthians 3:11. Ephesians 2:20.)

Then we know the Lord is in the middle of Israel, and it came to pass in those days, the Lord poured out upon all flesh His Spirit, and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days, the Lord poured out His Spirit.

I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, before the great and terrible day of the Lord came, and it came to pass that whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be delivered, for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

You men of Israel, hear these words, Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by Him in the middle of you, ( the Lord fulfilled Joel 2:30, of showing wonders in the heavens and in the earth through Christ.) Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, you have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be held of it. ( the Lamb having seven horns and seven eyes as it had been slain.)

David spoke concerning Him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for He is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: because you will not leave my soul in hell, neither will you suffer your Holy One to see corruption. You have made known to me the ways of life; you shall make me full of joy with your countenance.  (Jesus Christ the Holy One did not see corruption, so that king David could rest in hope.)

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Joel 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

Joel 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

The God of Israel chose Saul ( Paul.)  to see that Just One, and hear the voice of HIs mouth. ( because Christ was risen form the dead now.)

Then it was told to Paul, why delay, arise and be baptized and wash away his sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Apostle Paul then teaches, when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins which were by the law, worked in us to bring forth fruit unto death. ( remember a living dog has more hope than a dead lion.)

But now, ( in the greater wisdom of Christ than Solomon, and all others with no wisdom in the grave.) we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held, to serve in newness of Spirit, not in the oldness of the letter. ( as God poured out His Spirit upon us in these days through Jesus Christ.)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which in His abundant mercy, begat us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.    ( there is no hope in the grave for Abraham, for Isaac, for Jacob, for David, for Solomon or for anyone in the law of Israel, as there is more hope to those joined to the living, which is being joined to the living Jesus Christ in the hope of eternal life, which God who cannot lie promised before the world began. Ecclesiastes 9:4. Titus 1:2.)

To an inheritance incorruptible, ( all others but Jesus Christ see corruption.) and undefiled, and that fades not away, reserved in heaven for us, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Acts 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Peter 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by Athanasius
Today at 04:37:15 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Oscar_Kipling
Today at 03:29:45 PM

In Jesus name, Amen by ProDeo
September 14, 2024, 03:18:27 AM

Is free will a failed concept? by Athanasius
August 26, 2024, 07:53:30 AM

Was the Father's will always subordinate to the Son's will? by CrimsonTide21
August 23, 2024, 11:08:52 AM

Faith and peace by CrimsonTide21