Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: King of the North and King of the South.  (Read 5729 times)

col

• View Profile
King of the North and King of the South.
« on: October 26, 2021, 05:55:48 AM »

Now just who are they?

Dan 11:40  And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. 
Dan 11:41  He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. 
Dan 11:42  He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 
Dan 11:43  But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. 
Dan 11:44  But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. 
Dan 11:45  And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him. 

Col

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
Re: King of the North and King of the South.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 06:34:09 AM »
Seleucid was the king of the North.

Ptolemy was the king of the South.

Two generals of the 4 that divided Alexander the Great's empire when he "died suddenly but not in battle."

Pretty amazing prophesy, fulfilled in real time years after Daniel prophesied.
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 11:52:10 AM »

Two generals of the 4 that divided Alexander the Great's empire when he "died suddenly but not in battle."

I'm assuming that you're Jewish (by ethnic inheritance), since you use the name "rabbi?" If so, it must concern you that the Jewish leaders in the past determined to exclude Daniel from the Prophets?

I'm hardly antiSemitic, but I do find evidence that the Jewish leadership at times turned away from the truth, and indicated that in their theology and determinations.  On the other hand, I do agree with you that Daniel's prophecies are amazing.

It's for this reason that liberal Christians are unable to view Daniel as a real person in the time before these things were fulfilled. Daniel not only saw the breakup of Alexander's Empire into 4 parts, including Syria and Egypt, but he also foresaw the capricious role Antiochus 4 would play, to be followed by the the 4th Beast, Rome.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 11:54:41 AM by RandyPNW »

col

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 06:11:55 AM »

Perhaps people are not aware of this verse--

Rev 11:8  And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 

Also--

Isa 19:1  The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it. 
Isa 19:2  And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom. 
Isa 19:3  And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards. 
Isa 19:4  And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. 

It looks to me that the King of the south will be overrun by the King of the North--

Joe 2:2  A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations. 
Joe 2:3  A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them. 
Joe 2:4  The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run. 
Joe 2:5  Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array. 
Joe 2:6  Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness. 

as per-Rev 9:13  And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, 
Rev 9:14  Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. 
Rev 9:15  And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. 
Rev 9:16  And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them. 
Rev 9:17  And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone. 
Rev 9:18  By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths. 
Rev 9:19  For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt. 
Rev 9:20  And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: 
Rev 9:21  Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts. 

Looks like the enddays king of the south extends all the way to the USA and friends--

Rev 17:15  And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. 
Rev 17:16  And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 
Rev 17:17  For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 
Rev 17:18  And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. 

Col

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 11:06:41 AM »

I'm assuming that you're Jewish (by ethnic inheritance), since you use the name "rabbi?" If so, it must concern you that the Jewish leaders in the past determined to exclude Daniel from the Prophets?

I'm hardly antiSemitic, but I do find evidence that the Jewish leadership at times turned away from the truth, and indicated that in their theology and determinations.  On the other hand, I do agree with you that Daniel's prophecies are amazing.

It's for this reason that liberal Christians are unable to view Daniel as a real person in the time before these things were fulfilled. Daniel not only saw the breakup of Alexander's Empire into 4 parts, including Syria and Egypt, but he also foresaw the capricious role Antiochus 4 would play, to be followed by the the 4th Beast, Rome.

Ummm, no, I'm not Jewish.

Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »

Rev 11:8  And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Also--

Isa 19:1  The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.
Isa 19:2  And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.
Isa 19:3  And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.
Isa 19:4  And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts.

It looks to me that the King of the south will be overrun by the King of the North--

Joe 2:2  A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
Joe 2:3  A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
Joe 2:4  The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
Joe 2:5  Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
Joe 2:6  Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

as per-Rev 9:13  And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,
Rev 9:14  Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
Rev 9:15  And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
Rev 9:16  And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
Rev 9:17  And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
Rev 9:18  By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
Rev 9:19  For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
Rev 9:20  And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
Rev 9:21  Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Looks like the enddays king of the south extends all the way to the USA and friends--

Rev 17:15  And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
Rev 17:16  And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
Rev 17:17  For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
Rev 17:18  And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Col

Hate to disappoint you, but the USA is not any where in Scripture.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 01:01:25 PM »

Ummm, no, I'm not Jewish.

It's a bit misleading to use the title "rabbi," don't you think? Curious--why rabbi-knife? Don't mean to be critical--lots of liberty in Christ. ;)

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 03:23:09 PM »
Why the screen name police?  Why the initial assumption that a brother in Christ (or sister in Christ) is being intentionally misleading?  Do you often assume the worst possible explanation about people you don't know?  I see that trend a lot, unfortunately.

The term "RabbiKnife" is the perfect appellation if you know anything about me, which you don't, which I also don't feel the need to explain to the interwebz.

It is a takeoff on a childhood nickname, actually.

But, oy vey!  The assumptions, nu?

Where is my old pal Fenris when I need backup?

col

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 06:20:25 PM »

Also--

Col

Hate to disappoint you, but the USA is not any where in Scripture.

No??

Rev 18:7  How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. 
Rev 18:8  Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. 
Rev 18:9  And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, 
Rev 18:10  Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come. 
Rev 18:11  And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: 

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 03:41:17 AM »
Why the screen name police?  Why the initial assumption that a brother in Christ (or sister in Christ) is being intentionally misleading?  Do you often assume the worst possible explanation about people you don't know?  I see that trend a lot, unfortunately.

The term "RabbiKnife" is the perfect appellation if you know anything about me, which you don't, which I also don't feel the need to explain to the interwebz.

It is a takeoff on a childhood nickname, actually.

But, oy vey!  The assumptions, nu?

Where is my old pal Fenris when I need backup?

Thanks for the explanation...I think.

Redeemed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 06:26:02 AM »
It always made me think of a rabbit knife for some weird reason.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 11:37:42 AM »
It's a bit misleading to use the title "rabbi," don't you think? Curious--why rabbi-knife? Don't mean to be critical--lots of liberty in Christ. ;)

Bored? It's no more misleading than my calling myself Athanasius.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 12:18:12 PM »

Bored? It's no more misleading than my calling myself Athanasius.

I honestly thought the brother was Jewish for quite a while because he had used a Jewish title. I granted him the "Christian liberty" to use that title, even if it did confuse me. I'm not interested in any more conversation about this because it's bad spirited.

Athanasius

• Administrator
  • A transitive property, contra mundum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 01:28:27 PM »
I honestly thought the brother was Jewish for quite a while because he had used a Jewish title. I granted him the "Christian liberty" to use that title, even if it did confuse me. I'm not interested in any more conversation about this because it's bad spirited.

It's cool, it's cool. I get that. People sometimes confuse me for a woman, or for being 1600 or so years old.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 01:51:22 PM »

It's cool, it's cool. I get that. People sometimes confuse me for a woman, or for being 1600 or so years old.

I don't get that easily confused! ;) lol!

Recent Topics

Israel, Hamas, etc by RabbiKnife
Yesterday at 12:56:40 PM

Watcha doing? by tango
May 13, 2024, 10:48:32 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris