Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Prayers for Eratz Israel  (Read 1706 times)

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for Eratz Israel
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2023, 07:01:39 PM »
Yes, heads commence to talking while one glaring question undercuts all the talk of retribution (which is due). How did the highly regarded system of Israeli security, including U.S. intelligence and a very costly Gaza wall fail to intercept such a massive build-up?
Hamas played the long game. They pretended to be a rational actor while planning for genocide. I suppose there was groupthink on the Israel side, which unfortunately even intelligent people can fall into.

An highly uncharacteristic lapse of security which needs to be honestly addressed.
After Hamas is smashed, I expect that it will be.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2023, 07:26:48 PM »
More than 700 Jews have been killed, thousands  more injured, and more than 100 were taken hostage back into Gaza. There are not enough tears to mourn the tragedy.

My son lives in Jerusalem and is ok, thank God. My cousin's grandchildren had to be evacuated from Sderot by the army.

This is the traditional prayer for IDF.

He Who blessed our forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - may He bless the fighters of the Israel Defense Force, who stand guard over our land and the cities of our God from the border of the Lebanon to the desert of Egypt, and from the Great Sea unto the Jordan River Valley, on the land, in the air, and on the sea.

May the Lord cause the enemies who rise up against us to be struck down before them. May the Holy One, Blessed is He, preserve and rescue our soldiers from every trouble and distress and from every plague and illness, and may He send blessing and success in their every endeavor.

May He lead our enemies under their sway and may He grant them salvation and crown them with victory. And may there be fulfilled for them the verse: For it is the Lord, your God, Who goes with you to battle your enemies for you to save you.

Now let us respond: Amen.

Hooah and Amen!
--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2023, 07:30:47 PM »
"Father of compassion", a Jewish prayer composed almost a thousand years ago, after the First Crusade devastated Jewish communities in Western Europe:

Father of compassion, Who dwells on high, in His profound mercy, He will be compassionately mindful of the pious, the upright, and the blameless ones; the holy communities who gave their lives for the sanctification of the Divine Name. They were beloved and pleasant in their lifetime, and in their death are not parted from Him. They were swifter than eagles and stronger than lions to do the will of their Possessor and the desire of their Rock. Our God will recall them favorably together with the other righteous of all time. And will avenge the blood of His servants that has been shed. As it is written in the Torah of Moses, the man of God, “O nations, make His people rejoice for He will redress the blood of His servants
He will retaliate against His enemies and appease His land and His people.” And by the hands of Your servants, the Prophets, it is written saying: “Though I forgive, their bloodshed I shall not forgive When God dwells in Zion.” And in the Holy Writings, it is said, "Why should the nations say, 'Where is their God?' Let it be known among the nations in our sight that You avenge the spilled blood of Your servants. And it says: "For He who exacts retribution for spilled blood remembers them He does not forget the cry of the humble". And it says: "He will execute judgement among the corpse-filled nations crushing the rulers of the mighty land; from the brook by the wayside he will drink then he will hold his head high"

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2023, 10:21:35 PM »
Hamas has killed 1200 civilians so far, including 40 Israeli babies--some beheaded. The mindless, wanton brutality of these murderous fanatics reveals an uncivilized mindset befitting a more primitive era. I'd call them animals, but animals normally only kill for food or in self-defense, not out of blind hatred.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 01:37:01 AM by Sojourner »
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

IMINXTC

• Time Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2023, 12:19:21 PM »
Contrary to typical, frenzied propaganda, the IDF ground forces will not storm in, smashing Palestinian citizens. Neither will they bomb their own troops.

They will need, however, to extract Hamas operatives, one square foot at a time. Locals must necessarily be moved.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2023, 05:19:50 AM »
All those people and their moral hand-wringing. Yes, war is awful. It's war. What were they doing during their post-9/11 bloodlust?
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2023, 10:05:52 AM »
I remember Muslims dancing and celebrating in the streets in the aftermath of the 9/11 events. One Muslim official, when questioned about the inappropriate revelry, said the reports were inaccurate, and that only a few children were celebrating, and were disciplined. I remember thinking at the time that no response would have been better than that explanation. Besides, you gonna believe him or your lying eyes?

There is a primitive, barbaric mindset inherent in violent Muslim activists and their supporters that is out of place in a modern, civilized era. Engaging an enemy honorably on the battlefield is one thing. But people have to be unbalanced and devoid of humanity to wantonly massacre innocent civilians and see it as bringing glory to their god. And a brain wired to casually behead innocent babies and children is simply beyond my comprehension.
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2023, 01:11:07 PM »
There are huge pro Hamas rallies going on all over the world. It's shameful that nobody rallied when Jews were being slaughtered. Only when Jews defend themselves is it a problem.

I feel sick.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2023, 02:11:34 PM »
Likewise.

Colonel Baby Brother is still stateside but returning to post in Tel Aviv soon.

We are having coffee this afternoon as he travels
Will be interesting (and likely sickening) to hear what official DOD and State Dept ( hack. Ptuiey. Spit) is

As opposed to what the real folks making decisions on the ground with Mossad and IDF are…

Continuing prayers for the peace of Jerusalem, the protection of God’s people, and the safety, security, and safety of the brave mens and women of IDF.

24 “‘“The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.”’

Amen
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2023, 02:57:34 PM »
"as when a hungry man dreams he is eating, then awakens still hungry; as when a thirsty man dreams he is drinking, then awakens faint and parched. So will it be for all the many nations who go to battle against Mount Zion."

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD."

Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah and all other haters of Israel labor in vain and to their own peril. When the dust finally settles, they will learn who the true God is.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2023, 07:43:26 PM »
Likewise.

Colonel Baby Brother is still stateside but returning to post in Tel Aviv soon.
May God watch over him and keep him safe, along with all of Israel.

State Dept ( hack. Ptuiey. Spit)
It's my understanding that Blinken is running around the middle east getting other countries to pressure Israel (not Iran) to ease up.

I guess they want things to go back to the way they were on October 6.

Which won't ever happen in Israel.

Continuing prayers for the peace of Jerusalem, the protection of God’s people, and the safety, security, and safety of the brave mens and women of IDF.

24 “‘“The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.”’

Amen
Amen!

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2023, 07:44:18 PM »
"as when a hungry man dreams he is eating, then awakens still hungry; as when a thirsty man dreams he is drinking, then awakens faint and parched. So will it be for all the many nations who go to battle against Mount Zion."

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD."

Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah and all other haters of Israel labor in vain and to their own peril. When the dust finally settles, they will learn who the true God is.
Amen. this is beautiful.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2023, 07:05:43 AM »
Thanks for the prayers for the Colonel.  He will be back in Tel Aviv soon.  Has been in contact with his normal sources.

The Israelis are shocked at Biden’s surprising support so far; of course, that probably changed with his asinine statements yesterday.

Col. Brother shared some of his WeChat group photos and videos.  He was getting live feed from a friend in a kibbutz while they were hiding from and evading the Hamas inhumane terrorists.  His photos from folks on the ground in real time are worse than a human can imagine.

Hamas is toast.  Crispy, crumbly, blown away into the trash and dumped on the dung pile.

Everyone  strap in.  This is going to get really difficult to watch.  Today the Hamas demons are killing people trying to escape Gaza.

Continue to pray
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2023, 01:40:49 PM »
I'm reading that the Pentagon is sending 2,000 US soldiers to Israel to take part in support and planning. I do not believe that this is a good idea, and worse, I believe that the reason for this is malicious. I think this would give the Biden administration a veto over the IDF's actions. Biden is still "all in" on playing nice with Iran and will prevent Israel from dismantling Hamas (his public statements notwithstanding).

The US Armed Forces have never taken part in defending Israel and there's no need for that to change now.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2023, 02:19:40 PM »
I hope not

Only this Pentagon could be that stupid.

My brother is going to lose his mind.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 10:48:32 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by tango
Yesterday at 10:43:20 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris