Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Meat eating and the spiritual  (Read 5331 times)

HJ73

• View Profile
Re: Meat eating and the spiritual
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2021, 04:10:18 AM »
Whatever you want.

But it does not matter anyway of course. You can not possibly know if every word written there is truth or not unless God told you about it. Its not secret to those with eyes to see that there are evil forces that wants to kill humanity physically and spiritually. Yes the risk of eating meat is much higher than not eating meat. Especially if you do it because you just like the taste and not because you would otherwise starve i suppose. That is extremely selfish and a sign of lack of compassion. Without compassion we do not go to heaven. It is not enough to believe in Jesus. Murderers, rapists and drug cartel members can believe in Jesus to without having any compassion.

I am not saying meat eaters will not go to heaven. Just that it is an idiotic risk to take. You bet your soul for a steak. It is beyond retarded. You actually do not understand that? Not trying to be mean. Just want to get through to you.

I'm eating some pepperoni with my breakfast. It's a little spicy, but a bit of spice is nice in the morning. There are about 106 calories in 6 slices, so one must be careful not to munch away one's caloric budget for the day. It tastes good, too. I've paired it with cheese and roasted peanuts, and a big ole cup of H2O.

The reality is that you don't have Scripture to back up your view, which is why you're resorting to insults and ad hominems. Eating meat is simply not a salvific issue, nor is it personally anywhere close to the top of 'idiotic risks' I might or have taken.

Do you have Scripture to back up your view, or do you have only insults and some trite mentions of compassion that your own post can't even satisfy?

Insults? Nope. I bet all the animals that are suffering feel quite insulted though.
Just want to make you understand.

No i listen to my spiritual contact instead of reading books since i know him/her. If he/she tells me i should tell you not to eat meat it very likely is the right thing to do.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 04:17:05 AM by HJ73 »

HJ73

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2021, 04:20:23 AM »
Why dont you think it is an idiotic risk to kill animals because you like the taste? I know you just refer to texts in the Bible. But please answer how you can be sure they have not been manipulated to make you a sinner? From what i can see they are trying to do that with so much else. Everything from going to wars in the middle east to how they are using the Covid to gain control over humanity.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2021, 06:54:46 AM »
Whatever you want.

But it does not matter anyway of course. You can not possibly know if every word written there is truth or not unless God told you about it. Its not secret to those with eyes to see that there are evil forces that wants to kill humanity physically and spiritually. Yes the risk of eating meat is much higher than not eating meat. Especially if you do it because you just like the taste and not because you would otherwise starve i suppose. That is extremely selfish and a sign of lack of compassion. Without compassion we do not go to heaven. It is not enough to believe in Jesus. Murderers, rapists and drug cartel members can believe in Jesus to without having any compassion.

I am not saying meat eaters will not go to heaven. Just that it is an idiotic risk to take. You bet your soul for a steak. It is beyond retarded. You actually do not understand that? Not trying to be mean. Just want to get through to you.

I'm eating some pepperoni with my breakfast. It's a little spicy, but a bit of spice is nice in the morning. There are about 106 calories in 6 slices, so one must be careful not to munch away one's caloric budget for the day. It tastes good, too. I've paired it with cheese and roasted peanuts, and a big ole cup of H2O.

The reality is that you don't have Scripture to back up your view, which is why you're resorting to insults and ad hominems. Eating meat is simply not a salvific issue, nor is it personally anywhere close to the top of 'idiotic risks' I might or have taken.

Do you have Scripture to back up your view, or do you have only insults and some trite mentions of compassion that your own post can't even satisfy?

Insults? Nope. I bet all the animals that are suffering feel quite insulted though.

No i listen to my spiritual contact instead of reading books since i know him/her. If he/she tells me i should tell you not to eat meat it very likely is the right thing to do.

Do you have Scripture to back up your view? You're on a Christian Bible forum, so that's the bare minimum requirement.

You're comparing meat-eating with murder, rape and membership in a drug cartel.

You're conflating 'belief in' with 'acknowledgement of'.

You're all but outright stating that belief in Jesus necessitates that one refrain from eating meat. Again, do you have Scripture to back up this view?

You're speaking to the general 'you' in your reply, accusing that you of being idiotic, retarded, lacking understanding.

You're claiming that you have 'eyes to see' that "there are evil forces that [want] to kill humanity physically and spiritually". We'd probably disagree on the details, but this isn't exactly news to any Christian in the last ~2,000 or so years. What Scripture backs up your argument, or are you making a gnostic appeal?

Why dont you think it is an idiotic risk to kill animals because you like the taste?

Why is it idiotic? Show me the Scripture that says it's idiotic to kill animals because they taste good, and I happen to want steak on Tuesday and a salad on Wednesday.

I know you just refer to texts in the Bible.

The forum URL should have given away that much. Do you have Scriptural support for your argument?

But please answer how you can be sure they have not been manipulated to make you a sinner?

What do you mean 'make me a sinner'? I'm saved by the grace of my Lord Jesus Christ but I am no stranger to sin, and that's not something to be proud of, and I don't need sin upon sin being invented where sin already abounds.

And to answer your question: I've studied under the top theologians of our time and have advanced degrees in constructive/systematic and historical theology. How about you?

From what i can see they are trying to do that with so much else. Everything from going to wars in the middle east to how they are using the Covid to gain control over humanity.

Who are 'they'?
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

HJ73

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2021, 07:08:52 AM »
Whatever you want.

Do you have Scripture to back up your view? You're on a Christian Bible forum, so that's the bare minimum requirement.

You're all but outright stating that belief in Jesus necessitates that one refrain from eating meat. Again, do you have Scripture to back up this view?

You're speaking to the general 'you' in your reply, accusing that you of being idiotic, retarded, lacking understanding.

You're claiming that you have 'eyes to see' that "there are evil forces that [want] to kill humanity physically and spiritually". We'd probably disagree on the details, but this isn't exactly news to any Christian in the last ~2,000 or so years. What Scripture backs up your argument, or are you making a gnostic appeal?

Why dont you think it is an idiotic risk to kill animals because you like the taste?

Why is it idiotic? Show me the Scripture that says it's idiotic to kill animals because they taste good, and I happen to want steak on Tuesday and a salad on Wednesday.

The forum URL should have given away that much. Do you have Scriptural support for your argument?

But please answer how you can be sure they have not been manipulated to make you a sinner?

What do you mean 'make me a sinner'? I'm saved by the grace of my Lord Jesus Christ but I am no stranger to sin, and that's not something to be proud of, and I don't need sin upon sin being invented where sin already abounds.

And to answer your question: I've studied under the top theologians of our time and have advanced degrees in constructive/systematic and historical theology. How about you?

From what i can see they are trying to do that with so much else. Everything from going to wars in the middle east to how they are using the Covid to gain control over humanity.

Who are 'they'?

I think you need to think deeper about risk vs reward. Not sure why it is so difficult for some to understand that eating meat is spiritually much riskier than not eating meat. Others have no problem at all to see that.
Guess the indoctrination is extremely strong.

Why not just follow "Thou shalt not kill" for humans and animals and be on the safe side?

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2021, 08:03:04 AM »
Whatever you want.

But it does not matter anyway of course. You can not possibly know if every word written there is truth or not unless God told you about it.

The Word of God IS God speaking to mankind and:

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [c]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2021, 08:11:33 AM »

Why not just follow "Thou shalt not kill" for humans and animals and be on the safe side?

Allow me to provide an example of indoctrination. Indoctrination is all about "wrong" interpretation OR... or translation of scripture.

There is NO SUCH scripture that states, "thou shalt not kill." Ya won't find such a Commandment in any properly translated Bible. When one "enforces" a value to another's spiritual quality based on such a WRONG translation (a false meaning), then the enforcement (even judgement) over others is fruit of what is true indoctrination.

The proper translation is: Thou shalt not murder.
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2021, 09:03:29 AM »
Whatever you want.

Who are 'they'?

I think you need to think deeper about risk vs reward. Not sure why it is so difficult for some to understand that eating meat is spiritually much riskier than not eating meat. Others have no problem at all to see that.

The 'safe side' of what? The only 'safe side' is God's grace. I'm not going to get brownie points because I didn't do X or Y 'just to be safe'. You've yet to provide any Scripture showing that meat-eating is spiritually risky.

But thank you for the Scriptural allusion. As Slug1 noted, the verb you're referring to in Exodus 20:13 - רָצַח - prohibits premeditated or unauthorised killing, that is, murder. That's to say nothing of the internal contradictions that result from an understanding of this verb as mere 'killing' in any and all of its forms (just look ahead to Exodus 21 for a quick example).

It's not the KJV is wrong in its translation necessarily. Kill was taken to mean murder when the KJV was initially published (in the 17th century). It's just that today, 'kill' and 'murder' aren't so synonymous. That's why you'll read the word 'murder' instead of 'kill' in the NKJV and other translations that adhere to the conventions of modern language.

And no, I am not indoctrinated. You're free to try to convince me that I am, and I'd be happy to know if I was, but you'll need to do better.

The Parson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Parsons Corner ~ Ask the Preacher
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2021, 12:15:51 PM »
Whatever you want.

I am not saying meat eaters will not go to heaven. Just that it is an idiotic risk to take. You bet your soul for a steak. (removed) You actually do not understand that? Not trying to be mean. Just want to get through to you.
I removed the insult from your post. Now, the question is, do you somehow believe we need to be corrected, and you're the only one who can do it?
1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
The Parsons Corner Ministries

HJ73

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2021, 03:36:45 AM »
It seems evil is coming out in the light very soon. That is perhaps another reason why it is stupid to eat meat today and why spirit is telling me to warn you.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 03:38:29 AM by HJ73 »

HJ73

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2021, 04:55:32 AM »
Not sure if i wrote this or if it matters. I know my contact and that he/she is kind and loving. If it helps i heard his/her voice from above once. We now talk in a different way. Once he/she opened my heart area. It then feels like a huge lamp in your chest. I doubt anyone can do that.

If you can not stop eating meat then at least cut down and tell others to do as well.

I suppose when we support killing animals we then open the door for them to attack our bodies

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2021, 05:36:11 AM »
It seems evil is coming out in the light very soon. That is perhaps another reason why it is stupid to eat meat today and why spirit is telling me to warn you.

1 John 4:

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 Thessalonians 5

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Not sure if i wrote this or if it matters. I know my contact and that he/she is kind and loving. If it helps i heard his/her voice from above once. We now talk in a different way. Once he/she opened my heart area. It then feels like a huge lamp in your chest. I doubt anyone can do that.

If you can not stop eating meat then at least cut down and tell others to do as well.

I suppose when we support killing animals we then open the door for them to attack our bodies

If what you say cannot stand when examined by scripture, then the spirit and message you spread are false. Offer scriptural support for what you're claiming, or recognise that this 'contact' of yours isn't what it claims to be despite how you felt (you seem to be underestimating the strength of emotion and psychosomatic events).

« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 05:42:50 AM by Nazianzus »

HJ73

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2021, 06:39:07 AM »
As i wrote i know my contact very well. Cant prove that to you so you have to think deep about what is best for you.

"The bad about eating meat is the lasting effect of hurting and killing animals. These martyred animals return in the form of creatures who turn their forces against the bodies of the descendents of those who once killed them." Rudolf Steiner

Athanasius

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2021, 07:16:00 AM »
As i wrote i know my contact very well. Cant prove that to you so you have to think deep about what is best for you.

"The bad about eating meat is the lasting effect of hurting and killing animals. These martyred animals return in the form of creatures who turn their forces against the bodies of the descendents of those who once killed them." Rudolf Steiner

I'm not asking for proof of how well you think you know your 'contact'. I'm asking for evidence from scripture that supports your view, which is heavily influenced by Steiner it seems. Steiner's view of 'the Christ' and Jesus (and Mithra, and all the rest) are quite at odds with scripture. Where's the scriptural evidence for your view?

As John wrote:

1 John 4:

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

We also read in Acts 10:

9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray.
10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.
12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds.
13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”
14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”
15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

So, where's the scripture that supports your view, and calls impure what God has made clean?

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2021, 07:51:48 AM »

Scripture, utilize Scripture in support of your statements. If scripture cannot support what you are told, and as scripture continues to refute what you hear, you're not hearing from God.
--Slug1-out

Slug1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2021, 07:52:35 AM »

Scripture, utilize Scripture in support of your statements. If scripture cannot support what you are told, and as scripture continues to refute what you hear, you're not hearing from God.
--Slug1-out

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
Yesterday at 01:17:32 PM

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:56:14 AM

In Jesus name, Amen by ProDeo
September 14, 2024, 03:18:27 AM

Is free will a failed concept? by Athanasius
August 26, 2024, 07:53:30 AM

Was the Father's will always subordinate to the Son's will? by CrimsonTide21
August 23, 2024, 11:08:52 AM

Faith and peace by CrimsonTide21