Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Chronology  (Read 14066 times)

Oseas

• View Profile
Re: Chronology
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2021, 10:44:05 PM »
Lots of people seem to want to apply the 1290 days of Dan 12 to the Antichrist. I don't believe it does. I believe it represents the reign of Antiochus 4. We have two major figures in the book of Daniel, among others--Antiochus 4 and the Antichrist. We read of the Antichrist as the "Little Horn" in Dan 7. And we read about Antiochus 4 in both Dan 8 and Dan 11. Dan 12 ends the book of Daniel by discussing both of these major characters. The Antichrist reigns for 3.5 years. And Antiochus 4 reigns for 1290 days with respect to his persecution of the Jewish People. Just my opinion.

1 John 2:v.18-21 reveal:
18 Little children, it is the LAST time: and as ye have heard that antichrist SHALL COME, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the Truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the Truth.

John the Apostle of our Lord is revealing that the Antichrist SHALL COME. The true Church of the LORD was being persecuted, Paul Apostle, author of the Epistle to the Romans, after his conversion to Christianity was arrested in Cesareia, he made his own defense at his Judgment. The Jews asked to the governor called Festus to send Paul to Jerusalem, but Paul told NO ONE could turn him over to the Jews (Paul knew that the Jews wanted to kill him), then, when he finished his defense, he appealed to Caesar at his Judgment. "Then Festus, when he had conferred with the council, answered, Hast thou appealed unto Caesar? unto Caesar shalt thou go-Acts 25:v.12. Paul's journey to Italy-Rome was full of obstacles and difficulties for his survival, great risk of losing his life, but GOD was with him and kept him, and he arrived in Rome safe and sound after several months of great sufferings.

The Apostle Paul, whose name was originally Saul, was a Jew from a very orthodox line of Pharisaism. He was a student of Gamaliel, but unlike his mentor, he was known for his persecution of Christians. Paul also had Roman citizenship, he was born in Tarsus, the capital of Cilicia, this was and made a great difference in his ministry. Cilicia is an early Roman province on what is today the southern coast of Turkey.

There were many many Jews in Rome, and the fame of a new "religion or sect" planted by JESUS in Israel was spreading everywhere. Three days after he arrived in Rome, Paul called the Jewish leaders in Rome, as a result, many Jews in Rome came to visit him, and Paul explained that he was arrested because of his faith in Israel's hope. They decided to hear more (Acts 28:17-22), and a large number of Jews gathered at Paul's house, and he tried to convince them about Jesus (28:23) and the Kingdom of God, there was a division among the Jews, some believing and others rejecting the Word (28:24-29).

Then the Church of our Lord JESUS developed itself in Rome, and Satan in parallel worked too. Thus Paul was concerned about the apostasy in the Church of Rome, he took very care for the spiritual development of the brothers in Rome. Paul gave his last instructions and admonitions to the brothers of the Church in Rome, warning them of an apostate movement mainly by Jews among the brothers, even in the Church of the Lord there established by him and other apostles.Rom.16:17-20:

-17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and AVOID THEM.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by GOOD WORDS and FAIR SPEECHES DECEIVE the hearts of the simple.
19 For YOUR OBEDIENCE is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
20 And the GOD of peace SHALL BRUISE SATAN UNDER YOUR FEET SHORTLY.THIS WILL FULFILL LIETERALLY FROM NOW ON-HALLELUJAH!

John Apostle also wrote about the apostasy mainly about the primitive and true Church of the LORD in Rome, as follow:

1 John 2:v.19 - They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out,that they might be made manifest that THEY WERE NOT ALL OF US.

It is very interesting this revelation of the Apostle John concerning the primitive and genuine Church of the LORD in Rome, which apostatized even in the time of the Apostles, mainly the Jewish believers, and it linked politically to the Roman Empire, and the Church was called Catholic Church, and become a CORRUPTED CHURCH in the hands of Satan.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2021, 01:23:36 AM »
Lots of people seem to want to apply the 1290 days of Dan 12 to the Antichrist. I don't believe it does. I believe it represents the reign of Antiochus 4. We have two major figures in the book of Daniel, among others--Antiochus 4 and the Antichrist. We read of the Antichrist as the "Little Horn" in Dan 7. And we read about Antiochus 4 in both Dan 8 and Dan 11. Dan 12 ends the book of Daniel by discussing both of these major characters. The Antichrist reigns for 3.5 years. And Antiochus 4 reigns for 1290 days with respect to his persecution of the Jewish People. Just my opinion.

1 John 2:v.18-21 reveal:
18 Little children, it is the LAST time: and as ye have heard that antichrist SHALL COME, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the Truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the Truth.

John the Apostle of our Lord is revealing that the Antichrist SHALL COME. The true Church of the LORD was being persecuted, Paul Apostle, author of the Epistle to the Romans, after his conversion to Christianity was arrested in Cesareia, he made his own defense at his Judgment. The Jews asked to the governor called Festus to send Paul to Jerusalem, but Paul told NO ONE could turn him over to the Jews (Paul knew that the Jews wanted to kill him), then, when he finished his defense, he appealed to Caesar at his Judgment. "Then Festus, when he had conferred with the council, answered, Hast thou appealed unto Caesar? unto Caesar shalt thou go-Acts 25:v.12. Paul's journey to Italy-Rome was full of obstacles and difficulties for his survival, great risk of losing his life, but GOD was with him and kept him, and he arrived in Rome safe and sound after several months of great sufferings.

The Apostle Paul, whose name was originally Saul, was a Jew from a very orthodox line of Pharisaism. He was a student of Gamaliel, but unlike his mentor, he was known for his persecution of Christians. Paul also had Roman citizenship, he was born in Tarsus, the capital of Cilicia, this was and made a great difference in his ministry. Cilicia is an early Roman province on what is today the southern coast of Turkey.

There were many many Jews in Rome, and the fame of a new "religion or sect" planted by JESUS in Israel was spreading everywhere. Three days after he arrived in Rome, Paul called the Jewish leaders in Rome, as a result, many Jews in Rome came to visit him, and Paul explained that he was arrested because of his faith in Israel's hope. They decided to hear more (Acts 28:17-22), and a large number of Jews gathered at Paul's house, and he tried to convince them about Jesus (28:23) and the Kingdom of God, there was a division among the Jews, some believing and others rejecting the Word (28:24-29).

Then the Church of our Lord JESUS developed itself in Rome, and Satan in parallel worked too. Thus Paul was concerned about the apostasy in the Church of Rome, he took very care for the spiritual development of the brothers in Rome. Paul gave his last instructions and admonitions to the brothers of the Church in Rome, warning them of an apostate movement mainly by Jews among the brothers, even in the Church of the Lord there established by him and other apostles.Rom.16:17-20:

-17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and AVOID THEM.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by GOOD WORDS and FAIR SPEECHES DECEIVE the hearts of the simple.
19 For YOUR OBEDIENCE is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
20 And the GOD of peace SHALL BRUISE SATAN UNDER YOUR FEET SHORTLY.THIS WILL FULFILL LIETERALLY FROM NOW ON-HALLELUJAH!

John Apostle also wrote about the apostasy mainly about the primitive and true Church of the LORD in Rome, as follow:

1 John 2:v.19 - They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out,that they might be made manifest that THEY WERE NOT ALL OF US.

It is very interesting this revelation of the Apostle John concerning the primitive and genuine Church of the LORD in Rome, which apostatized even in the time of the Apostles, mainly the Jewish believers, and it linked politically to the Roman Empire, and the Church was called Catholic Church, and become a CORRUPTED CHURCH in the hands of Satan.

I have no idea why you shared all that historical information, unless it was to propagate an anti-Catholic message? At any rate, I, being Protestant, have no doubt that the historic Catholic Church had problems from the beginning.

However, throughout history many good and honorable Christians have come through the Catholic Church, despite its corruptions. And in modern times, even though Catholicism has ventured far from its more balanced roots, still many genuine Christians remain within that communion, even if they've been negatively affected.

I have no interest in damning historic Catholicism, since most of us trace our roots from there. However, in these last times I would agree that Antichristianity has taken root in the heart of Europe, which is Rome's heritage. And it is likely, I think, that Catholicism is already at the breaking point, spiritually.

The current pope is saying some pretty compromised things because I think he has been overly impacted by modernism and by progressivism, or humanism. We should go back to primitive Christianity, in which Christ determines our orthodoxy and our assemblies--not traditional ecclesiology.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2021, 03:27:02 AM »

Two things:

- Be more responsible in your claims regarding the early Church about which Paul wrote.
- I won't tolerate any further Catholic/RCC bashing.

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

ross3421

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2021, 12:09:31 PM »
well the next thing that happens before the ac shows up is all his enimies and the city is destroyed just as it will be when god returns.

so that being the case and 90 percent of belivers live in the us then who is to die next.....

matt 24, 6,7 ww3 will happen next killing off the 90 plus percent the remainder belivers elsewhere to fight in the battle against satan himself so if you live in the us you will die a nuclear death and or by manufactored plagues.  it is only after this will the man of sin be revealed and his mark given.  note same when god/christ is revealed and his mark given.   the city destroyed though not babylon will be represented to the world as nyc.

there is a high potential ww3 will happen 2024/25 when the next president trump? is in office.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2021, 01:02:54 PM »
well the next thing that happens before the ac shows up is all his enimies and the city is destroyed just as it will be when god returns.

so that being the case and 90 percent of belivers live in the us then who is to die next.....

matt 24, 6,7 ww3 will happen next killing off the 90 plus percent the remainder belivers elsewhere to fight in the battle against satan himself so if you live in the us you will die a nuclear death and or by manufactored plagues.  it is only after this will the man of sin be revealed and his mark given.  note same when god/christ is revealed and his mark given.   the city destroyed though not babylon will be represented to the world as nyc.

there is a high potential ww3 will happen 2024/25 when the next president trump? is in office.

I sure hope you're wrong! There is a Scripture where it is said that God causes weapons to be formed for their use. What has God formed nuclear weapons for? I'm hoping He waits until things get worse before using them!

I dare say that when I say that God "uses man's weapons," I'm attacked for assigning corrupt human machinations to God Himself. But if we really believe that God is guiding all things, and not just "holding the universe together," then surely Man can only strike with nukes when God allows it?

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2021, 01:50:14 PM »
But if we really believe that God is guiding all things, and not just "holding the universe together," then surely Man can only strike with nukes when God allows it?
Amos 3:6 When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? and more generally, Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2022, 01:49:33 PM »
But if we really believe that God is guiding all things, and not just "holding the universe together," then surely Man can only strike with nukes when God allows it?
Amos 3:6 When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? and more generally, Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Whoa, you're more true to the Scriptures than many Christian friends of mine! Thanks.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2022, 03:46:52 PM »
Whoa, you're more true to the Scriptures than many Christian friends of mine! Thanks.
Thanks for the compliment!

I'm not going to sit around and worry about getting nuked. God is in control and everything will happen according to His plan. 

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2022, 07:58:38 PM »

Isaiah 14:v.24 - The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:

Jeremiah 30:v. 23-24
23 Behold, the whirlwind of the Lord goeth forth with fury, a continuing whirlwind: it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.
24 The fierce anger of the Lord shall not return, until he hath done it, and until he have performed the intents of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it.

Revelation 11:v.15 and 18
15 - The kingdoms of this world (Devil's world) are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
18 - The nations were (WILL BE) angry, and thy wrath (GOD's WRATH) is come ... and should destroy them which destroy the earth.     (THIS PROPHECY WILL FULFIL LITERALLY FROM NOW ON)

2 Peter 3:v.11-12
11 Seeing then that ALL THESE THINGS shall be DISSOLVED (as an great implosian), what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of this day of God (the LORD's DAY), wherein the heavens (heavens HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SKY) being on FIRE shall be DISSOLVED (AS A GREAT IMPLOSION), and the elements shall melt with fervent heat.

1 Corinthians 14:v.8 -  If the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

Get ready

Hebrews 10:v.37-39
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2022, 06:55:33 PM »

Oseas

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2022, 10:18:23 PM »

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile