Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: mercy for the merciless  (Read 673 times)

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
mercy for the merciless
« on: October 19, 2023, 08:36:41 PM »
Despite the horrific treatment Jews in Israel received at the hands of Hamas terrorists, some of the transgressors were among the patients treated by doctors at Israeli hospitals:

CBN News spoke with Dr. Shlomi Codish, Director General of Sokora Medical Center in southern Israel near Gaza and one of the nation's leading hospitals.  The emergency department doctors and nurses treated nearly seven hundred patients immediately following the terror attack, which is about four times their usual number.

Patients included women, children, and Israel's enemy.

"We had some Hamas terrorists brought into our hospital," said Dr. Codish, "We all are obligated by international oath and by moral duty to treat and stabilize anyone we see.  In both cases the terrorists were moved on to army facilities for continued medical care," he said, adding, "As difficult as it is, we treat everyone, it's one of the major differences between us and Hamas terrorists."

From CBN News:

https://www2.cbn.com/news/israel/israeli-hospital-staffers-stunned-savagery-oct-7th-hamas-attack-yet-still-treat?inid=c5214fa8-7cdc-45a0-a9a7-f2277ead0f5f&utm_source=news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news-eu-cbnnewspm&utm_content=231019-8073957

« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 08:45:18 PM by Sojourner »
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Slug1

• Retired Grunt - Still serving Jesus Christ
    • View Profile
Re: mercy for the merciless
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 09:58:36 PM »
Despite the horrific treatment Jews in Israel received at the hands of Hamas terrorists, some of the transgressors were among the patients treated by doctors at Israeli hospitals:

CBN News spoke with Dr. Shlomi Codish, Director General of Sokora Medical Center in southern Israel near Gaza and one of the nation's leading hospitals.  The emergency department doctors and nurses treated nearly seven hundred patients immediately following the terror attack, which is about four times their usual number.

Patients included women, children, and Israel's enemy.

"We had some Hamas terrorists brought into our hospital," said Dr. Codish, "We all are obligated by international oath and by moral duty to treat and stabilize anyone we see.  In both cases the terrorists were moved on to army facilities for continued medical care," he said, adding, "As difficult as it is, we treat everyone, it's one of the major differences between us and Hamas terrorists."

From CBN News:

https://www2.cbn.com/news/israel/israeli-hospital-staffers-stunned-savagery-oct-7th-hamas-attack-yet-still-treat?inid=c5214fa8-7cdc-45a0-a9a7-f2277ead0f5f&utm_source=news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news-eu-cbnnewspm&utm_content=231019-8073957

Quite a difference between people with a moral compass vs people who are evil.

I can't even count the times during Desert Storm, peacekeeping in Macedonia and two tours during Iraqi Freedom where enemy combatants, once rendered non-combatant due to their wounds/injuries that we inflicted, became a priority for medical stabilization before movement to secure holding.

--Slug1-out

~In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper which is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help.~

Rebecca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 09:59:34 PM »
Israel’s abortion law now among world’s most liberal
Despite its conservative leanings, government approves free pregnancy termination for nearly all women, and it barely causes a ripple.

They are not always so merciful.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 07:26:25 PM »
Oh look! Let's bring up our pet cause in a discussion that has nothing to do with it! Because, reasons!

Israel's abortion laws have nothing to do with the abortion rate, which is comparatively low (less than half that of the US).

Who are you to judge?

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2023, 07:28:44 PM »
The bible commands us to treat our enemies fairly. So we do.

Proverbs 25 "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink."

This is repeated in Romans 12.

Sojourner

• New and Improved
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2023, 08:05:58 PM »
The bible commands us to treat our enemies fairly. So we do.

Proverbs 25 "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink."

This is repeated in Romans 12.

Yep. And it exemplifies an admirable quality that is beyond the comprehension of the savages that attacked Israel.
Standing before the Judgment Throne we will retain only two things from this life: what God gave us, and what we accomplished with it.

Rebecca

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2023, 08:18:31 PM »
Oh look! Let's bring up our pet cause in a discussion that has nothing to do with it! Because, reasons!

Israel's abortion laws have nothing to do with the abortion rate, which is comparatively low (less than half that of the US).

Who are you to judge?
any rate is sinful . Because Hamas is evil does not make something not evil. Israel said get out because we are going to come in. Israel has shown much mercy and should level hamas

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2023, 08:41:12 PM »
any rate is sinful
The world is an imperfect place. Let's stay on topic.

Rebecca

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2023, 11:54:27 PM »
yes sir :)

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2023, 07:00:58 AM »
And at the same time, my heart breaks, and I am angry at myself, when I realize that in all my prayers for Israel and for my family there, I have not prayed for the souls of the terrorists, that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob would break through their demon possession and draw them to himself.

A very counterintuitive prayer, I must agree.

Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Fenris

• Jewish Space Laser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2023, 12:06:06 PM »
I have not prayed for the souls of the terrorists

Churches in Spain up until the 1980s held mass to pray for the soul of Adolf Hiter.

Not cool.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2023, 12:32:31 PM »
I don’t think that praying after someone is dead is of any effect

God is, however, merciful to sinners while they are living, conditioned on some rather strict requirements.

I fully understand that is a Christian doctrine and not necessarily a Jewish perspective.

I personally like the Conan prayers…for Hamas
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 10:48:32 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by tango
Yesterday at 10:43:20 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris