Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Do you know then God of Jesus?  (Read 3083 times)

Meditation

• View Profile
Do you know then God of Jesus?
« on: August 09, 2023, 05:22:17 PM »
He referred to Him as the ONLY true God. (John 17:3)

Logos57

• View Profile
Re: Do you know then God of Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 04:18:01 PM »
While the Apostle John elaborates more on this verse in First John:
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding that we may know Him that is True, and that we are in Him that is Trueeven in His Son Jesus Christ, This is the True God, and eternal life I John 5:20

When Jesus refers to the Father as Greater then Himself, John 14:28, it is easily explained in this statement: But we see Jesus Who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.  Hebrew 2:9  By reading Hebrews 2:5-18 we see that Jesus was our High Priest Who was Fully God and Fully Man becoming Mediator, Galatians 3:20; I Timothy 2:5-6 between the Holy Father and sinful man which is what Job cried out for, Job9:32-33.

I would love to quote I John 5:7 here knowing it is authentic but at the same time half of the church question it’s authentically so shall we look at Words (Logos) statement in Isaiah:  16). Come ye near unto Me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret, from the beginning; from the time that it was, there Am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His Spirit, hath send Me.
17).  Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, and the Holy One of Israel; I Am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. Isaiah 48:16-17

While this demonstrates the Trinity/Godhead I somewhat agree with you that Jesus calls the Father His God but at the same disagree.  I disagree because it seems you are making the Son much lower than the Father.  Jesus for humanity sake has submitted to Father but other than this He is equal to the Father, Philippians 2:6.  He did this so that He could become the new beginning of the creation of God, Revelations 3:14b; Colossians 1:15-18 or the Firstborn from the dead, I Corinthians 15:20;23 that we may be fashioned after Him.  Paul claims this in Philippians 3:20-21.  By becoming our High Priest, Christ Jesus became poor for us so we might be rich in Him, II Corinthians 8:9.
We also know that Jesus never sin, II Corinthians 5:21 but because of all mankind’s sin He took on Himself our sins being High Priest for at His First Coming He bear thee sins but our salvation at His Second Coming, Hebrews 9:28

Billy Evmur

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 01:50:01 PM »

Jesu's status as only begotten Son is divine.

Whatever the Father is that the Son is also.

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 09:04:33 PM »

Whatever the Father is that the Son is also.

Would you elaborate this?

jaareshiah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 10:45:51 AM »

Here is what Jeremiah 10:10-13 states as to who is "the only true God" at John 17:3: "But Jehovah is truly God. He is the living God and the eternal King. Because of his indignation the earth will quake, and no nations will endure his denunciation. This is what you should say to them:

“The gods that did not make the heavens and the earth all perish from the earth and from under these heavens.” He is the Maker of the earth by his power, the One who established the productive land by his wisdom, and who stretched out the heavens by his understanding. When he makes his voice heard, the waters in the heavens are in turmoil, and he causes clouds to ascend from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain, and he brings the wind out of his storehouses."

When Jesus, after not having eaten for 40 days, was being tempted by Satan who said to turn some stones into bread, he told him: "It is written (at Deut 8:3): ‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah’s mouth.’”(Matt 4:4)

When Satan tried again by telling Jesus to jump off the temple's battlement or highest point and Jehovah would send angels to rescue him (quoting Ps 91:11, 12, but twisted it), Jesus told him: "Again it is written (at Deut 6:13): ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”(Matt 4:7)

And when Satan offered Jesus the biggest bride ever, of all the kingdoms of the world for one act of worship, Jesus replied: "Go away, Satan ! For it is written (at Deut 10:20): ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’(Matt 4:10)

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2023, 10:48:31 AM »
Is Jesus God?

Simple question.

Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2023, 02:32:03 PM »
Is Jesus God?

Simple question.

No.

He has a God.

His Father is His God and His Father is our God.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2023, 02:53:10 PM »
And there we have it boys and girls.

The classic Arian heresy

Thanks for playing. I don’t think Bob will be giving you a consolation door prize
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 03:12:56 PM by RabbiKnife »
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2023, 05:00:00 PM »
Is Jesus God?

Simple question.

No.

He has a God.

His Father is His God and His Father is our God.

Rev 22:13 -  I [Jesus] am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

John 17:5 - And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

John 8:58 - Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.

So, who is this person?

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2023, 07:05:57 PM »

John 8:58 - Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.

So, who is this person?

Your reading is out of context, friend.

what Jesus is saying is He existed before Abraham.

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2023, 07:12:07 PM »
And there we have it boys and girls.

The classic Arian heresy

Thanks for playing. I don’t think Bob will be giving you a consolation door prize

This is what Jesus says:

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2023, 07:16:44 PM »
It is clear that triune god believers skip all of Jesus' simple and clear definitions of Himself and His God and our God.

It is so sad.

You guys need to take heed of Jesus' own word instead of just following your traditional teaching of RCC.

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2023, 07:22:51 PM »
You guys disregarding too many of Jesus' own warnings and teachings.

It will cost your spiritual life.

blessings.

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2023, 07:42:03 PM »

Rev 22:13 -  I [Jesus] am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

John 17:5 - And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

So, who is this person?

So, who is this person?

I put back the verses you snipped. And indeed Jesus existed before Abraham, even before Adam & Eve were created and He was aware of the glorious relationship He had with God the Father. Jesus forgave sins, as the Paraphrases (rightly) said only God can do, He healed the sick. He says about Himself - I [Jesus] am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. He is much more than just a Teacher. He was born by the seed of the Holy Spirit, not of a human which made Him the Son of God.

What human can say that?

None...

What is so hard to understand because we by the words of Jesus Himself know that with God all things are possible, God Himself appeared in the human form to us, for He so loved the world and wanted to save the world. God the Father came to us in the human form as Son of God.

meshak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2023, 08:41:39 PM »

What is so hard to understand

what is lacking is that you simply disregard Jesus saying His Father is His God.

why do you do that?

Isnt Jesus your Lord?

PS:
I got a warning that I am not quoting the Scripture.

I just quoted what Jesus said.

This is what Jesus says:

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Let's keep the facts straight Mod.

thanks.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 08:46:14 PM by meshak »

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 10:48:32 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by tango
Yesterday at 10:43:20 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM