Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: For TheMadJW  (Read 655 times)

journeyman

• View Profile
For TheMadJW
« on: November 19, 2021, 08:31:08 AM »
TheMadJW said,
What bearing does that have on Jesus serving God?
He is One God serving ANOTHER?
Jesus came to show us how to serve his Father properly, He said,

Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. Jn.13:13-15

And Peter taught,

Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 1Pet.2:21

There is no better man to teach us about God than God himself.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
Re: For TheMadJW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 08:54:00 AM »
Just an FYI that he's banned at the moment, but could be back in under two weeks if he wants. He can even stay, if he drops the act.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

journeyman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 10:30:37 AM »
Just an FYI that he's banned at the moment, but could be back in under two weeks if he wants. He can even stay, if he drops the act.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm not sure banning people who honestly have a different view of scripture is the right thing to do. I'm aware that Jehovahs witnesses don't believe Jesus is God, but I think it's because they can't reconcile why our Lord, even though he is God, behaved himself as a normal human. If JWs would consider how the Bible says God is the Judge of all the earth and then says Jesus is the Judge of all the earth, I think it would help them see him as he really is.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 10:43:03 AM »
Thanks for letting me know. I'm not sure banning people who honestly have a different view of scripture is the right thing to do.

I agree. He was temporarily banned for trolling, gaslighting, being generally disingenuous, mocking the Holy Spirit, and so forth.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 04:54:05 PM »
And the guy should've been banned, in my opinion. I'm all for having open discussions with anyone, no matter what they believe. Just don't come onto a Christian forum and start insulting our beliefs--just explain where the disagreement is respectfully, and discuss it.

We had this guy in our church who I considered a neighbor and friend--he lived not far away, and his wife had been in our church for some time. He postured as a Christian, even given me some Bible discs, which were quite good.

He started attending our Bible studies Sunday morning for quite some time. Then one day he started denouncing Paul as a "false apostle" in our Bible study. He claimed he had taken on Anton Levey head on. This guy was an educated guy, but I think had some fever that had attacked his brain.

Regardless, he saw religion as an  "opiate" and people as "sheep following the blind." I basically told him not to let the door hit him on the way out of our Bible study, and he never came back. He's dead now.

A lot of Christians have told me directly or indirectly that I'm too hard the way I go about it. But I know as imperfectly as I am, somebody needs to do something rather than just "turn the other cheek." I don't think Jesus meant that to be "turning the other cheek."

Years before I had gone to a little Pentecostal church, and a drunk man walked in during the service and sat next to a single women, and began to talk to her and bother her during the sermon.

The woman was obviously annoyed, whether she knew him or not. Finally, I leaned over and told the man to leave, at which point the usher came over, concerned about the disturbance. He seemed more disturbed at me than at the drunk man who was bothering the woman!

These are true stories, and someone has to develop some intestinal fortitude. We can go on loving these people, but the way God does, and not like grown wimps!

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by RabbiKnife
Yesterday at 12:56:40 PM

Watcha doing? by tango
May 13, 2024, 10:48:32 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris