Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Feasts and the 2nd Coming  (Read 5837 times)

RandyPNW

• View Profile
Re: Feasts and the 2nd Coming
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2021, 05:04:39 PM »
Why Tabernacles?--it is because this was the celebration of their voyage through the Wilderness, following their exodus from Egypt.
I mean, this doesn't make a strong case. The holiday they celebrated in the wilderness is a reminder of the claim they have on the land of Israel?

There's a better way to see it, as illuminated to be from Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks (yes, he was knighted by the queen of England!)

He points out that there are two major biblical holiday arcs on the Jewish calendar.

The first is Passover- Shavuot- Sukkot

They take place in the spring, 49 days later for the first fruits, and then again at the harvest season.

Passover for the Exodus (obviously), Shavuot for the receiving of the ten commandments, and Sukkot for the 40 years in the desert.

There are Jewish specific holidays. The connect to specific events in Jewish history.

That's arc one.

The second arc is Rosh Hashanah- Yom Kippur- Sukkot

They all take place in the same month and are separated by a mere 14 days.

Rosh Hashanah is the beginning of the year, when God is crowned as king of mankind. Yom Kippur is the day of atonement, when God judges of all mankind. And Sukkot is when the ruling is handed out for all of mankind. Also, the sum of all the bulls sacrificed for the entire holiday totals 70, which is the number of nations in the world according to the bible (Genesis 10).

These are not Jewish specific holidays. While Jews celebrate them, they actually pertain to all of mankind.

Sukkot is the one holiday in both arcs, the Jewish specific holidays and the holidays that pertain to all of humanity. This makes it special, and that is perhaps why it will be celebrated by all of us in the messianic era- when all of us, Jew and gentile, are united under God's rule.

I know this very well, and though I appreciate the kind sentiments, passed on through Rabbi Sacks, I'm sticking by my guns. I was in the military, stationed in Germany, around Yom Kippur in 1973. It really looked bad for Israel at that time, because so much was stacked against it. I wrote President Nixon, requesting that we not, as a nation, abandon Israel in its time of need.

Of course, I didn't receive a direct reply from the President, but I received a good deal of info, indicating their support for Israel. And there were some personal comments from somebody representing the Administration.

Later I learned that the Soviet Union had threatened to get involved, to turn the tide completely against Israel. Nixon informed them that if they got involved against Israel, then we, the U.S., would also get involved. Yes, another possible nuclear stand off!

The rest is history. Israel came back and continued to prevail in her quest to obtain her full biblical state. The small portion that Britain left Israel was not as originally planned, and I'm a bit ashamed on behalf of my wife, who is British! The UN would only accept a partitioned state, which as we know is an utter disaster!

Nevertheless, Israel requires defensible borders, and enough land to provide the needed natural resources for a viable state. May the Lord continue to defend Israel's existence!

But I continue to stick by my guns because the 7th month feast, the Harvest Feast, represented Israel's journey through the Wilderness to obtain their promised land in Canaan. They would not have had to go through the Wilderness for an entire generation had they been willing to immediately enter in where "giants" lived. The pagan Gentiles looked formidable, and they were very ungodly and probably ruthless.

So the trip through the Wilderness was an example of God's grace in keeping Israel alive where they had failed until they got the 2nd chance to enter into the land promised to Israel. That's what Tabernacles represents to me, or Succoth. It is a guarantee of preservation until the promise of the land inheritance could be fulfilled.

So that's what the Gentiles' participation in Tabernacles means to me. It is not a verification that the actual Feast is still in effect, nor that the Law behind it is still in effect. Rather, it's the *culmination* of what they represented that will result in this, which appears to be a memorial of Israel's right to exist and to inherit the land that God had promised them.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 05:08:40 PM by RandyPNW »

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2021, 06:01:03 PM »

But I continue to stick by my guns because the 7th month feast
OK, we can agree to disagree. The rest of your comment is very nice. I still do look forward to the day when we will all be united under God's rule.

ross3421

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2021, 01:02:14 PM »
I appreciate the time you took to formulate and type this lengthy answer. Unfortunately it does not address my point. The plain text of Zechariah says that in the messianic era, all the nations will come to Jerusalem to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Sukkot. If the plain text of the bible doesn't mean what it says, then how can we trust the bible for anything at all?

also the first 7 weeks of daniels prophecy is the time between passover and pentecost it is seperated from the other weeks as these 7 weeks passover is not needed again as the lamb the world thinks has arrived.so the 126 0 starts with the 7 weeks and ends with the fot.   

as you know the jewish year is reall compressed in 180 days between passover and end of pentecost.

now the gentiles see 1260 days the jews stlll are observing passover and start the year acording to the lunar moon.  thus the 1260 and 1290 are the same

so you start the 1260 with the 7 weeks, the next 62 weeks are divided the next 3 years 21,21,20 +1 the 70th week thus ending the 1260 days.

thus the fot continues.

now 70th week brings the destruction of babylon then the 1335 day return of christ.

now i still can see the 1290 lietally 30 days after1260
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 01:18:26 PM by ross3421 »

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2021, 02:35:15 PM »
as you know the jewish year is reall compressed in 180 days between passover and end of pentecost.
It is?

ross3421

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2021, 06:05:54 PM »
It is?

bibilically yes

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2021, 04:05:07 PM »
bibilically yes
Biblical source for this "fact"?

ross3421

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2021, 11:42:22 AM »
[author=Fenris link=topic=161.msg3428#msg3428 date=1640552707]
iblical source for this "fact"?

that holy/feast days occur in a certain half year
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 11:44:27 AM by ross3421 »

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2021, 11:47:08 AM »
that holy/feast days occur in a certain half year
Yes, I'm aware of that. That doesn't mean that the year is 182.5 days long. Or, since the Jews have always used a lunar calendar, 177 days long.

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2021, 09:42:35 PM »
.....That's what Tabernacles represents to me, or Succoth. It is a guarantee of preservation until the promise of the land inheritance could be fulfilled.

So that's what the Gentiles' participation in Tabernacles means to me. It is not a verification that the actual Feast is still in effect, nor that the Law behind it is still in effect. Rather, it's the *culmination* of what they represented that will result in this, which appears to be a memorial of Israel's right to exist and to inherit the land that God had promised them.
The Feast of Tabernacles is to commemorate the blessing of harvesting Gods' provision while living in temporary shelters.

This is what believers in Jesus are doing now, reaping in people searching for God, while living in earthly bodies.

Recent Topics

Church Abuse/ Rebuke by Kfawn
October 03, 2024, 10:47:03 AM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Oscar_Kipling
October 02, 2024, 03:45:12 PM

Has anyone heard from Parson lately? by Athanasius
October 01, 2024, 04:26:50 AM

Thankful by Sojourner
September 28, 2024, 06:46:33 PM

I Knew Him-Joseph by Cloudwalker
September 28, 2024, 01:57:39 PM

Riddle by RabbiKnife