Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Bud Light continues supporting gay pride  (Read 1291 times)

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
Bud Light continues supporting gay pride
« on: June 27, 2023, 11:35:44 AM »
Bud Light apparently learned nothing from the Dylan Mulvaney incident. Despite losing billions in revenue after hitching its marketing wagon to the trans activist/influencer, the company recently sponsored a Pride parade in Toronto whose participants included a number of naked men "proudly" marching by in full view of children who were in attendance.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bud-light-sponsors-toronto-pride-parade-naked-men-children
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
Re: Bud Light continues supporting gay pride
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 11:58:42 AM »
You cain't fix stoooopid.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 05:40:09 PM »
hmm, I wonder what your concerns are?

That people brought their own children to pride and their children saw naked men?

That somehow children may have wondered into pride on their own and saw naked men?

That naked men were at pride at all even though neither you or your children a required to attend?

That there are naked men?

Something else?

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 06:03:20 PM »

That people brought their own children to pride and their children saw naked men?

That somehow children may have wondered into pride on their own and saw naked men?

That naked men were at pride at all even though neither you or your children a required to attend?

Something else?

That I live in a culture that is so hedonistic that they questions you just asked even have to be asked.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2023, 06:13:47 PM »

Something else?

That I live in a culture that is so hedonistic that they questions you just asked even have to be asked.

oh okay, it's just the fact that people are doing what they want without your approval...cool

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2023, 07:26:22 PM »

Something else?

As difficult as the concept may be for you to accept, some people are averse to naked men parading around in front of children. I can only surmise that the parents attending that event with their kids were of the same ilk as yourself.
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2023, 09:20:56 PM »

Something else?

As difficult as the concept may be for you to accept, some people are averse to naked men parading around in front of children. I can only surmise that the parents attending that event with their kids were of the same ilk as yourself.

lol, The pride events i've been to were not for children because of sexual content, so I'd never take a child to pride. from what I saw there were old nudist men just marching, I do not find naked people in and of themselves or just walking to be something that is necessarily harmful to a child or something that I should characterize to my child as inherently sexual or wrong or bad or disgusting. Far be it from me to tell anyone else how they should treat nudity with their children, but I do wonder if your problem with this is that the mere fact of nakedness is something that a child should never see or cannot handle or if it was something else? I wonder if you believe that nudity is inherently sexual or if seeing a nude person inherently sexualizes a child? I wonder if it is just the context of pride or if you think that a child shouldn't see statues or paintings or photographs of nude people no matter the context. I understand that people freak out about it, I understand that people including myself do not think that children should be sexualized or exposed to sexual content, but its not entirely clear to me if you just freak out at all nudity or think any nudity is sexualizing no matter the context or something else entirely.  I understand that it may be hard for you to accept but some people do not immediately equate nudity with sex or eroticism. so, what is your problem with it exactly?

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2023, 10:33:20 PM »
God says dont

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2023, 01:45:35 AM »
Quote from: Oscar_Kipling
I understand that it may be hard for you to accept but some people do not immediately equate nudity with sex or eroticism. so, what is your problem with it exactly?

I don't immediately equate nudity with sexuality or eroticism either. And my reason for objecting to nudity in public is the same reason the U.S. and most other civilized societies (excluding Canada) have laws pertaining to indecent exposure. If you don't see the problem with naked adults prancing around in front of little children, then you don't see it.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2023, 02:41:48 AM »
Quote from: Oscar_Kipling
I understand that it may be hard for you to accept but some people do not immediately equate nudity with sex or eroticism. so, what is your problem with it exactly?

I don't immediately equate nudity with sexuality or eroticism either. And my reason for objecting to nudity in public is the same reason the U.S. and most other civilized societies (excluding Canada) have laws pertaining to indecent exposure. If you don't see the problem with naked adults prancing around in front of little children, then you don't see it.

Well, depending on what part of the US you are in indecent exposure is not mere nudity, but nudity with the intention of provoking or upsetting people, or in order to gain sexual gratification. In other places in the US if you pee in the bushes without having any intention of anyone seeing you and having no other motive than to relieve your bladder, you could be charged with indecent exposure because your genitals were technically uncovered in a public area, and if i'm not mistaken you can even be added to the registry in some regions. All that to say that there is a lot of variability even from state to state or even city to city in what constitutes indecent exposure. You are speaking as if there is some monolithic stance across most civilized societies when that is hardly true even within the United States. I can see a problem with children being exposed to lots of stuff that happens at some pride events that crosses the line of sexually suggestive or even sexually explicit, I do not think that stuff is for children, or more specifically I would not expose any children that I am responsible for to such things. However you do not seem to be making any distinctions between adults being naked in front of children in any context. I'm not asking you to make me see it as you see it, i'm asking you how you see it. So I'm asking you what exactly you are objecting to here, is it just that children could see nude adults at all or do you believe that since it was at a pride event it was automatically sexual or something else entirely? Do you object to cultures where families including children go to nude or topless beaches? Do you object to cultures where men and women walk around topless as a matter of course? Is a mother or father bathing with their small child  something that you object to? Is any instance where a child sees a nude adult or even a realistic depiction of a nude adult something that you find objectionable? If you have an actual articulable position on this then I would like to know, If you cannot put your notions into words then that is fine and you should just say that as opposed to acting as if the fact that I'm not pretending to know the full breadth of your position and rationale would prevent me from understanding what your position actually is if you would just describe it. Or you know, maybe you just don't feel like explaining your position to me for whatever reason, it would be nice to know that instead of just acting like i'm just too far gone to even understand your reasoning.

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2023, 03:10:28 AM »
God says dont

Rabbi I think you are sharp, I believe you have a deep and sincere faith, and I believe that your faith and understanding of the bible often provides you with very clear and muscular positions on many of the issues we are facing in modern society...However you do not seem to have any genuine interest in discussing any of those positions or views beyond a fairly superficial level. It is because I believe that there is true depth to your positions and an admirable capacity to communicate them with extreme lucidity that I keep trying to get you to engage. Unfortunately I frequently end up becoming frustrated and caustic when I can't elicit the level of discourse that you are clearly capable of, which really isn't fair to you. So all that to say, I would love it if you would expound upon your statement here, but if not i'll just leave you alone about it.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2023, 06:45:48 AM »
I don’t need complicated answers to simple elementary questions

The fact that our society would even consider public nudity a question of moral judgment demonstrates how depraved and immoral it has become.  The downward spiral of Romans 1 comes to mind.

I don’t see the need for philosophical discussions about sin.  I’m really a fairly simple guy.  A great many things that society writ large wrings their collective hands about is if absolutely no interest to me

God’s Word defines sin.  My conscience, under the influence of the Holy Spirit, confirms the Word.

I don’t care a whit for secular philosophical explanations or excuses or reasoning when Scripture is clear.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 06:55:12 AM by RabbiKnife »

Oscar_Kipling

• Tiresome Thinkbucket
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2023, 08:27:01 AM »
I don’t need complicated answers to simple elementary questions

The fact that our society would even consider public nudity a question of moral judgment demonstrates how depraved and immoral it has become.  The downward spiral of Romans 1 comes to mind.

I don’t see the need for philosophical discussions about sin.  I’m really a fairly simple guy.  A great many things that society writ large wrings their collective hands about is if absolutely no interest to me

God’s Word defines sin.  My conscience, under the influence of the Holy Spirit, confirms the Word.

I don’t care a whit for secular philosophical explanations or excuses or reasoning when Scripture is clear.

I believe understand what you are saying. I didn't ask you for secular philosophical explanations or excuses or reasoning, If what you have is scripture then I don't see why you couldn't have given a scriptural answer, after all this is bible forum. I would have been interested in seeing where and how you have interpreted scripture as explicitly prohibiting any and all public nudity. It's true that I would have spoken about my own views, which I think it's safe to say you have no interest in, so I see how avoiding the whole thing is what is most desirable for you. okay, i'll leave you be, thanks.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2023, 11:34:05 AM »
Much of these gay prides (the word pride is clear enough) is giving the middle-finger to the society that suppressed them for centuries. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 12:58:15 PM by ProDeo »

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2023, 12:05:32 AM »
Much of these gay prides (the word pride is clear enough) is giving the middle-finger to the society that suppressed them for centuries.

If pride parades center around participants celebrating the freedom to be who they truly are, facilitating public nudity and projecting a lewd and lascivious image hardly seems prudent.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 10:48:32 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by tango
Yesterday at 10:43:20 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris