Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Bud Light continues supporting gay pride  (Read 1289 times)

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
Re: Bud Light continues supporting gay pride
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2023, 09:55:05 PM »
Much of these gay prides (the word pride is clear enough) is giving the middle-finger to the society that suppressed them for centuries.

If pride parades center around participants celebrating the freedom to be who they truly are, facilitating public nudity and projecting a lewd and lascivious image hardly seems prudent.

It seems to me that lewd and lascivious is the image that many antis have used to characterize the LGBTs for a long time, I do not think they started that fire. I don't see anyone posting about the mundane aspects of pride or the ways in which they attempt to help the community... Some nudist marched in a pride parade and that is seemingly the only image that many folks are interested in, but there were many other images being projected by the LGBT community. They have their fair share of sexed up weirdos, but it is honest to acknowledge that they are a part of the community too. Is it really their fault that this is what you folks have chosen to isolate and amplify as if it were "The Image". Where does your responsibility lie? Do you have any obligation to seek out and consume more than the fraction of the community that strikes you as sexually outrageous? It is only imprudent to bear these aspects of the community because people that are so inclined will hyper-focus on it, but that is a failure of the receiver that chooses its filter more so than the transmitter that decides to offer an unfiltered view into the broad range of behaviors within the community. Does that make sense to you?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 06:09:00 AM by Oscar_Kipling »

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2023, 11:49:47 AM »
Much of these gay prides (the word pride is clear enough) is giving the middle-finger to the society that suppressed them for centuries.

If pride parades center around participants celebrating the freedom to be who they truly are, facilitating public nudity and projecting a lewd and lascivious image hardly seems prudent.

It seems to me that lewd and lascivious is the image that many antis have used to characterize the LGBTs for a long time, I do not think they started that fire. I don't see anyone posting about the mundane aspects of pride or the ways in which they attempt to help the community... Some nudist marched in a pride parade and that is seemingly the only image that many folks are interested in, but there were many other images being projected by the LGBT community. They have their fair share of sexed up weirdos, but it is honest to acknowledge that they are a part of the community too. Is it really their fault that this is what you folks have chosen to isolate and amplify as if it were "The Image". Where does your responsibility lie? Do you have any obligation to seek out and consume more than the fraction of the community that strikes you as sexually outrageous? It is only imprudent to bear these aspects of the community because people that are so inclined will hyper-focus on it, but that is a failure of the receiver that chooses its filter more so than the transmitter that decides to offer an unfiltered view into the broad range of behaviors within the community. Does that make sense to you?

You expressed the opinion that some pride parades include sex-related content you yourself would not expose kids under your care to. Why do things not appropriate for kids to see? If those at pride events are celebrating the freedom to be who they truly are, what image does raunchy behavior project? Seems to me those organizing pride events would put their best foot forward by presenting inoffensive, family-friendly festivities, rather than allowing in-your-face nastiness to be part of the program. Does that make sense to you?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 12:24:37 PM by Sojourner »
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2023, 02:46:37 PM »
It is all an effort to put lipstick on a pig
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2023, 02:52:41 PM »
And perhaps a "tuck-friendly" bathing suit as well.
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2023, 05:59:38 PM »

You expressed the opinion that some pride parades include sex-related content you yourself would not expose kids under your care to. Why do things not appropriate for kids to see? If those at pride events are celebrating the freedom to be who they truly are, what image does raunchy behavior project? Seems to me those organizing pride events would put their best foot forward by presenting inoffensive, family-friendly festivities, rather than allowing in-your-face nastiness to be part of the program. Does that make sense to you?

Yes, of course I totally get what you are saying, If pride events were tailored to present an innocuous inoffensive image to the folks that may be unfamiliar, suspicious, fearful, or down right hostile toward LGBT folks and issues, then perhaps they might win a few more of those hearts & minds and be embraced as acceptable members of society. I think it is worth considering that while some pride events and aspects are about familiarizing the broader public with LGBT people and issues, I would say to a greater degree it is for LGBT people. It is as you said for celebrating the freedom to be who they truly are, so in that regard strictly presenting some buttoned up image to placate people that are confused and frightened/Infuriated by who they are would make it about you instead of them. There are family friendly pride/lgbt events and such...though I feel like if you look around you can find that many folks don't trust that an LGBT event can be family friendly, so the effectiveness of portraying some sanitized facsimile of LGBT people is questionable at best. Anyway celebrating that there is a place for you with people like you (even people into the weird nude hiking stuff that you may be embarrassed or ashamed of) is a huge part of pride, the honesty, openness and consequently the discomfort and wounded sensibilities of some traditionally minded folks is part and parcel of being yourself when yourself does not fit the traditional image.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 10:36:33 PM by Oscar_Kipling »

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by Fenris
Today at 05:04:28 PM

Watcha doing? by ProDeo
Yesterday at 05:38:35 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM