Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Our Lord Jesus Was Made A Curse?  (Read 17668 times)

journeyman

• View Profile
Re: Our Lord Jesus Was Made A Curse?
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2021, 03:46:27 PM »
I mentioned/asked earlier about how your theology is missing God's wrath. Even in the garden, Jesus "KNEW" His Father's wrath is about to be poured out ONTO Himself... so, your comments here, confirm your misunderstanding(s).
No. In the garden, Jesus knew mans wrath is about to be poured out onto himself. Our Creator enduring the sins being heaped on him. And his followers would experience the same,

Jesus said to them, You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with, Mk.10:39

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2021, 03:50:38 PM »
How can one become sin, and not suffer the consequence of sin, or the curse of it ?
The question you should be asking is, how can a sinless man suffer the curse of the law?

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2021, 03:59:21 PM »
Your hermeneutic is so strange to me that I cannot understand a thing you are trying to communicate.

Carry on.
I'm out of this discussion.
That's ok RabbiKnife. When I first heard it, I was so filled with misguided belief of Gods character, I didn't understand it either.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2021, 04:06:33 PM »
I mentioned/asked earlier about how your theology is missing God's wrath. Even in the garden, Jesus "KNEW" His Father's wrath is about to be poured out ONTO Himself... so, your comments here, confirm your misunderstanding(s).
No. In the garden, Jesus knew mans wrath is about to be poured out onto himself. Our Creator enduring the sins being heaped on him. And his followers would experience the same,

Jesus said to them, You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with, Mk.10:39

Brother, please do some research about the "cup" of God's wrath, starts with several OT verses and ends with some in The Revelation.

I understand "we" all who follow Christ will experience persecution, but we (redeemed by Christ) will NOT experience God's wrath concerning sin, because ALL of God's wrath was poured out onto Jesus at the cross.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2021, 05:57:01 PM »
Brother, please do some research about the "cup" of God's wrath, starts with several OT verses and ends with some in The Revelation.

I understand "we" all who follow Christ will experience persecution, but we (redeemed by Christ) will NOT experience God's wrath concerning sin, because ALL of God's wrath was poured out onto Jesus at the cross.
Slug, I've researched the cup of God's wrath. It's never poured out on the righteous, which our Lird Jesus is. It's always poured out on the ungodly.

I understand why you're mistaking the cup of God's wrath with the cup Jesus spike of in the garden. Go ahead and look at the cup of God's wrath in the OT and NT.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2021, 06:07:54 AM »
Your hermeneutic is so strange to me that I cannot understand a thing you are trying to communicate.

Carry on.
I'm out of this discussion.
That's ok RabbiKnife. When I first heard it, I was so filled with misguided belief of Gods character, I didn't understand it either.

Condescending.  Nice.
So thankful you've received your super secret Gnostic wisdom.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2021, 08:16:44 AM »
Condescending.  Nice.
So thankful you've received your super secret Gnostic wisdom.
No. Condescending would be for me to exclude myself from ignorance. I've admitted my own ignorance throughout this discussion.

A condescending comment would be, "So thankful you've received your super secret Gnostic wisdom", or your flippant talk about humpty dumpty.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2021, 09:15:23 AM »
That's more properly defined as "snark," not "condescending."

Condescending is the passive-aggressive implication of "I used to be as stupid as people that don't agree with me but now I'm not."
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2021, 10:03:31 AM »
You're not a discerner of the thoughts and intents of my heart.

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2021, 10:13:17 AM »
That's more properly defined as "snark," not "condescending."

Condescending is the passive-aggressive implication of "I used to be as stupid as people that don't agree with me but now I'm not."

Some conclude the same as you brother... began with using a piece of scripture to accuse members in this thread were not saved. So far, there is not reconciliation.

Seems his "words" do not support his thoughts and intent and while the Bible states that the heart is revealed by what is spoken, we have no reconciliation.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2021, 10:40:46 AM »

I am a reader of your words.

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2021, 11:09:08 AM »
I am a reader of your words.
And you're not hearing the contempt I have for myself, because sinning against God is like beating Jesus mercilessly.

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2021, 11:29:29 AM »
And you're not hearing the contempt I have for myself, because sinning against God is like beating Jesus mercilessly.

Ya know brother, seems the Holy Spirit is trying to show you something in what you just expressed. Let me express what is discerned.

God's wrath against sin STILL must be executed because of His righteousness, even against those who repent of sin while turning to Jesus in belief.

Question: Who received ALL of this wrath so believers are cleansed of their sin, when they repent before Christ in belief of Him?

Also, what can be discerned in your words speaking how you have contempt for yourself, if Jesus has forgiven you, has cleansed you, has redeemed you  (made you alive in Himself - born-again), your words reveal either you have not forgiven yourself or you do not understand a verse you posted the other day where there is NO condemnation found in those who are saved (you posted the Romans 8 verse).

In simple words, you CAN'T have contempt for yourself based on the very PROMISE of that Romans 8:1 verse. That verse is a PROMISE, not a piece of information. It is SUCH a powerful promise from God that with it, the Holy Spirit can re-new your mind and thus, there CAN'T be any (self) contempt found in you.

In other words, even WHEN a believer sins, there should be no "contempt" in them, only conviction and a deep remorse that PUSHES the person away from the sin they did, toward Christ for forgiveness and strength in resisting, overcoming (turned away) of the sin.

Contempt is not fruit of the Holy Spirit.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 01:53:37 PM by Slug1 »
--Slug1-out

Pbminimum

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2021, 11:57:14 AM »

Is it harder to believe that a Sovereign God would pour out His wrath on the only One who could become sin on our behalf, thereby satisfying God's just nature

or

Believing that feeble men could inflict this justice through their own unrighteous anger themselves ?

The latter does not, in any way, satisfy God's wrath. In fact, it would only bring more.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 03:26:09 PM by Pbminimum »
Jesus is Lord

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2021, 12:36:19 PM »
THERE IS THEREFORE NOW NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN CHRIST JESUS.

Hallelujah!

Get free, brother, get free.

All of your sins are already forgiven.  Jesus paid the price.  He suffered the wrath.  It is finished.  No condemnation.  No bondage.
Your sin now, as a believer, is not a source of condemnation or contempt.  Jesus already paid for it and forgave it.

He wants you to accept that and to not let guilt and false teaching keep you at arms distance from him by your efforts to appease the price of sin that He has already paid.

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
Yesterday at 01:17:32 PM

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:56:14 AM

In Jesus name, Amen by ProDeo
September 14, 2024, 03:18:27 AM

Is free will a failed concept? by Athanasius
August 26, 2024, 07:53:30 AM

Was the Father's will always subordinate to the Son's will? by CrimsonTide21
August 23, 2024, 11:08:52 AM

Faith and peace by CrimsonTide21