Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Prayer for the IDF  (Read 5277 times)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer for the IDF
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2021, 09:30:14 AM »
Yes, well, God sent his King, so we should listen to him.
I realize you can't help it. But that's not what Deuteronomy 20 says. We should be able to have a discussion on wishing our allies victory over their enemies (who are also our enemies) without it becoming a Jesus conversation.

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2021, 10:40:05 AM »
I realize you can't help it. But that's not what Deuteronomy 20 says. We should be able to have a discussion on wishing our allies victory over their enemies (who are also our enemies) without it becoming a Jesus conversation.
Your desire to have a conversation ignoring the teachings of the Messiah is contrary to the will of God.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2021, 10:43:24 AM »
Your desire to have a conversation ignoring the teachings of the Messiah is contrary to the will of God.
The bible says we can't have a discussion without talking about the messiah?

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2021, 11:13:37 AM »
The bible says we can't have a discussion without talking about the messiah?
God says listen to the Messiah,

I will raise up to them a prophet of their brethren, like thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them as I shall command him. And whatever man shall not hearken to whatsoever words that prophet shall speak in my name, I will take vengeance on him. Deut.18:18-19

Don't fear men who are going to die. Listen to what the Messiah says.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2021, 11:49:00 AM »
God says listen to the Messiah,

I will raise up to them a prophet of their brethren, like thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them as I shall command him. And whatever man shall not hearken to whatsoever words that prophet shall speak in my name, I will take vengeance on him. Deut.18:18-19
This says to listen to a prophet, not the messiah. And it doesn't say that this has to be the subject of every conversation. "Do you think it's going to rain tomorrow?" "That doesn't matter, we have to talk about the messiah".

Don't fear men who are going to die.
But your a person who's going to die. Why should I listen to you?

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2021, 02:36:08 PM »
This says to listen to a prophet, not the messiah.
Jews regard the Messiah as a prophet. Did you know that, or are you just being difficult?

And it doesn't say that this has to be the subject of every conversation. "Do you think it's going to rain tomorrow?" "That doesn't matter, we have to talk about the messiah".
People in Noahs day would have loved to hear about the Messiah when it started raining. But seriously my friend, it's childish to compare a passing shower with the need to kill someone.

But your a person who's going to die. Why should I listen to you?
I'm not going to die, because the Lord Jesus gave me eternal life.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2021, 09:56:58 PM »
Jews regard the Messiah as a prophet. Did you know that, or are you just being difficult?
This says to listen to prophets in general. Again, it's not talking about the messiah.

People in Noahs day would have loved to hear about the Messiah when it started raining.
People in Noah's day didn't know about the messiah. The bible didn't even exist back then.
But seriously my friend, it's childish to compare a passing shower with the need to kill someone.
You lost me. Who's talking about the need to kill someone?

I'm not going to die, because the Lord Jesus gave me eternal life.
You lost me.

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2021, 01:10:54 AM »
This says to listen to prophets in general. Again, it's not talking about the messiah.
No. This is a specific prophet, like Moses in Horeb, where the law was given to him and the Messiah delivers his people and teaches the law.

People in Noah's day didn't know about the messiah. The bible didn't even exist back then.
It didn't have to exist in written form. We know from God's prophecy to Adam and Eve that he spoke to them about the Messiah and Noah was a preacher of righteousness.

You lost me. Who's talking about the need to kill someone?
Killing is the result of two human armies at war, so you're talking about it.

You lost me.
The Messiah gives eternal life to all who believe him.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2021, 05:01:43 PM »
No. This is a specific prophet, like Moses in Horeb, where the law was given to him and the Messiah delivers his people and teaches the law.
You're free to believe that. But the text doesn't say "the prophet", only "a prophet". It could just mean that Moses isn't the last prophet, that there will be others.

It didn't have to exist in written form. We know from God's prophecy to Adam and Eve that he spoke to them about the Messiah and Noah was a preacher of righteousness.
God didn't give prophecy to Adam and Eve, and He certainly didn't talk about the messiah. It isn't in the bible.

Killing is the result of two human armies at war, so you're talking about it.
I'm talking about praying for God to support an ally. Do you not support our armies who protect us too?

The Messiah gives eternal life to all who believe him.
And what this has to do with praying for an ally, I have no idea. Again, do you bring this up when having conversation about the weather?

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2021, 09:24:40 AM »
You're free to believe that. But the text doesn't say "the prophet", only "a prophet". It could just mean that Moses isn't the last prophet, that there will be others.
It means what the Jewish people said it means,

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. Act.3:22

They were speaking of our Lord Jesus. As Moses in Horeb exclusively spoke to God face to face and received his instruction to give to the people, so we must listen to the Messiah's teachings.

God didn't give prophecy to Adam and Eve, and He certainly didn't talk about the messiah. It isn't in the bible.
God told our 1st parents how one of their children would crush the serpents head. That's Jesus.

I'm talking about praying for God to support an ally. Do you not support our armies who protect us too?
I pray our enemies come to know God through Christ. They won't come to know him your way.

And what this has to do with praying for an ally, I have no idea. Again, do you bring this up when having conversation about the weather?
I was responding to your unbelief in what the Messiah said,

the one who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this? Jn.11:26

You asked why you should believe me, because I'm only a man who's going to die, but I now have eternal life, according to Jesus. Hopefully you'll come to believe him.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2021, 02:17:11 PM »
It means what the Jewish people said it means,
I'm a Jewish person too. Why doesn't my opinion count?

God told our 1st parents how one of their children would crush the serpents head.
God told our first parents that people won't like snakes, and will be capable of stepping on their head and crushing them. Which is true.

I pray our enemies come to know God through Christ. They won't come to know him your way.
When someone is shooting at me I don't care if they come to know God or not. I'm going to protect myself.
I was responding to your unbelief in what the Messiah said,
I look at the world and I simply don't believe the messiah has yet come. When he does, I'll let you know.

Hopefully you'll come to believe him.
We should be able to have a discussion without this topic coming up.

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2021, 10:26:25 PM »
I'm a Jewish person too. Why doesn't my opinion count?
Because you don't see how the Messiah was and continues to be a light to the world, teaching us about the God of the Jews.

God told our first parents that people won't like snakes, and will be capable of stepping on their head and crushing them. Which is true.
We know the child of the woman as the Lord Jesus and the serpent as Satan.

When someone is shooting at me I don't care if they come to know God or not. I'm going to protect myself.
God will protect us, just as he protected the Messiah.

I look at the world and I simply don't believe the messiah has yet come. When he does, I'll let you know.
The Jewish people have already let me know.

We should be able to have a discussion without this topic coming up.
No. What we should do is seek the Messiahs counsel.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2021, 10:38:01 AM »
Because you don't see how the Messiah was and continues to be a light to the world, teaching us about the God of the Jews.
So you don't approve of that quote from Acts 3:22 because a Jewish person said it. You approve of it because it agrees with what you already believe. Be honest.

We know the child of the woman as the Lord Jesus and the serpent as Satan.
But that isn't what the text says.

God will protect us, just as he protected the Messiah.
So you're a Christian pacifist. That's fine. Take it up with Christians who believe in self defense (and I know there's a number who post here).

The Jewish people have already let me know.
See above. It's not that someone Jewish said so; its that someone said so and you like it.

No. What we should do is seek the Messiahs counsel.
Again does this come up in every discussion? I'm thinking of mowing my lawn today but it might rain. What would the messiah counsel?

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2021, 04:45:37 PM »
So you don't approve of that quote from Acts 3:22 because a Jewish person said it. You approve of it because it agrees with what you already believe. Be honest.
What I "already believe" Is the result of God speaking through the Jewish people. Why do you think I'm talking to you about the God of the Jews? Why do you think this website honoring the God of the Jews exists? Why do you think there are people like me in every gentile nation who worship the God of the Jews? It's because of the Messiah, as the ptophets said it would be.

But that isn't what the text says.
It's how thiose who knew the Messiah interpreted it.

So you're a Christian pacifist. That's fine. Take it up with Christians who believe in self defense (and I know there's a number who post here).
The Messiah was no pacifist. If you think simply because God doesn't immediately put the hammer down on people who slap him in the face daily, that he's a pacifist, you don't know him very well.

See above. It's not that someone Jewish said so; its that someone said so and you like it.
I'm thankful for the faithful Jews who wrote down what God wanted mankind to know. I don't believe Jews who don't believe Jesus is the promised Messiah.

Again does this come up in every discussion? I'm thinking of mowing my lawn today but it might rain. What would the messiah counsel?
Comparing life and death to mowing your lawn is childish.
[/quote]

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2021, 05:36:17 PM »
What I "already believe" Is the result of God speaking through the Jewish people.
But I'm a Jewish people. Why aren't you interested in what I say? Obviously because it doesn't conform to what you believe.

Why do you think I'm talking to you about the God of the Jews? Why do you think this website honoring the God of the Jews exists? Why do you think there are people like me in every gentile nation who worship the God of the Jews? It's because of the Messiah, as the ptophets said it would be.
But Jesus is the god of the Christians. Jews don't believe in him.

It's how thiose who knew the Messiah interpreted it.
It isn't what the text says.

The Messiah was no pacifist. If you think simply because God doesn't immediately put the hammer down on people who slap him in the face daily, that he's a pacifist, you don't know him very well.
Right. But you're a pacifist.

I'm thankful for the faithful Jews who wrote down what God wanted mankind to know. I don't believe Jews who don't believe Jesus is the promised Messiah.
Right, so you only believe Jews when it conforms to your belief. So it doesn't matter that they're Jews at all, actually...

Comparing life and death to mowing your lawn is childish.
So we can discuss mowing my lawn without Jesus coming up? Good to know, good to know.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:42:20 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
May 15, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris