Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Question about Nephilim  (Read 4085 times)

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
Re: Question about Nephilim
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2021, 06:12:13 AM »
Understood.

Do you subscribe to the Welthausen 4 document theory?
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

agnostic

• ex-Christian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2021, 09:12:34 AM »
The documentary hypothesis has been updated since the 19th century. No one really calls it "his" theory, since it became the standard critical view.

It's also faced some challenges by critical scholarship in recent decades, particularly for how neatly organized it is. The broad idea now -- and I agree -- is the Torah wasn't made from four clearly defined "documents," but definitely is a composite text from several authors who lived over several centuries, none of them contemporary with the events they wrote about.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2021, 09:45:17 AM »
OK, let's back up a bit.

ASSSUMING that the Nephelim were a hybrid fallen angelic/human offspring.

So what?

It's just cool.  8)

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2021, 02:51:28 PM »
Just jealous that you ain't 9 feet tall, right?

:o

Can you imagine buying clothes at Achmed's Tent and Awning?
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

greenonions

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2021, 01:07:12 AM »
Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when God’s sons came in to men’s daughters and had children with them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

after "that". Could mean they existed after the flood too?

Are Nephilim descendants responsible for most of the evil in the world?

No. The Nephilim - who were not transgender transspecies fallen angels - were destroyed in the flood.

Looking around, we can see society breaking down more and more, every day. My friends, neighbors and family are all Christians. So who (and what) are these people doing all of the evil around the globe?

They're people just like you, your friends, your neighbours, and your family. If you think there's a strong divide, a 'you' vs 'them' mentality, then you aren't being honest with yourself.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2022, 07:18:29 AM »
A couple of things not said in this thread.

1. The whole idea angels having sex with women producing a new (sort of half) satanic race is so repulsive you want to reject as very first reaction and move on. And yet I think the ancients believed it. Even several ECF's as we can read from their writings.

2. Ruining God's creation even further after the Fall certainly is in the interest of the devil by contaminating the bloodline of Christ in order to escape from his judgement (Gen 3:15). Up to a point the then populated world was full of his evil and God decided to destroy all of them with the Flood. For me this point of view has put God's decision in a different light, not out of revenge, but saving His creation, for the best of mankind and making a new start.

3. What finally convinced me to adhere this theory (I don't dare to call it proof) is a plump lost one liner by Paul -

That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. [1 Cor 11:10]

What on Earth are you talking about Paul, even you?

I ask, what else can Paul mean?

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2022, 09:38:15 AM »

1. The whole idea angels having sex with women producing a new (sort of half) satanic race is so repulsive you want to reject as very first reaction and move on. And yet I think the ancients believed it. Even several ECF's as we can read from their writings.

2. Ruining God's creation even further after the Fall certainly is in the interest of the devil by contaminating the bloodline of Christ in order to escape from his judgement (Gen 3:15). Up to a point the then populated world was full of his evil and God decided to destroy all of them with the Flood. For me this point of view has put God's decision in a different light, not out of revenge, but saving His creation, for the best of mankind and making a new start.

3. What finally convinced me to adhere this theory (I don't dare to call it proof) is a plump lost one liner by Paul -

That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. [1 Cor 11:10]

What on Earth are you talking about Paul, even you?

I ask, what else can Paul mean?
I think he means the angels who first rebelled against God forgot who their head is.

ross3421

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2022, 11:17:05 AM »

what if the spirit being indwelled humans which then had offspring,,,,,,

can a demonic indweling change your dna make up?

i belive the animals were also affected

scripture does show both animals and humans affected by demonic in dwellings

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 11:39:10 AM by ross3421 »

ross3421

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2022, 11:19:40 AM »
Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when God’s sons came in to men’s daughters and had children with them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

after "that". Could mean they existed after the flood too?

Are Nephilim descendants responsible for most of the evil in the world?

No. The Nephilim - who were not transgender transspecies fallen angels - were destroyed in the flood.

Looking around, we can see society breaking down more and more, every day. My friends, neighbors and family are all Christians. So who (and what) are these people doing all of the evil around the globe?

They're people just like you, your friends, your neighbours, and your family. If you think there's a strong divide, a 'you' vs 'them' mentality, then you aren't being honest with yourself.

satan still existed after the flood in the sparrow

ross3421

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2022, 11:44:16 AM »

Not all of them were destroyed in the flood.  The Old Testament refers to the Anakites and other peoples that descended from Nephilim.   A common physical characteristic was their greater size and height, hence... the "giants".   The Israelites were commanded by God to destroy entire cities.... men, women, children and animals.   Why do you think that is?

all were destroyed by the flood as the bible states this supprts the demonic indwelling changed dna and one of noahs sons had a  percent for the anakites there are still some today with that gene
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 12:28:26 PM by ross3421 »

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2022, 12:18:53 PM »
Skubalon

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:42:20 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
May 15, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris