Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Please invite the former BibleForums members to join us. And anyone else for that matter!!!

Contact The Parson
+-

Author Topic: Watcha doing?  (Read 5885 times)

ProDeo

• View Profile
Re: Watcha doing?
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2024, 11:57:20 AM »
Would make you world champion chess instantly  :)

And make you a millionaire....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 12:05:34 PM by ProDeo »

ProDeo

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2024, 07:56:27 PM »
One of my (crazy) musings : The gift of life

We were blessed with 3 children, all 3 became from the same womb, the same sperm, got the same upbringing and yet they are 3 total different personalities. Nothing new here.

Thinking about my own birth with the above in mind, from science we know an average ejaculation is about 100-200 million sperm cells and they all rush the womb and the one that gets first will lead to a fertilization. So it means the chance I exist is one in 100 million. Else I would not be here, I would not exist. It's like winning the lottery.... A second place doesn't count, no fertilization, no life.

We are all winners..........

Thank you Lord for the gift of life.

Feel free to delete if you think this is crossing a line.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2024, 06:33:02 AM »
I think it is perfect

I once heard Tony Campolo say almost the exact same thing at a dinner in Chicago

He also said that hot dogs are proof of God’s love.  God could have made us to exist in dirt and rocks.

Instead, Ahe made taste buds and hot dogs.

QED
Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

tango

• Well that didn't go as planned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2024, 09:16:05 AM »
Hot dogs are strange. Meat paste stuffed into an animal intestine. So when you eat a hot dog it simply changes form and you arguably become a hot dog yourself.

Cloudwalker

• The one and only, genuine, original Cloudwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2024, 10:51:18 AM »
Had an unusual experience yesterday.  Yesterday, at about 8 PM, I curled up in my chair for a bit of a nap, like normal, and the next thing I knew it was 1 AM.  Normally I have a couple of alarms that ring at 10 and 10:30. Somehow they had gotten turned off.  I'm hoping it hasn't screwed up my schedule.  I got up like normal this morning.
May God bless you as you seek to do God's will

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2024, 07:46:21 PM »
Got a good run in this afternoon. The first few miles were fairly easy and I felt strong but then turned into the headwinds. It wasn't so much fun trying to run into 20mph headwinds that didn't give me much respite. But I got a few more miles in, which is what counts.

I also got a piece of lumber - I rather lost momentum with framing my new wall so figured what I was going to need to make the next stage happen. Now I just need to actually make the next stage happen. A single piece is easy because it fits inside my car. When I need to fully frame the wall I'm going to need a dozen 2x4s, so they stack on the roof bars with clamps and ropes to make sure they are still on the roof bars when I get home.

Cloudwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2024, 11:47:05 AM »
Just got back from the dentist.  I found out my insurance has approved my new, permanent, dentures.  They just took some scans today.  In 3 weeks I go back for them to take some molds.  No idea when the new dentures arrive.

RabbiKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2024, 12:07:30 PM »
George Washington  :o

is jealous…

Danger, Will Robinson.  You will be assimilated, confiscated, folded, mutilated, and spindled. Do not pass go.  Turn right on red. Third star to the right and full speed 'til morning.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2024, 01:25:31 PM »
A gentle run today. Slower intervals, stopping to walk when my pulse went over about the middle of zone 3. Didn't feel particularly good today, hopefully tomorrow I can put down some more power. Friday it's supposed to rain, so it's unlikely I'll get to do much of interest then.

Today I ticked off a badge from my tracker, marking 300km (186 miles) of running so far this year.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2024, 03:43:05 PM »
Got a couple more gentle runs in this week. Today looked like it could be the last chance to get a harder run in before it gets cold again, so I did an hour of speed repeats. Instead of going all-out on the hills I tried to temper the speed a little, with a view to holding the speed for longer - I'd set a target and try to reach that point before I had to significantly drop the pace.

I wasn't feeling hugely strong today but got through the repeats OK, even if my overall pace was slightly slower than the last time I did them.

Cloudwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2024, 02:20:06 PM »
This morning I sang He Looked Beyond My Fault and Saw My Need, including the verse I wrote for it.  And tomorrow the drama team starts rehearsal on The Living Last Supper.  This is, basically, the same show we did last year.  A number of the cast are recreating our roles from last year.  Me for one.  However, we do have a few new people joining the team.  It's going to be a great deal of work.  But it is worth it. I may also be singing He's Alive on Easter Sunday.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2024, 10:56:37 PM »
Curious day today. Preaching at church, and then taking the youth out for a mystery lunch. The mystery lunch was interesting - good food even if it didn't come out quite in the way one might expect.

Cloudwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2024, 11:10:35 AM »
Last night we had the first rehearsal for this year's The Living Last Supper. It went well and I found myself feeling again the feelings that last year's production instilled in me.  Still have some problems and a lot of work.  For one, our Simon the Zealot didn't show.  It looks like we have to replace him.  And this year we're adding a movement piece to Via Dolorosa.   A lot of work and very little time.

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2024, 10:26:05 PM »
Lazy day today, aside from a run this afternoon. It wasn't a hard run, it just got some miles and some time in.

Then this evening chilling out with a friend over a couple of beers. Not a lot of beers, because I had to drive home afterwards.

So today could perhaps best be summed up as "moderate".

tango

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2024, 07:35:48 PM »
Too cold to be running today - one of those awkward temperature days where the sun was warm and the wind was horribly cold. Sufficiently different that running in the sun would make me sweat, and then the wind would sap my body heat mercilessly. So I went for a walk instead. Then my wife and I had lunch at our local cafe/coffee shop. They do some good coffee and some good sandwiches for lunch.

And I finally made some more progress on my wall. I'd been pondering the best way to do it for a while and today I decided what I was going to do. So now the first sections of the wall are in place, and before long I can mark out the floor and take a saw to it. I also figured out what I think is the way forward to take down a couple of original concrete block walls, while making sure upstairs doesn't become downstairs and the roof doesn't collapse and direct rainwater neatly into the kitchen.

Relatively speaking making sure nothing collapses is a minor concern - as far as I can tell everything is supported in multiple ways except in one small area where it should be easy enough to put a fresh beam in (and the wall downstairs has absolutely nothing correlating to it upstairs). I'm more concerned with how to do it without making an apocalyptic mess in the areas we're using. I don't really want clouds of concrete dust floating through the kitchen, and I need to make sure that whatever happens I don't end up with gaps that allow the cat to explore the demolition site.

Recent Topics

Watcha doing? by tango
Yesterday at 10:48:32 PM

Israel, Hamas, etc by tango
Yesterday at 10:43:20 PM

The New Political Ethos by IMINXTC
May 07, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Lemme see if I have this right by RabbiKnife
May 06, 2024, 02:55:48 PM

Who's Watching? by Fenris
May 05, 2024, 02:58:55 PM

who is this man? by Fenris