Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Rocky faith?  (Read 1569 times)

RandyPNW

• View Profile
Rocky faith?
« on: May 19, 2021, 01:03:50 PM »
I have a property with a prize rhodie--beautiful large red flowers, and hardy as can be. Never had one like it here in the PNW--usually pretty bland pink flowers. Well, a friend/acquaintance cut the rhodie down, doing some what he thought was "regular maintenance." I've grieved the loss of my prize rhodie for a few years now. Then suddenly, when I was visiting the site of its "death," I noticed a very small rhodie plant reemerge--this is *years later!* Yes, that beautiful rhodie is on its way back! How is this even possible?

I don't know, but I think it's a message from God that we should never give up, and never lose faith. God is the God of the miraculous, a God who is concerned about both large and small things. And He has been so kind and generous with His time to spend a moment in my life, showing me He cares about the smallest of things, simply because it matters to me!

Well, He actually put this love in me for these small things. So of course He cares! ;) I wish us all well on this new forum! :)
Randy Pacific NW

Monty

• Global Moderator
  • Can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.
    • View Profile
Re: Rocky faith?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 01:07:24 PM »
How is this even possible?
Randy Pacific NW
With God, all things are possible.
Behold, I make all things new.

The Parson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Parsons Corner ~ Ask the Preacher
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 01:11:35 PM »
I have a property with a prize rhodie--beautiful large red flowers, and hardy as can be. Never had one like it here in the PNW--usually pretty bland pink flowers. Well, a friend/acquaintance cut the rhodie down, doing some what he thought was "regular maintenance." I've grieved the loss of my prize rhodie for a few years now. Then suddenly, when I was visiting the site of its "death," I noticed a very small rhodie plant reemerge--this is *years later!* Yes, that beautiful rhodie is on its way back! How is this even possible?

I don't know, but I think it's a message from God that we should never give up, and never lose faith. God is the God of the miraculous, a God who is concerned about both large and small things. And He has been so kind and generous with His time to spend a moment in my life, showing me He cares about the smallest of things, simply because it matters to me!

Well, He actually put this love in me for these small things. So of course He cares! ;) I wish us all well on this new forum! :)
Randy Pacific NW

That's Gods renewal. I share your wishes. If you know of any displaced members from BF, please tell them about us and what we're hoping to do here.

How is this even possible?
Randy Pacific NW
With God, all things are possible.

Amen!!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 01:18:09 PM by The Parson »
1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
The Parsons Corner Ministries

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 11:46:38 AM »
That's Gods renewal. I share your wishes. If you know of any displaced members from BF, please tell them about us and what we're hoping to do here.

I'll have to get used to the new format 1st.

Brother Mike

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 02:38:19 PM »

???

With all due respect. A little ambiguous. Not sure how the format and helping the board grow correlate.

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 12:56:05 AM »

???

With all due respect. A little ambiguous. Not sure how the format and helping the board grow correlate.

I don't invite others to a place where I can't myself communicate with them. It's a little difficult using the reply and getting in the quotes I want. But I should get used to it. In these days of technology, everything takes getting used to.

But again, if it's too difficult for me to use, I'm not likely to recommend it to those who might have the same problems. Don't mean to be mean here. Someone else designed it, I'm sure.

Brother Mike

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 01:42:38 AM »

I don't invite others to a place where I can't myself communicate with them. It's a little difficult using the reply and getting in the quotes I want. But I should get used to it. In these days of technology, everything takes getting used to.

But again, if it's too difficult for me to use, I'm not likely to recommend it to those who might have the same problems. Don't mean to be mean here. Someone else designed it, I'm sure.

Huh. OK.

Buckshot

• Howdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 12:55:35 PM »

Randy Pacific NW

I love the way our Lord still gives us parables in the things we see around us. So thankful that you see His Heavenly message of unlimited possibilities with Him in this earthly story of a beautiful flower :)

RandyPNW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »

Randy Pacific NW

I love the way our Lord still gives us parables in the things we see around us. So thankful that you see His Heavenly message of unlimited possibilities with Him in this earthly story of a beautiful flower :)

2 great things I learned in life.
1) Nothing happens by accident.
2) God speaks to us through what we experience.

We aren't always given to hear or to understand. But we are always given to love God and others. :)

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 10:48:32 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by tango
Yesterday at 10:43:20 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris