Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Jewish Calendar-How to explain the difference of exactly 240 years in the Jewish  (Read 2350 times)

Oseas

• View Profile
The Jewish calendar is the type of calendar that the Jewish people use for counting time and commemorating birthdays, festivities, weddings, deaths, religious celebrations and other solemnities. According to the Hebrews, the years are counted from what they believe to be the creation of Adam.

Created over 3,000 years ago, the Jewish calendar is based on the movements of the Moon and the Sun, and is therefore a lunisolar calendar. In this way, months are counted from the lunar cycles, and years from the solar cycles. Therefore, years can range from 12 to 13 months, with 29 or 30 days.

In September 2021 of the Gregorian calendar, the year 5782 of the Jewish calendar began, exactly on September 6th, and the end will occur on September 26th, 2022 .

How to explain the difference of exactly 240 years in the Jewish calendar ?

Trying to answer the question by / through / according to biblical events, I found three interesting and suggestive happenings of Jewish History within the Bible, which certainly Jews discard without an explanation, perhaps because of shame at facts that are a stain on the nation's history of Israel.

Trying to answer the question, I found three interesting and suggestive happenings of Israel's chatisements in Jewish History, within the Bible, as below described:

1- The Jewish Calendar begins in Seth, not in Adam, so we have less 130 years here;

2- Jews do not consider their 40 years of wandering in the desert, from Egypt to the promised land;

3- They do not consider also their shameful 70 years of captivity in Babylon.

This explanation shows the why of the Jews calendar has an exact difference of 240 years as was above exposed. My question is: What other explanation could there be that would justify this difference of exactly 240 years?

I would like to know

Oseas

• View Profile
In my studies based in the Word of God, the source of the Truth, on God's six Days of creation and one Day of rest (a total of seven days) plus the Scriptures that teach that one Day is with the Lord as a thousand years (Psalm 90:4; 2Pet.3:8; Heb. 4:4) so MANKIND, yeah, MANKIND, would go through six GOD Days of 1,000 years each (a total of 6,000 years) plus a Millennium of 1,000 years rest (now a total of 7,000 years). Actually, Genesis is a Plan of GOD to restitution or restoration of all things-Acts 3:v.17 to 26-, according they were in the garden of Eden.

That said, in accord biblical Chronology, we can number our days beginning in Genesis chapter 5, as follow:

Adam lived ….............................................................130 yrs and begat Seth
Seth lived …………………………………………………......................105 yrs and begat Enosh;
Enosh lived ................................................................90 yrs and begat Kenan;
Kenan lived.................................................................70 yrs and begat Mahalalel;
Mahalalel lived ............................................................65 yrs and begat Jared;
Jared lived ................................................................162 yrs and begat Enoch;
Enoch lived .................................................................65 yrs and begat Methuselah
Methuselah lived.........................................................187 yrs and begat Lamech;
Lamech lived ..............................................................182 yrs and begat Noah;
From Noah´s birth until the Flood...................................600 yrs.
Total of years from Adam to the Flood =.......................1,656 years.

SIX PERIODS OF BIBLICAL TIMES ----------------- DURATION

I - From Adam to the Flood-------------------.------1,656 years
II - From the Flood to Abraham-----------------------427 years
III - From Abraham to Exodus-------------------------430 years-Gal.3:17
IV - From Exodus to king Saul ------------------------396 years
V - From Saul to the fall of Jerusalem ---------------.508 years
VI - From the fall of Jerusalem to Jesus --------------.587 years

Thus, from Adam to the 1st coming of Jesus ------.4.004 years
From Jesus to our days (Christian Calendar)--------.2.021 years

Total from Adam to our days ------------------------6.025 years

VII - The seventh and last period begins now, in this current millennium, the seventh and last millennium, or seventh and last Day, the Lord's Day. The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 11:v.15 combined with Luke 20:v.35-36, and Revelation 5:v.10, among others.
https://purebibleforum.com/index.php?threads/jewish-calendar-how-to-explain-the-difference-of-exactly-240-years-in-the-jewish-calendar.2354/

RandyPNW

• View Profile
Just a quick look at this website indicates as follows:
"Currently the Jewish calendar is approximately 240 years off since years during and after the exile were not counted."
https://torahresource.com/the-yearly-festivals/the-hebrew-calendar/

A more detailed explanation is here, indicating a "compression of the Persian period" as preferred by the Orthodox and Karaites:
https://pauldnewman.blogspot.com/2007/04/about-240-missing-years.html
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 02:36:24 PM by RandyPNW »

RandyPNW

• View Profile
If calculated by the Millennial Day Theory, the 5th and 6th days following Messiah represent the expansion of the Gospel beyond Israel in the 5th day and the expansion of the Gospel to many national churches in the 6th day.

This corresponds to the creation of air and sea creatures, a universal expansion, in the 5th day. And it corresponds to the creation of land creatures and man, a terrestrial establishment, in the 6th day. It does seem to correlate to Christian history, as I see it.

Abraham was promised *many nations,* along with Israel. So since Christ came, the 5th and 6th days were required to achieve something beyond Israel, and also something beyond the Catholic Church. The gospel had to have many national churches, in my opinion.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
This all sounds somewhat Kabbalistic…
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_years_(Jewish_calendar)

Simplest explanation: They made a mistake.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 04:39:35 PM by Fenris »

Oseas

• View Profile
"Currently the Jewish calendar is approximately 240 years off since years during and after the exile were not counted."

A more detailed explanation is here, indicating a "compression of the Persian period" as preferred by the Orthodox and Karaites:

Sorry, what will you do with your sources once they are good for nothing?

I work with the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD. The biblical Chronology is the best and needs not to be replaced.

Moses in his prayer to the Lord GOD said: Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:v.12

JESUS came in the fourth GOD's Day, and GOD was still working. By the way, the Word was made flesh only two thousand years ago. We are in the beginning of the FIRST century of the seventh and last millannium, or seventh and last Day, the LORD's Day.  The turn from the sixth God's Day to the seventh GOD's Day is very very recent.

By the way, the kingdoms of THIS WORLD(Devil's world) are become the Kingdoms of our GOD and His Christ, and He shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 11:v.15

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
I work with the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD.
My spidey sense is tingling! I'm detecting a pattern here: This is your answer to every question.

Oseas

• View Profile
If calculated by the Millennial Day Theory, the 5th and 6th days following Messiah represent the expansion of the Gospel beyond Israel in the 5th day and the expansion of the Gospel to many national churches in the 6th day.

This corresponds to the creation of air and sea creatures, a universal expansion, in the 5th day. And it corresponds to the creation of land creatures and man, a terrestrial establishment, in the 6th day. It does seem to correlate to Christian history, as I see it.

Didn't you understand yet that the LETTER KILLS? What did you mean with "the creation of air and sea creatures, a universal expansion, in the 5th day. And it corresponds to the creation of land creatures and man, a terrestrial establishment, in the 6th day".   Could you please deceipher what you meant with
creation of air, and sea creatures;
universal expansion in the fifh day;
creation of land creatures and man, a terrestrial establishment in the six day?    Remember: JESUS came in the FOURTH Day and GOD was still working. So how do you explain literally your message ?

RandyPNW

• View Profile

If you're referring to me, you're right. I was going to say that along with my message, but I couldn't remember the word "Kabbalism." ;)

I've dallied in "Christian Kabbalism" for years now. I'm not offended, nor do I apologize for it.

RandyPNW

• View Profile

Sorry, what will you do with your sources once they are good for nothing?

I work with the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD. The biblical Chronology is the best and needs not to be replaced.

Moses in his prayer to the Lord GOD said: Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:v.12

JESUS came in the fourth GOD's Day, and GOD was still working. By the way, the Word was made flesh only two thousand years ago. We are in the beginning of the FIRST century of the seventh and last millannium, or seventh and last Day, the LORD's Day.  The turn from the sixth God's Day to the seventh GOD's Day is very very recent.

By the way, the kingdoms of THIS WORLD(Devil's world) are become the Kingdoms of our GOD and His Christ, and He shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 11:v.15

What precisely are you arguing against that I wrote? If you can't pinpoint any argument, don't bother with the insulting rhetoric.

Oseas

• View Profile
What precisely are you arguing against that I wrote? If you can't pinpoint any argument, don't bother with the insulting rhetoric.

You didn't understand or misunderstood, I was not arguing what you wrote, but what is wrote in your sources that is good for nothing to explain the difference of 240 years of the Jewish calendar.
I meant to highlighted that the Biblical Chronology within the Word of GOD - the Word is GOD - is the best source to know about biblical times. According the Word of GOD, the Jewish calendar is wrong if compared with the biblical Chronology above posted.

Oseas

• View Profile

If you're referring to me, you're right. I was going to say that along with my message, but I couldn't remember the word "Kabbalism." ;)

I've dallied in "Christian Kabbalism" for years now. I'm not offended, nor do I apologize for it.

Christian kabbalism or esoteric and kabbalistic and spiritist Christian?

Kabbalism is derived from Kabbalah. By the way, the ten horns linked to the Beast of sea-Revelation 13:v.1- and also linked to the red Dragon-Revelation 12:v.3- that is that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world-Revelation 12:v.9- yeah, the ten horns are of kabbalah, yes, esoteric, and kabbalistic and spiritist 10 horns, and from them will rise up one little horn, a ruthless and satanic horn, and he will give to the Beast of sea his Power, and his Throne in Jerusalem, and great Authority, it means that the Beast of sea will sit on the Throne of the little horn in JERUSALEM were was the Temple of GOD.

Oseas

• View Profile
I work with the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD.
My spidey sense is tingling! I'm detecting a pattern here: This is your answer to every question.

Yes, I work with the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD. Actually I do not know word more powerful than the Word of GOD, do you?

RandyPNW

• View Profile

Christian kabbalism or esoteric and kabbalistic and spiritist Christian?

Kabbalism is derived from Kabbalah. By the way, the ten horns linked to the Beast of sea-Revelation 13:v.1- and also linked to the red Dragon-Revelation 12:v.3- that is that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world-Revelation 12:v.9- yeah, the ten horns are of kabbalah, yes, esoteric, and kabbalistic and spiritist 10 horns, and from them will rise up one little horn, a ruthless and satanic horn, and he will give to the Beast of sea his Power, and his Throne in Jerusalem, and great Authority, it means that the Beast of sea will sit on the Throne of the little horn in JERUSALEM were was the Temple of GOD.

No, I'm not a Kabbalist in the sense you mean it. What I meant to say to another is that it is along a similar vein, like reading an intelligent pattern into a number of puzzle pieces and then deriving from that a kind of message designed for those who wish to dig deeper.

I never read into the Scriptures that which is not supported by Scripture itself. But there is so much that is not said in Scriptures that we can still learn about God. What do you think the Apostle John learned, which was Scriptural and yet not contained in the Scriptures?

John 21.25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 03:36:03 AM by RandyPNW »

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by RabbiKnife
Yesterday at 12:56:40 PM

Watcha doing? by tango
May 13, 2024, 10:48:32 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM