Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: George Floyd's murder and racism  (Read 2359 times)

Rebecca

• View Profile
Re: George Floyd's murder and racism
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2023, 11:16:56 AM »
No
He was convicted because he’s stupid and the justice system is broken
Guess you believe OJ is innocent also.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2023, 11:33:22 AM »
Where is the popcorn emoji when you really need it !?!?!

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2023, 12:26:07 PM »
Floyd was killed by Chauvin's illegal
placing of his knee on the victim's neck and refusing to move it after pleas for mercy.
In what way was it illegal to pin him down like that? In what way did it cause his death? These are not abstract questions, but material to the case.
A jury convicted Chauvin of murder.
Juries are composed of flawed human beings who can make mistakes.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2023, 12:28:02 PM »
He was convicted because he’s stupid
I can't tell you how many cops are thinking "There but for the grace of God go I".

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2023, 02:28:57 PM »
He was convicted because he’s stupid
I can't tell you how many cops are thinking "There but for the grace of God go I".

Fully agreed.  I've got a lot of those friends here on the local PD, and I represent a number of them as clients in civil matters.

The totality of the crap storm that was that arrest is monumental in size, and the atmosphere generated by the media and local government was a pot waiting to boil.

Chauvin's stupidity was in not recognizing that he was in a war zone of someone's making until it was too late.  I personally don't have a problem with the take down, but when you are in Oz, you shouldn't pee on the Wizard's leg.  The totality of the situational awareness outside of his procedure escaped him, and it cost him dearly.  Said another way, the societal shifts had removed normal police procedure from his power.   Chauvin was a victim of societal degeneration.

And sadly.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2023, 02:47:07 PM »
Floyd was killed by Chauvin's illegal
placing of his knee on the victim's neck and refusing to move it after pleas for mercy.

In what way was it illegal to pin him down like that? In what way did it cause his death? These are not abstract questions, but material to the case.

That particular hold is forbidden in Chauvin's jurisdiction.
A jury convicted Chauvin of murder.
Juries are composed of flawed human beings who can make mistakes.
That is the system we have and  appeals are part of that process. I heard the medical testimony but cannot retrieve it at this time (driving.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2023, 02:55:31 PM »
Chauvin's stupidity was in not recognizing that he was in a war zone of someone's making until it was too late.  I personally don't have a problem with the take down, but when you are in Oz, you shouldn't pee on the Wizard's leg.  The totality of the situational awareness outside of his procedure escaped him, and it cost him dearly.  Said another way, the societal shifts had removed normal police procedure from his power.   Chauvin was a victim of societal degeneration.
I love your use of the term "societal shifts". Yes, it has happened. Yes, it has changed policing. I myself was aware of it ongoing and became very careful during my interaction with the public. Perhaps it was more visible and more obvious because I worked in a very Democrat city. But if I was in a protracted struggle with a powerful perpetrator, as Chauvin was, I might have forgotten also. Anyway...

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2023, 02:58:36 PM »
That particular hold is forbidden in Chauvin's jurisdiction.
Is it against police procedure? Or illegal? Those are two different things.

That is the system we have and  appeals are part of that process
Which are also decided by flawed human being.

I heard the medical testimony but cannot retrieve it at this time
The medical facts are conflicting.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2023, 03:03:01 PM »
I love your use of the term "societal shifts". Yes, it has happened. Yes, it has changed policing. I myself was aware of it ongoing and became very careful during my interaction with the public. Perhaps it was more visible and more obvious because I worked in a very Democrat city. But if I was in a protracted struggle with a powerful perpetrator, as Chauvin was, I might have forgotten also. Anyway...

All of my local police friends that they would have stepped back, cleared leather, and upon Floyd’s first step in their direction they would have Swiss cheesed him.

But then, law and order had broken down long before the police showed up in the scene

For one, my friend, I’m glad you are off the streets enjoying a well earned pension
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2023, 04:09:19 PM »

All of my local police friends that they would have stepped back, cleared leather, and upon Floyd’s first step in their direction they would have Swiss cheesed him.

But then, law and order had broken down long before the police showed up in the scene

For one, my friend, I’m glad you are off the streets enjoying a well earned pension

I'm glad he's off the streets too...and I for one would encourage your local police friends to perhaps get off the streets as well and move into the exciting field of fromagery as it seems a fun, safe and fulfilling way to make swiss and many other cheeses.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2023, 01:23:26 PM »
Thank you for your kind words. God bless you, my friend.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2023, 01:35:08 AM »
Many social commentators, when asked about the circumstances leading to violence in urban centers invariably call for Government infusions, called investments, of billions of dollars in programs aimed at target communites.

This is basically a crock, if not an outright protection racket, IMO.

Non profit or private funding of remedial social outreaches is fine, but progressive, tax funded programs amount to social engineering at the taxpayers' expense. And they rarely work.

IMO.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 01:44:25 AM by IMINXTC »

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2023, 08:15:20 AM »
Amen

tango

• Well that didn't go as planned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2023, 11:37:58 AM »
Many social commentators, when asked about the circumstances leading to violence in urban centers invariably call for Government infusions, called investments, of billions of dollars in programs aimed at target communites.

This is basically a crock, if not an outright protection racket, IMO.

Non profit or private funding of remedial social outreaches is fine, but progressive, tax funded programs amount to social engineering at the taxpayers' expense. And they rarely work.

IMO.

If they didn't work they wouldn't be done. The question is what does "working" actually mean - if the intention is to lift people out of poverty they clearly don't work. If the intention is to keep people poor enough they keep coming back for the freebies while giving them just enough they won't vote for anything that might take away the freebies, then they work very well. As a means of buying votes they are probably very effective.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2023, 05:00:50 PM »
D’Toqueville was a prophet.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 08:42:20 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
May 15, 2024, 11:37:05 AM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris