Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: what are the "fundamentals" of the faith?  (Read 3154 times)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: what are the "fundamentals" of the faith?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2023, 04:22:59 PM »
2 Chronicles 36:15 And the Lord God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
16 But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy.
Oh dear. Another "messenger of God" type.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2023, 04:23:47 PM »
Now pay attention ( everybody who loves discussions.)

Trying to make new friends?

How many Judas's on the forum, how many friends with "kisses" and flatterers

Not one, meaning includes you as well.

I (was) am responding to your haughtiness tone in your postings, see the red for example. It's not up to you (notable as a newbie) how a Bible forum (with a history of ~20 years) should function. I am sure you heard of the term fellowship of the saints centered around our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, it's what we are doing here, we discuss, we debate the things of the Lord, even Jesus did with people, his disciples, the Pharisees. We exchange daily experiences, as friends sometimes we make fun. Post Scripture if you think that's wrong, else tone down a bit and become more accessible.

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2023, 04:26:28 PM »

I (was) am responding to your haughtiness tone in your postings, see the red for example. It's not up to you (notable as a newbie) how a Bible forum (with a history of ~20 years) should function. I am sure you heard of the term fellowship of the saints centered around our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, it's what we are doing here, we discuss, we debate the things of the Lord, even Jesus did with people, his disciples, the Pharisees. We exchange daily experiences, as friends sometimes we make fun. Post Scripture if you think that's wrong, else tone down a bit and become more accessible.

As for your idea that debate is allowed..

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

2 Corinthians 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2023, 04:30:19 PM »
Seems like a 'no'.
I mean if he were a bot that simply posted bible verses at random, how would his posts look any different?
ChatGPT ?

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2023, 04:35:05 PM »
Seems like a 'no'.
I mean if he were a bot that simply posted bible verses at random, how would his posts look any different?
ChatGPT ?

Your discussions on the forum are so little usually. ( very little testimony of the bible, on a bible forum.)

The discussion has become busy for the guys, now they can talk about something else. ( dealing in proud wrath.)

Proverbs 21:24 Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2023, 04:37:06 PM »

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

2 Corinthians 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

ChatGPT obviously...

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2023, 04:39:19 PM »

ChatGPT obviously...

This is obvious to me..

2 Timothy 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2023, 04:43:42 PM »
You don't think debate should be allowed? How...totalitarian of you.

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2023, 04:53:46 PM »
You don't think debate should be allowed? How...totalitarian of you.

Yes I quoted Gods word, only a sincere Christian would be able to acknowledge the truth of Christ.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2023, 05:01:55 PM »
Yes I quoted Gods word, only a sincere Christian would be able to acknowledge the truth of Christ.
I quoted verses from the bible too. Are you a sincere Christian?

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2023, 05:04:46 PM »
I quoted verses from the bible too. Are you a sincere Christian?

A Christian avoids foolish questions and strivings about the law ( form those in the law)...

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2023, 05:08:42 PM »
A Christian avoids foolish questions and strivings about the law ( form those in the law)...
So when YOU post a bible verse it's authoritative, but when someone else posts one it's just foolishness.

You aren't here to have a discussion. You're hear to preach and expect us to just listen and applaud you. I don't think you've come to the right place, my friend. This is a place of sometimes vigorous debate.

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2023, 05:13:14 PM »
So when YOU post a bible verse it's authoritative, but when someone else posts one it's just foolishness.

You aren't here to have a discussion. You're hear to preach and expect us to just listen and applaud you. I don't think you've come to the right place, my friend. This is a place of sometimes vigorous debate.

How would it be wise to hear someone who denies the Messiah came to earth ?

That goes for those who say they are Christian, as many antichrists came, who deny Christ has come in the flesh.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2023, 05:14:35 PM »

That goes for those who say they are Christian, as many antichrists came, who deny Christ has come in the flesh.
None of the Christians here deny that "Christ has come in the flesh."

gordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2023, 05:16:48 PM »

None of the Christians here deny that "Christ has come in the flesh."

This is told how they deny Him:

Titus 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 10:48:32 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by tango
Yesterday at 10:43:20 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris